Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default naza won't work need help

ok so I got my naza unit this week. and I have been installing it today onto my f450 frame I done the programming in the naza software and clicked on write to write my settings to the naza. then unplugged the battery to the naz,a and then unplugged the usb cable. but then when I plugged the battery back into the naza the light on the bec will flash like normal but then it will start to flash yellow really fast and won;t ever turn solid green like it should. so did i screw up my naza unit or is there something else that I need to do first before it will start to work? I don't have the gps upgrade for it yet but I thought that it should still be flyable. so did I get a dud or did i not do something right?
iceman320 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Manual page 39, rapid yellow flashing means it has no signal from the transmitter. Tx on? Receiver hooked up? Receiver type correctly set in the software?

You can fly just fine w/o GPS btw.
psylence519 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

figured it out finally, i updated the firmware and then it started to work which i thought was kind of weird. I won't have the altitude hold or the rth features though until i get the gps module though right.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will have altitude hold, but not GPS hold or RTH. GPS hold will keep it in place even in wind. So in att mode it will stay in place but wind might make it drift a little bit, but its easy to fly. I would suggest starting out in att mode and not manual, I've heard manual can be hard to control. I highly recommend getting RTH and receiver fail safe set up before u go super high or far away, not to scare you because att mode is easy to fly but just because sometimes I use RTH if I lose orientation.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was planning on getting the gps module so i will have to see if i can get it come this payday. And then how do i go about setting up the radio failsafe?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman320 View Post
I was planning on getting the gps module so i will have to see if i can get it come this payday. And then how do i go about setting up the radio failsafe?
you have to add a mix function with the switch you use the change modes and a second one
have it plugged up to the computer so you can see the mode change and on the mix start with about a +10-15 when ever you flip the second switch it should change enough to put it in fail safe if not add a little more and test again
X-8 FPV Wing, TBS Discovery FPV, TBS Caipirinha FPV
satgod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

so then what do I do to setup the naza so that it will come back to me if it loses signal.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What radio TX & RX are you using?
TBS Disco w Core Naza GPS FPV 1.2 vtx MT Tiger motors
02deuce is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

i'm using the th9x radio, and i have the frsky djt module and rx's coming for it that i will be switching to.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 9x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman320 View Post
i'm using the th9x radio, and i have the frsky djt module and rx's coming for it that i will be switching to.
Sorry but I'm not familiar with that radio and as to the proceedures to setup a failsafe, however RTH will only work if you have GSP installed. Maybe someone using that radio can chime in as to how to setup failsafe RTH with the 9X.
TBS Disco w Core Naza GPS FPV 1.2 vtx MT Tiger motors
02deuce is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in