Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default quick zyx software question

In the PC software under setup the first tab is monitor. Everything I read says "remove sub trims on your radio". Step #3 on the software is add subtrim so all sticks are at zero. I believe this is what caused my tail to drift pretty bad. Removing it settled the issue, however I still have yet to fly 30-40 mph gusts here last 3 days. Only attempting to hover in a double car garage and freaking out quickly. How important is this step 3? I don't want the heli to drift all over the place when I finally do fly it.
freestyledork is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i did everything as said in program setup and it all worked out great, zeroed all my channels then set endpoints to 100 on each.
After setup was done i rebinded the radio and was good to go
Did you run set up all the way through? Under "tail setup" it adds servo trim to center the horn and set travel limits.

Whats your gyro gain at? maybe need to turn it up?
Old 04-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

so to clarify you currently have sub trim on rudder channel? on your radio
freestyledork is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yes i have "8R" 8 to the right on my dx8, that brought me to 0 in the program

Removed all the trim (on front of TX) then added sub trim as needed to get 0
Old 04-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There has been some discussion regarding that "monitor" feature and the use of subtrim on the TX. Some users, but not all, have had some issues with drifting and tilting swashes when using subtrim on the TX to center the monitor function.. Myself I have no subtrims at all in the TX. My monitor shows some of the sticks centers being slightly off center, however I have no problems with drifting or swash leveling.
You may want to try zeroing your subtrims on the TX and redoing the setup in the software, ignoring the monitor.
When the ZYX initializes, it will assume whatever subtrim is present is center stick and can cause the drifting issue or an unlevel swash plate. It's no different then using facetrim on a tail gyro and having to reset the trim each time. ZYX is using 3 gyro sensors so it stands to reason that any subtrim used is causing a false centering upon initialization.
Gaui X5 sweet! Warp 360 KST, B4503D Savox- all beastx, 250 SE flybarred-current shelf queen, 130X, Mcpx BL, Nano cpx, Mini Dragonfly, DX8 AMA #982022 If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around.
shreddedpaper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddedpaper View Post
There has been some discussion regarding that "monitor" feature and the use of subtrim on the TX. [....]
Could you please link some of these discussions? I tried searching and came up empty handed to my problem. "Coincidentally", my heli is drifting back and right, which are the exact changes i made in the monitor feature to zero everything. I'll try ignoring the monitor feature, redo everything, and see how that works.
nbisme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I did the set up just like it tells you to, but when i got to the "servo trim" tab i removed the head and used a swash leveling tool to level the swash using the arrows for cyclic in the program. Iam assuming thats why they have the buttons in the program.

Then physically adjusted the main grip links to zero the blades, measured with rc loggers digital pitch gauge. had exact same pitch + and - on both blades. they tracked perfect with no further adjustments needed. Everything was good on maiden just adjusted the gyro gain a little and that was it.

Last edited by gixster; 04-25-2012 at 06:13 PM..
gixster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It wasn't much of a discussion...

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...384591&page=14

The monitor function is mostly to see if your sticks are moving the right way. If your centers are way off you should calibrate your sticks
Gaui X5 sweet! Warp 360 KST, B4503D Savox- all beastx, 250 SE flybarred-current shelf queen, 130X, Mcpx BL, Nano cpx, Mini Dragonfly, DX8 AMA #982022 If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around.
shreddedpaper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do not use any sub trim.. I do not use the John software. I program it with the sticks/lights method, and I also have the program box.

The 'monitor' function on my box indicates my sticks are off by about 4.. Once I tried to use sub trim so that he monitor would read 0's, and then set everything up, and all it did was cause problems. I went back to my previous setup and all was good again.. subtrim=no for me..
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
I do not use any sub trim..
[....]

The 'monitor' function on my box indicates my sticks are off by about 4..
[...]
Funny enough, i had aileron, elevator and rudder all off by exactly 4 as well, using dx6i. I'm starting to think the monitor feature should be skipped.

So: no trim or subtrim on tx. Mechanically get servo arms as close to 90 as possible. Use subtrim menu in software to get them exactly to 90. Mechanically level the swash as best as possible, and if needed, use subtrim in software to get swash exactly level which shouldn't throw the servo arms too far away from 90. Use travel adjust limits to make sure swash is level at full pos and neg pitch. Basically skip the monitor feature for both zeroing and 100'ing. Whaddaya'll say?
nbisme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

No subtrim for me.
Being is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbisme View Post
Funny enough, i had aileron, elevator and rudder all off by exactly 4 as well, using dx6i. I'm starting to think the monitor feature should be skipped.

So: no trim or subtrim on tx. Mechanically get servo arms as close to 90 as possible. Use subtrim menu in software to get them exactly to 90. Mechanically level the swash as best as possible, and if needed, use subtrim in software to get swash exactly level which shouldn't throw the servo arms too far away from 90. Use travel adjust limits to make sure swash is level at full pos and neg pitch. Basically skip the monitor feature for both zeroing and 100'ing. Whaddaya'll say?
TX: no trim, no subtrim, travel adj to 100% for everything.

FBL unit: use servo trim function to get the servo arms at 90degrees

With arms at 90 degrees, level the swash. You should be able to get it exactly level by adjusting the links from servos to swash.

I use the servo limit function in the FBL to set the cyclic deflections to be around 7degrees.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in