Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2015, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help me figure out which Trex 450 I just bought

Hey Gang

I finally decided to buy a heli. I found a local guy selling his Align Trex he bought originally from a guy who just like building and setting them up and selling them. When I asked him what model it was he said he didn't know. I have attached some pictures of the heli any help on the make would be greatly appreciated as I know I am going to be buying parts as a new guy to the hobby and the simulator can only teach so much.

Is there a main blade I can but on the heli to help neuter it a pinch and slow it down to help me learn all the basics if so what size and all.

Bill
lycokayaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2015, 04:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

To note its an all metal frame that is black in color with the align logo on it.

Any and all help would be widely accepted!

If you live in NJ and would like to help a new guy learn the hobby and look over the heli and Radio to see if its setup right I would greatly appreciate it and would offer a case of beer of your likings if your 21 or over.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_IMG_5223_1024.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	608136   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_IMG_5224_1024.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	608137   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_IMG_5225_1024.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	608138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5222.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	608140   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5218.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	608141  

Last edited by lycokayaker; 09-11-2015 at 12:25 PM..
lycokayaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2015, 06:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am not a master of align 450s, but that looks like a 450 sport to me.

As far as blades, I would just put 325mm blades on them. If you think you are going to crash a bit, you could probably buy a batch of fiberglass ones on ebay for not too much money. They do fine with sport flying and are cheap to replace.

I think you would be better off dialing it down with your tx settings. A fair amount of expo and maybe even some dual rates. Sim a lot too!
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
macdad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2015, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will not be able to find replacement parts for the frame on that heli.

You may still be able to get parts for the head and the tail - maybe the main & tail gear.

But, if you break anything on the frame, you may be sunk.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2015, 04:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdad View Post
I am not a master of align 450s, but that looks like a 450 sport to me.
It's not, this is a 450 Sport:

What he has is an earlier Trex model, possibly an Se or Se V2. The 450 Sport simplified and streamlined the design by replacing most of the standoffs with a set of rear spacer blocks and a motor mount designed to do double duty as a front frame spacer. In addition the boom mount and front tail drive block were combined into a single unit. The servos also mount from outside the frame now and there are plastic bits that slot into the sides of the servo holes that the servo screws screw into. For that reason, the swashplate is slightly larger (it's the same as the 450 Pro swash) The head mechanics are also based on the 450 Pro, though there are some cosmetic differences and the flybar cage is narrower. The lower frame is narrower and the bottom plate eliminated the ESC mount at the front. The tail unit is based on the 450 Pro tail and has fewer parts than the SE V2 tail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	align_trex_450_sport_12.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	609922  
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2015, 04:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what I can see it does look a lot like my SE V2, except mine is gray. Though I'm also new at helis so I certainly don't have a trained eye
HSBallina is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2015, 04:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Definitely looks like the 450 se v2. I have a se v2 clone and it looks identical to the heli in the pictures (except for the Align tag, of course). Also, you can still get a lot of parts for the 450 se v2 on EBay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in