Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 450 flybar slop/play

Can anyone tell me if the flybar on the Blade 450 3D should move side to side? With the main head held rigid, my flybar is free to move side to side by about 10mm measured at the tip of the paddles. I'm sure it wasn't as loose as this before. Do I need a new flybar seesaw holder or something else? Just wondered if any of you can twiddle your flybars and let me know! There are two tiny screws going into the side of the holder, through the head block. One of these is missing but I've used a larger hex head screw. I'm wondering if this has damaged the original thread and something isn't being held tight.

I'm going to set the whole thing up again with a HC3 SX, and then, once I'm happy that I know what I'm doing (re setup) the HC3 SX is going on my TRex 550 E - the flybar version.

Thanks a million.
tonycopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Play is normal, even more with the aluminum seesaw holder. Does not seem to make any difference.

"I do my best looking 3d when trying to avoid a crash!"
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

"I'm sure it wasn't as loose as this before"
Did you have a crash and made some repairs?
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is as stiff as 5:00 am, the fly bar that is, regarding movement from and to the main shaft.
DX9, DX6i, Blade Nano CP X, ZYX "Blade" 130X, Blade 180 CFX, Blade 230S, Blade 300X, Blade 450 3D (about 2 b FBL; have the parts, not the time), Blade 180QX, Blade 230S V2, Convergence, Mini Convergence.
Neunerball is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

10mm is a lot of play. Those set screws are supposed to hold your flybar in place. There's a couple of flat spots on the flybar where the set screws are supposed to sit. I'd check that those are lined up with the set screws, and that your flybar isn't upside down. Also, if you only replaced one of the set screws with a hex head screw, you could be creating some balance issues in your head. I would replace both of them.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think he meant it moves in the axis it rotates. Like towards the leading and trailing edges. My new from the box head has less, my night bird with the aluminum seesaw moves about the same 10mm at the edge of the paddle.

If the whole flybar and paddles moves closer / further away from the main shaft, that would be really bad. Should be zero movement that way!

Also, he is talking about the screws that hold the seesaw in place in the head bearings. At least that's what I gathered.

"I do my best looking 3d when trying to avoid a crash!"
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see what you're saying. 10mm still seems like a lot of slop, but I haven't used the alum seesaw, so I can't comment on that.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2013, 05:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I have the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycopter View Post
Can anyone tell me if the flybar on the Blade 450 3D should move side to side? With the main head held rigid, my flybar is free to move side to side by about 10mm measured at the tip of the paddles. I'm sure it wasn't as loose as this before. Do I need a new flybar seesaw holder or something else? Just wondered if any of you can twiddle your flybars and let me know! There are two tiny screws going into the side of the holder, through the head block. One of these is missing but I've used a larger hex head screw. I'm wondering if this has damaged the original thread and something isn't being held tight.

I'm going to set the whole thing up again with a HC3 SX, and then, once I'm happy that I know what I'm doing (re setup) the HC3 SX is going on my TRex 550 E - the flybar version.

Thanks a million.
I never noticed it before until I put my whole head assemble on a true turn balancer. It could stay balanced because as it would rotate the "play" would allow the flybar shaft to slide (shift) side to side. So it would always be heavier to that one side. Another words the flybar would technically be about 2mm longer on the side it shifted to.

I measured the medal sides and they are longer than the center seesaw. This makes a box it would not allow the center seesaw to reach all the way across to both sides. Again this makes room for movement. Would would think there would be washers or something to close the gap. Maybe there was when I took it apart. However it doesn't show any extra parts in the diagram.

Anyways, did you figure this out. please let me know.
thanks
SleepNpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are 2 washers that go between the the seesaw holder and the bearing in the frame on each side. If you look close at the breakdown, between part numbers 17 (seesaw holder) and 53 (bearing), you'll see the spacers.
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have 80 flights on mine and have 0 side to side slop... 10mm is a lot, id think something is really wore out or missing..
Old 07-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I noticed that y 450 with the aluminum seesaw has more play that the ones with original parts.
Windmanquebec is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in