Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > nano QX

nano QX Blade nano QX Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2016, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano QX 3D MOD thread

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1165005/#comments

Take a look at this mod.

Where to and how do you solder the motor connectors?

Has anyone cut up a Nano QX 3D board?
Goblin500, Goblin 380KSE and 2 blade, Logo 400SE, Gaui X3, Oxy3 Cube, Standard Oxy 3, Graupner Alpha 300 3d Quad Graupner MZ12 Tx, ,Vbar Control, NEO, Mini and Full Size Vbar, Futaba, Ikon, Spartan Vortex, Castle and HW Escs, Vortex 150FPV, FatShark

Last edited by Pard; 06-28-2016 at 09:46 AM..
Pard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2016, 08:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I figured it out. The copper dots at the corners of the board, in pairs, are the positive and negative terminals that lead to the motor connectors down the arms. I confirmed this with a multi-meter. If I solder connectors to those dots, I will be in business.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0571.jpg (115.4 KB, 34 views)
Goblin500, Goblin 380KSE and 2 blade, Logo 400SE, Gaui X3, Oxy3 Cube, Standard Oxy 3, Graupner Alpha 300 3d Quad Graupner MZ12 Tx, ,Vbar Control, NEO, Mini and Full Size Vbar, Futaba, Ikon, Spartan Vortex, Castle and HW Escs, Vortex 150FPV, FatShark

Last edited by Pard; 06-28-2016 at 10:03 AM..
Old 06-28-2016, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are some picture of soldering a motor directly to the controller board. I plan on using a dreamcatcher frame with 8.5 mm motors using the Nano QX 3D board as the controller.

https://micro-motor-warehouse.com/co.../8x20mm-insane

https://micro-motor-warehouse.com/co...products/dc-08

After getting the new motors, I will solder them directly to the board and cut off the stock frame arms.

I will unfortunately lose the LEDs unless I can figure out how to transplant them.

I ordered a set of these to wire up for LED light:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0574.jpg (85.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0575.jpg (85.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0576.jpg (69.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_05766.jpg (46.6 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by Pard; 06-28-2016 at 01:45 PM..
Old 06-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

• I went ahead and reversed the polarity of each motor by switching the pins in the connectors.
  • Next I removed the plastic motor holder/gear legs.
  • I then wrapped the motor can with masking tape to fit the arm mounting hole snugly and glued in place.
  • Propellers remain the same since the motors are running reverse to what they were before, but upright instead of inverted. So front left motor is now a tractor running clockwise, etc.
  • I placed double sided foam servo mounting tape at the bottom of each motor can for padding during landing.
  • I kept the plastic battery tray but removed the plastic fin.
  • Result is a standard looking quad that with the saved weight flies with much better performance. I eagerly await the arrival of the more powerful motors from micro motor warehouse for some really fun flying!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0577.JPG (113.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0578.JPG (97.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0579.JPG (115.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0580.JPG (106.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0581.JPG (93.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0582.JPG (97.1 KB, 125 views)
Old 07-01-2016, 07:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tested the 8.5 mm motors. No go. The board does not support the amp draw and even with a .500 Mah battery, I get a shut down.

The 7mm upgrade motors with 20mm cans work well, but they draw too much current and reduce flight time to 3 min from 4:30.

Bottom line, I am sticking with the stock blade motors.

I really wish there was a more powerful inverted capable micro quad out there.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish Blade would make a brushless 100 sport/3D quad with in-runners from the mCPX BL tail rotor. Even better, some small out-runners.
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2016, 05:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric66 View Post
I wish Blade would make a brushless 100 sport/3D quad with in-runners from the mCPX BL tail rotor. Even better, some small out-runners.
+1
Old 12-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put an FPV camera on this rig from an inductrix FPV. Very cool!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in