Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2017, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Reset charge counter on bump

Is there a way to reset the charge count on a bump ... I know I can increase the counter, but can I decrease it ... I copied a bunch of battery... and noobs mistake... didn't realized that charge counts got copied too .... and no way to charge it ... so I have brand new battery showing 30 cycles now

Is there a way ? Or do I just put new bump tags for these bat ?

Side question .... beside for my own tracking...does the bump controller take charge count in consideration in the charging process....so will having the wrong charge count number impact the charging process?

Thanks ... sorry noob questions ... just got my bump last week .... loving it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rsohler is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2017, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsohler View Post
Is there a way to reset the charge count on a bump ... I know I can increase the counter, but can I decrease it ... I copied a bunch of battery... and noobs mistake... didn't realized that charge counts got copied too .... and no way to charge it ... so I have brand new battery showing 30 cycles now

Is there a way ? Or do I just put new bump tags for these bat ?

Side question .... beside for my own tracking...does the bump controller take charge count in consideration in the charging process....so will having the wrong charge count number impact the charging process?

Thanks ... sorry noob questions ... just got my bump last week .... loving it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Theres no way to reset it - the idea is that it acts as an odometer for the pack.

It wont have any effect on charging - it is purely for your reference.

The charger counter should NOT get copied - what firmware version are you running ? I will make sure that gets fixed quickly - very annoying.
RevoKelly is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2017, 04:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
Theres no way to reset it - the idea is that it acts as an odometer for the pack.

It wont have any effect on charging - it is purely for your reference.

The charger counter should NOT get copied - what firmware version are you running ? I will make sure that gets fixed quickly - very annoying.

Thanks for the quick answer

Using 3.02

When I go to detail for the battery ... I can only increase the number... not decrease

Now that I think of it .. I didn't use the copy feature in detail but I did bump pack after pack after the 1st pack was setup .... and the counter got copied.

Maybe the copy feature act differently... I was thinking it would be the same

Would be nice to be able to decrease the charge count.

Glad to hear that it doesn't affect the charging process ....
Old 01-29-2017, 05:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks for the quick answer

Using 3.02

When I go to detail for the battery ... I can only increase the number... not decrease

Now that I think of it .. I didn't use the copy feature in detail but I did bump pack after pack after the 1st pack was setup .... and the counter got copied.

Maybe the copy feature act differently... I was thinking it would be the same

Would be nice to be able to decrease the charge count.

Glad to hear that it doesn't affect the charging process ....
Yeah, writing multiple consecutive packs will make them identical, including counter. Copy should leave the charge counter unchanged, or set to zero if first-time write of that tag.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah, writing multiple consecutive packs will make them identical, including counter. Copy should leave the charge counter unchanged, or set to zero if first-time write of that tag.
Yup ... learned the hard way ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2017, 08:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still don't understand why writing multiple consecutive packs does behave like copy .. isn't the same thing? ... I think that should be a future feature to jot copy the counter while bumping conservative packs.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Still don't understand why writing multiple consecutive packs does behave like copy .. isn't the same thing? ... I think that should be a future feature to jot copy the counter while bumping conservative packs.

Ill put that on the list to consider. Its not that we *must* copy the counter value to each successive BumpTag, but if we dont, then thats kinda confusing too - if the user specifies an initial charge counter value while setting up a new BumpTag, then bumps multiple packs, it isnt very intuitive that the first pack would use that value, but the rest would default to zero. The right approach is probably to add special handling whenever they specify a non-zero charge counter - prompt them for a counter for each successive pack, or maybe just a popup that explains the rest of the packs will be set to zero.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ill put that on the list to consider. Its not that we *must* copy the counter value to each successive BumpTag, but if we dont, then thats kinda confusing too - if the user specifies an initial charge counter value while setting up a new BumpTag, then bumps multiple packs, it isnt very intuitive that the first pack would use that value, but the rest would default to zero. The right approach is probably to add special handling whenever they specify a non-zero charge counter - prompt them for a counter for each successive pack, or maybe just a popup that explains the rest of the packs will be set to zero.
Thanks for the feedback. . Since the counter does not affect charging process. Having the wrong count is really not a big deal .... but it would be a nice to have feature to be able to update the number. Or to behave like copy. Cheers

Old 01-30-2017, 09:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sounds like its making it more complicated than it needs to be. Just my opinion tho.
All I do is just Bump the new tags for the specific size/mAh.
Bump each again to add the charge cycles if they are used packs. Done.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I frequently setup 2 to 4 packs at one time. I always do a five cycle bench breakin and a analyze cycle on every new pack, so my packs always start off with 6 cycles. It would be kind of a pain to have to fill in that info for every Bump tag after I have done the first one when setting up new packs. This is one vote to leave it the way it works now, clear it on a copy, don't clear it when setting up multiple new tags for the same type of battery.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

And we'll still consider the possibility of just allowing the charge counter to be decremented/reset too - it's a simple software change, but need to think about if/how the original "odometer" feature is needed.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
And we'll still consider the possibility of just allowing the charge counter to be decremented/reset too - it's a simple software change, but need to think about if/how the original "odometer" feature is needed.
That would be awesome to be allowed to decrement the counter. .based on the different input above with different views. .. it will the best of both worlds. .. and should be a pretty simple change.

The more I use my bump. . The More I Love It ....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in