Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjonfenomenon View Post
you can do this with a dx7, you just wont have a momentary switch, you will have to remember to toggle back to a normal bank once it self levels and climbs to a comfortable position for you.. It will just get some getting use to as your muscle memory build up.
My bad, forgot to say futaba 7c. I've always used futaba in my racing career for 15 years so just went with them when I decided to do the heli thing. capable, but not all the features of other radios .

Sorry, phone won't do video, is this all done with the radio or a fbl controller as well?

Regards,

Steve

Sent from Tapatalk using my Inspire 4g through ATT (meaning it's a wonder you can see this!)

Steve
Iceberg86300 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg86300 View Post
My bad, forgot to say futaba 7c. I've always used futaba in my racing career for 15 years so just went with them when I decided to do the heli thing. capable, but not all the features of other radios .

Sorry, phone won't do video, is this all done with the radio or a fbl controller as well?

Regards,

Steve

Sent from Tapatalk using my Inspire 4g through ATT (meaning it's a wonder you can see this!)

Both. Self leveling via FBL and pitch via radio

RIP Roman Pirozek Jr. 1/11/94 - 9/5/2013
johnjonfenomenon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjonfenomenon View Post
Both. Self leveling via FBL and pitch via radio
That's what I figured. It's cool in that if you buy the correct combination you don't need some other device that will save you.

Regards,

Steve

Edit: save you when you get in trouble.

Steve
Iceberg86300 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I watched the video... one thing I have to ask. Since you focused on mixing positive pitch upon hitting the SL button when flying inverted... does this cause even MORE positive pitch when flying upright and you hit the SL button? I.E. does it rocket upward at a high rate?
T-Rex 700 HV DFC w/VBar, Kosmik 200 & KDE700XF - My muscle heli
HFMan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFMan View Post
I watched the video... one thing I have to ask. Since you focused on mixing positive pitch upon hitting the SL button when flying inverted... does this cause even MORE positive pitch when flying upright and you hit the SL button? I.E. does it rocket upward at a high rate?

Yesit does.. have more pitch when in an upright position.

RIP Roman Pirozek Jr. 1/11/94 - 9/5/2013
johnjonfenomenon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just want to say thank you JohnJonFenomenon... I did this setup of assigning the iKon SL to the Trainer Button on my DX8 Tx w/my Goblin770, and it works a charm. Excellent video.

Only thing I haven't done yet is arrange the mix to add positive collective during SL. That'll come next.
Yellow SAB WobblinGoblin770 w/ iKon v2, Red Mostro v1 w/ iKon v2
byter182 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Excellent idea!!! Will try!
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFreq View Post
We are testing that too and we are having good results too

If tests go on well we would like to implement it as an option, something like a check box to check if you want to add collective after recovery and a slider to set how much collective to add.

The good thing about it if we implement it in firmware is that we apply collective only when we are sure the heli is right side up

Corrado
Perfect! I would love to have this option!! If I'm inverted and things go awry, I'm already adding a bit of negative collective, recent testing forces me to add positive to get it comfortable again. Got my SL dialed in perfectly right now, if I didn't have to add any mixing, I'd be happier than a puppy with two peters!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is great idea and it works nice, but I would love to see it in the program so it will know when it is upright before applying pitch. So...I was wondering if there was any update in adding this as a feature in any near future updates?
SMOKEMASTER60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Self Leveling with collective

+1 for this feature, this would be so nice !
elpeq is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

THAT MAKES 2 Furthermore i love my ikon !
Old 06-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ johnjonfenomenon

Thanks men!
I will try this on my brain.
I think your idea is applicable to skookum as well.
Rave 450 FBL - Spirit FBL
nard712136 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is great , and i set it up last night, but i would love for my sl button to be my gear switch, can anyone help. Im still new to this dx8. Happy 4th all
Old 07-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

What I did with mine was physically switch the trainer pushbutton and the gear switch so I can have a momentary rescue button (primarily for my Helicommand but I want the ikon to be the same if I can get SL working). Aux2 is setup as my bank channel on the gov switch. I assigned trainer to Aux3 in switch select and then did a mix aux3->aux2 so when I push the button it goes to 100 which puts the ikon in bank 3. Bank 3 is then setup with self level enabled.

Be warned that you should test the self levelling with your heli up high and well away from you so you can rescue it if SL doesn't work properly. It is very sensitive to vibration and it's common for it to tip the heli over.
tracernz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very much want to make this happen but I cannot match the movement of your sliders no matter what I try..
For example:: In the video you're in bank three ( both sliders are far right) when you push the trainer button. Your aux 2 slider moves left and stops short of the mid-point. When I try this my aux2 slider goes beyond the mid-point.

Next problem. When you are in bank one and you push the trainer button your slider moves to the right short of the mid-point. When I try this, my slider moves farther left away from the mid-point..
I would be most grateful for any thoughts you or others may have..
dscobell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So all i would have to do is assign the gear switch to aux3?? If i want to use gear instaed of trainer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracernz View Post
What I did with mine was physically switch the trainer
pushbutton and the gear switch so I can have a momentary rescue button (primarily for my Helicommand but I want the ikon to be the same if I can get SL working). Aux2 is setup as my bank channel on the gov switch. I assigned trainer to Aux3 in switch select and then did a mix aux3->aux2 so when I push the button it goes to 100 which puts the ikon in bank 3. Bank 3 is then setup with self level enabled.

Be warned that you should test the self levelling with your heli up high and well away from you so you can rescue it if SL doesn't work properly. It is very sensitive to vibration and it's common for it to tip the heli over.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Damn cant even find gear in that menu. So what can i do?
Old 07-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're right, the gear switch doesn't even seem to be available at all on heli models... Not in switch select or mix.

-e- Try https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=333096
tracernz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Self Leveling with collective

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscobell View Post
Very much want to make this happen but I cannot match the movement of your sliders no matter what I try..
For example:: In the video you're in bank three ( both sliders are far right) when you push the trainer button. Your aux 2 slider moves left and stops short of the mid-point. When I try this my aux2 slider goes beyond the mid-point.

Next problem. When you are in bank one and you push the trainer button your slider moves to the right short of the mid-point. When I try this, my slider moves farther left away from the mid-point..
I would be most grateful for any thoughts you or others may have..
I have similar problems, help wpuld be apreciated. Mix seems to affect pitch in wrong direction :-(
elpeq is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok after testing the gear switch flips thru bank 1 and 3 and the trainer button wasnt going to bank 2! I just swapped
My trainer back to inh and moved the hold to aux 3! Now when i hit the switch it goes to bank 2 finally , im turn off the posititve pitch for now , it goes so fast i want to make sure it will flip 1st , i have bench tested the auto level and i will maybe try next fly. But to go to bank i have to switch the gear switch 1st . I guess the mixing can only do so much, i also wont need 3 banks. Just a save feature is good enough.

Last edited by Heli biggie; 07-06-2013 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: More info
Heli biggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in