Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 400

I picked up a used Blade 400 up at a pawn shop that had a new DX6i radio and a ton of parts that are mostly useless, it looked like the guy went through a ton of servo's. I spent a couple of days checking it out and decided to fly it. I bought CF blades but used woodies just in case.

The first flight went perfect and I flew for about 3 minutes then landed and decided to go again. The first thing I noticed is the cyclic was very slow to respond then it lifted up fast to about 10 feet and started drifting forward. I kept pulling it back but it still wanted to drift forward. The Heli then went down as if it went into neg pitch but it was not. It broke the canopy, landing gear and bent the flybar. I also noticed the servo under the battery is stripped out. I guess this is the cyclic servo.

My question is when I looked for replacement they all seemed to be on back order.

1. Should I just upgrade them to better ones?
2. Are all 4 servo's on the 400 the same?
3. Could that servo caused it to drift forward despite pulling back on the stick?

Sorry for the long post and thank you. I have experience with the MCPX but this is my first Heli this size.
Evinrude150 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2015, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The servos on the 400 are the same as for a number of the Blade products... not very high quality (and that's being quite complimentary).

I'd definitely recommend upgrading (TGY306 is a top low cost option).
Old 10-24-2015, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for the response. I am going to upgrade it before I do more damage and will take your advice. It is a shame because it seems like it could be a good Heli. I did not know about this forum the first time I got into flying and this will make it easier. I have been just reading tons of info and got some good tools today. Thanks again
Old 10-24-2015, 09:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you want to stay with eflite servos, the current servos for the v2 450x and 360cfx are much better than the ds76 and only a little more expensive:
h3050 - cyclic
h3060 - tail
Old 10-25-2015, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I do like the specs of the H3050 and H3060 servo's. Can you guys recommend a good on-line retailer for parts? I went to my local Hobby place and got a Eflite flybar and a landing gear made by Microheli part # MH-B4006LP and the quality is much better than stock and I like the metal skids.

The problem is they are so far from me and they are stocking less and less heli parts.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in