Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Fuselage Forum

Fuselage Forum Fuselage Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ready for 550 Jet Ranger

Fuselage on the way home. I will install a T-Rex 550 V2 in it. I flew it in scale configuration last summer. Just one quick question. I would like to get rid of the ARB for a better look. I came across this upgrade.

http://www.helioption.com/store/inde...roducts_id=120

Is anyone had any experience with this elevator arm?

Also, would it be a good move to use the V1 gear ratio if i want to go lower than 1500 rpm and using 85mm tail blades. I can go up to 90mm but longer than that can be risky with 550 blades. I think the V1 ratio will give more tail authority in windy conditions.
BackyardFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you replacing the stock motor? I used a Hyperion 4025-890, with 170T 0.7M main gear and 14T pinion. I run about 1450 rpm with spinblades semi-symmetricals.
Here is the build thread - https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=458143
Old 01-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The mechanic is ready to drop in the fuse. The motor is a Viper VSH6007 700kv with a 13T on a 112T main slant gear. Main blades are SpinBlades 550H asymmetrical with 85mm tail blades. I flew it all summer long last year at 1500rpm and even lower.

I already read your thread about your build and retained many usefull infos.
BackyardFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

BackyardFlyer:

I just cut the bit of the anti-rotation guide that would have stick above the body in mine but if I had that option in the past, I would have looked at it. You can mount the elevator servo two ways. Stock, which will allow you to use that guide arm but you will need to grind out the body and the canopy to let the servo sit there. If you go with the way it is mounted in the instruction manual, you will not have the room to fit that arm into the chassis. I have lots of bits that I bought and found out they won't work or fit for what I bought them for. I'm leaving mine stock as is because it has worked perfectly for the past three seasons. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in