Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2016, 01:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default jeti receiver ppm to micro ikon

Hello!

I'm hoping you folks can shed some insight for an issue I am having pairing up my duplex receiver with a micro ikon fbl.

I just jumped into the world of Jeti, picking up a ds-16 and a couple of receivers. My first model to learn with and convert to Jeti control is an Align 250 heli with a micro ikon FBL unit.

If I choose 'sbus' on the ikon and hook up my futaba TX and RX combo to the ikon I get a green status light on the ikon. However when I hook up either of the R6L or the R7plus receivers (in port 6 and Sat respectively) I can never get a green light.

At first I thought it was old firmware in the receivers. The DS-16 advised that I needed to upgrade when I went into device explorer. Despite ordering brand new controllers, they came with 3.13 firmware. After waiting a few days for the Jeti USB programmer to arrive I then updated to the latest firmware on both receivers.

I have tried setting PPM positive, PPM negative and even tried UDI. Nothing would get that green light to come on.

So I dug out a BeastX FBL and set it to PPM. It connected up with the R6L receiver in PPM Positive mode immediately.

Does anyone else have any ideas what may be going wrong here?

Thanks,
Nick
nullmn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2016, 08:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it works on another system then perhaps it's a setting in the FBL unit that you've got incorrect?

Try posting in the MSH Brain forum. They cover the iKon also.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you're seeing the receivers in device explorer, so I assume they bound OK. You picked PPM for the receiver output, but did you also assign it to the channel you want to use? I don't have one up right now, but I believe that you set the channel output as "digital" or "serial" or something similar to that. That step is in the channel assignment area. Hope this helps, Dan
Old 05-27-2016, 06:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

When connected to the iKon, when you power up, do you get confirmation the receiver is bound?
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2016, 07:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you haven't napped the channels in the ikon to enable the unit to fully boot up.

In the ikon on the tab where you select your protocol it should be on the hott one. I think it also says xbus. Not sbus.

Change your Jeti Rx to udi and check the outputs to see which channel it comes out on. Go into the advanced ikon menus and make sure the receiver channels match. Also check your transmitter channels match in servo assignment menu.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also make sure that you are connected to your receiver using the right output. My R3 EX only outputs UDI on one port. I think it's the last one.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! It would appear that I have a defective uIkon. I grabbed a full size iKon off of another model and the jeti TX and RX started talking to it via PPM on the first try so apparently I was doing all the right things. For whatever reason the uiKon won't talk anything except SBUS.

So I got to learn my Jeti using a bigger model setup. I got it going with only one error... I only set up the gyro sensitivity and mode for 'normal'. It had very low gain and non-heading hold in Idle1 and Idle2. Oops.

Regards,
Nick
nullmn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in