Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate

Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Compass Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2016, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Discontinued?

Neither the 6hvu or the 550 are listed for sale on shop-compassmodel.com. I hope this doesn't mean what I think it does.
cquillen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2016, 01:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Discontinued?

Of course not!!

Maybe new kits to come with some upgrades like new canopy, new motor, combo with esc/servo (like exo500)

OXY rep/Lynx team pilot

T700EDFC-RAPTORE700-GOB570-550ULTIMATE-PROTOS500-OXY3
Stoparach is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2016, 01:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I heard they were going to prioritise spare-parts over new kits now. So maybe they just can't keep up the supply of new kits

I've not heard about any new models besides the Exo, though of course the 7HV got 'Chronified' already.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still see both the 550U and 6HVU at the MTTEC shop and ProStarHobby. The 550U kits are out of stock at both sites but the 6HVU is in stock. I am wondering too why the Compass shop does not list the 550U and 6HVU on their site.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 550U has been taken off Redgum Rc's site in Australia(I own one of the only two in the country) and the 6HVU kits have been discounted 20%, so looks like something is definitely up...

Getting over time delays, parts issues and lack of communication as well as having to upgrade the Chronos head...

Just about ready to change brands as confidence in Compass (regardless of how well they fly) is not inspiring at the present time...
Adam from Oz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2016, 09:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sounding good...
rcompton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2016, 11:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you elaborate if you have time on the "time delays" "parts issue" and "lack of communication"?
Old 05-15-2016, 05:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighty View Post
Can you elaborate if you have time on the "time delays" "parts issue" and "lack of communication"?
Sure Mick, over the last year or so I've felt similar to your comments below regarding communication but there has been improvement.

"True that Rob. It's been pretty quite tho. Sebs been MIA. doesn't even reply to FB messages. My local guy has plenty of parts but even he is getting frustrated at compass for the shitty communication.

Everything seems extremely slow from compass... No direct info to retailers...

Put aside new models, three blade heads, canopies, silly announcements that don't get announced and work on your COMMUNICATION.
Its the success to every business.

A marriage doesn't last long without it too ��

I see that. But it's bad form especially when you give a date and time and don't deliver.

You need someone to be active on the forums ANNNND someone that communicates with your distributors/sellers of your product frequently and efficiently."

The delays relate to taking around 7 weeks to get the upgraded V2 head( had damaged blade grip arms after a crash and thought it pointless not to upgrade expecting much faster turn around) after announced in stock date from Compass.

The parts issue is from receiving an out of spec blade grip arm from the upgraded V2 head that was replaced and ended up being a further 3 week delay until arrival.And...another crappy bearing Warp 360 swash straight out of the pack I found 2 days ago( had bought it about 6 months or so ago, I'm over it and will now use Gaui X3 swash from now on...).

Deans service and back up as the owner of Redgum Rc is the only reason I've stayed with Compass this last year...

Regards,

Adam.
Adam from Oz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2016, 06:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I havnt had any concerns this year with pro star in the US. They've had whatever I needed when I needed it. I can't see them discontinuing the 550/600 ult's. They are the same model so it should be easy for compass to supply parts for them. I'm going to keep flying my 6hvu as long as possible...and I hope that's At least a few more years
Old 05-15-2016, 06:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

To the op, why don't you post this question in the thread started by Sebastian in the main compas section for support questions? Maybe he's subscribed to that thread
Old 05-15-2016, 08:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam from Oz View Post
Sure Mick, over the last year or so I've felt similar to your comments below regarding communication but there has been improvement.

"True that Rob. It's been pretty quite tho. Sebs been MIA. doesn't even reply to FB messages. My local guy has plenty of parts but even he is getting frustrated at compass for the shitty communication.

Everything seems extremely slow from compass... No direct info to retailers...

Put aside new models, three blade heads, canopies, silly announcements that don't get announced and work on your COMMUNICATION.
Its the success to every business.

A marriage doesn't last long without it too ��

I see that. But it's bad form especially when you give a date and time and don't deliver.

You need someone to be active on the forums ANNNND someone that communicates with your distributors/sellers of your product frequently and efficiently."

The delays relate to taking around 7 weeks to get the upgraded V2 head( had damaged blade grip arms after a crash and thought it pointless not to upgrade expecting much faster turn around) after announced in stock date from Compass.

The parts issue is from receiving an out of spec blade grip arm from the upgraded V2 head that was replaced and ended up being a further 3 week delay until arrival.And...another crappy bearing Warp 360 swash straight out of the pack I found 2 days ago( had bought it about 6 months or so ago, I'm over it and will now use Gaui X3 swash from now on...).

Deans service and back up as the owner of Redgum Rc is the only reason I've stayed with Compass this last year...

Regards,

Adam.
Yes, I agree with you in regards to the communication from O.S. Dean is the only reason I'm flying the brand, and secondly they fly well. But yea if it wasn't for Redgumrc outstanding support with parts etc I would be walking away with my middle finger in the air.

He chooses to talk when he wants to which doesn't sit well with me. But you know what, I don't worry any more about their business side of things. For me knowing they aren't going anyway is enough for me nowadays, now I just fly them.

For instance the exo, do I like the heli? Yea. Do I care when It comes out ? Nope...Will I get one sure.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Ewing View Post
To the op, why don't you post this question in the thread started by Sebastian in the main compas section for support questions? Maybe he's subscribed to that thread
I posted this question last week in that thread and it has been ignored, just like the other questions I have posted in the past.
X7F#1-Xnova 4530-525, HW 160HV V4, MKS X8 Servos, Mini Vbar
X7F#2-HK4525-520 LE, HW 160HV V4, MKS X8 Servos, Mini Vbar
suthae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm, a little concerning as I recently crash my Chronos that have the V1 head and grips, Prostar Hobby was out of stock on both the v1 grip and the V2 head upgrade.

I at the time didn't realize that the 2 versions were not interchangeable and ordered the upgraded pitch link grip arm along with some other things I needed. When it arrived I knew right away it was not going to be compatible as it was much larger diameter the V1.

I ended up ordering the head upgrade and a V1 arm from Compass Int everything showed I stock, now your saying they are weeks out on this stuff?

Damn!!

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2016, 07:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

duplicate
Old 05-17-2016, 07:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm a Mikado and MSH Protos guy these days. I just recently built my first Compass.. a 550U which after a couple of hiccups is great. Thing is, after reading these comments, I won't be purchasing another Compass as its seems they're on shaky ground and communication as well as parts supply seems hit/miss from what I'm reading. I see other brands which are widely successful with a very strong presence from representatives on these forums literally DAILY. With this brand I'm seeing silence... which speaks 'volumes' to me. Very unfortunate.
Hoping that they get things straightened out down the road.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kit sales have been slow for the 550U and the 6HV-U, so they have been discontinued for the time being-parts will be available for a LONG time. As far as parts go for the other machines, another huge order is due in to Prostar in about two weeks.

THERE IS NO COMPASS PARTS PROBLEM IN THE U.S.!
Old 05-26-2016, 12:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Compass sure know how to hurt a fellow.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will continue to fly my 6hvu for as long as possible. I'm sure there will be parts for years. The 6hvu is the best heli I've ever owned. Nothing out there currently that could replace it
dominator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2016, 04:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Right on what else would I want to fly more...nothing I've ever flown that's for sure. So long as parts are still coming I'll keep this model as my go to smack machine.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 550U will be flying too for a long time to come just like my Atoms. I might even convert it to fly 600 sized blades but still using 6S just like dominator. IMHO both 550U and 6HVU are best in their respective classes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in