Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi danny and lazor:

Thanks for your comments. I prefer some mild EXPO (for indoor flight) but I can see how -100 EXPO would work well for outdoors for managing some wind. I have never flown the mSR outside before as I take my Quark instead. Enjoy your flights guys!

-Linac
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have -100 on my rudder and it works just fine. I love the crazy settings. Can't wait till my SE swashplate comes for even more response!

^Yea, it gets out of hand indoors, I might make Low Rates for Indoors and High for outdoors.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Thanks all, very helpful info>>>>>>>
Sandmanhover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
I have -100 on my rudder and it works just fine. I love the crazy settings. Can't wait till my SE swashplate comes for even more response!

^Yea, it gets out of hand indoors, I might make Low Rates for Indoors and High for outdoors.

when i lift off the ground i really got to pop it up in the air fast it takes off like a mad hornet and it is hard to control till it gets up off the ground a little.

of course this is with all the expo at -100 if i fly it in the house i stick my expo around +30 for every thing but the rudder l like that fast on this little guy. its still really responsive like that and probably just about right for indoor flight.

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

These are the settings I'm using on a DX7 with mSR for indoor flight using MH SE Swashplate and a few other upgrades that make the bird slightly heavier and weighted forward with battery.

For convenience, (and to test) I've set the throttle curve at ST1 and the EXPO's on the dual rate switches.

ST1 Throttle Curve (Expo On): 0 20 50 70 90
ELEV: EXP -50%
AILE: EXP -40%
RUDD: EXP -10%

I tried the mix suggested in this thread, but, it seemed to slow the bird down, if anything.

Here's a question for DX7 users: Say I have Throttle Hold set to Aux 2. Is it possible to reverse the way this switch functions on/off (without taking apart the transmitter?)? (i.e. I want to flick it up to turn ON throttle hold, rather than down.)
nlzm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

love it love it love it. hands off flying and stupid fast inside:-)

question? same setting for the blade SR120?????
auto2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 09:25 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOAH!!! Release the beast!!!

just got a B400 today and decided to practice setting up/using the dx6 before i try to fly this new heli.

i have no idea what anything on this remote does as i have only been using the stock Tx with my msr and 120 sr and have never used a radio as advanced as this.

i used the these settings on my msr to test out the dx6i and to dig deeper into its programmable capabilities. when i first bound my heli to the remote it wanted to fly it as an airplane and everything worked but boy was it sluggish.. much like the training settings you get when you push down the right thumb stick on the stock Tx for the msr. Booorrringgg.. So i found these settings and decided since i had no idea of how to change what to make it more responsive i would give them a try. Finally figured out how to change certain settings and put in all of the numbers you applied as listed. I noticed an immediate change to flight characteristics that left me with an amazing flyer! It seemed to fly even better with these settings than with the stock remote i recieved with the rtf version of the MSR.

Although i still am very unclear as to what everything does on this advanced Tx your settings allowed me to jump in and FLY instead of wasting hours fiddling and most likely just messing something up.

THANK YOU!!!

hope to learn how to actually use this thing soon..
CurseO' TheFLYbar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What can I say. Got the mSR 6 months ago as a rtf package. Did some mH upgrades and have been flying and crashing all over the place, but this is a though little bird.
So...finally got my hands on a DX6i last weekend and programmed these settings, bind it to the mSR. Found the throttle curve in normal flight mode a bit too low, as the mSR had gained some weight I think it needed a bit more revs so upped it curve a bit, still I got a good steady hoover at 3/4 stick...very nice controlling this bird now.
Flick the Idle-up and wizzzz away with some more speed. Banked turns much easier and better controllable...I just love it....For sale: stock mSR transmitter, good condition...
Many thanks for your setting.
DJI Mavic Pro
Engineer H. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 03:27 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my MSR a couple of days ago, needed an indoor toy to add to the collection. I got the BNF as already had the DX6i, used these settings and they work great thanks. Just changed mix 1 a little and throttle curves to suit my MSR. What a fun little heli this is...
andy12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Curse, Engineer and andy:

I'm glad to hear the settings have worked out for you. I also have a stock Tx that I barely use. Thanks and have fun!

-Linac
Old 09-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default question

would you recommend buying the dx6i if the msr is your only heli and will most likely be your only one? this is my first rc helicopter, ive flown maybe 40 batteries through it. im able to fly through a battery without crashing now, but im wondering if i should dive in and buy this radio to help improve my skills. thanks for any advise
choppermsr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppermsr View Post
would you recommend buying the dx6i if the msr is your only heli and will most likely be your only one?
Hi choppermsr:

I think this is a challenging question given the conditions you have stated. There is a significant difference in the mSR's flight response between the stock Tx and a programmable Tx like the DX6i. Flight response with the stock Tx is very sluggish in my experience.

My opinion would be that if the mSR is likely going to be your only heli and you do not expect to pursue the hobby, then just stick with the basic Tx. However, if you enjoy the mSR and want to get the most out of it and have some extra cash, then a programmable Tx would be highly recommended.

May I ask why you feel that the mSR will be your only heli? Most pilots normally move up to other helis and/or start a fleet of helis. I'm still waiting for a Blade mCP or 120 CP. Thanks and good luck!

-Linac
Old 09-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for the reply linac! im not positive that it will be my only one; i just don’t see myself buying many more. i bought the msr to kill time during the rainy winters that we have here in washington state. the only concern i have is; with most things i get into i buy the best of the best only to loose interest/ put it up in the garage. but after reading over this thread it sounds like the dx6i is an important key to the msr.
choppermsr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the really clear settings linac!! I love the form - so much easier to understand the settings than what so many (advanced) people use:

ST1 Throttle Curve (Expo On): 0 20 50 70 90
ELEV: EXP -50%
AILE: EXP -40%
RUDD: EXP -10%

which is hard for a novice user to follow!

Any chance you have a 'blank' form available? I'd love to print out a couple and use them to record setting changes as I try to fine tune them. Or maybe you could send the spreadsheet itself?

I also am very unclear as to what some of the switches on the DX6i actually do. Is there a guide somewhere that explains the functions and how they relate?

A previous poster mentioned "Flick the Idle-up and wizzzz away..." I don't see an 'idle-up" switch. what does he mean?

So many questions, so little time!
MrBlu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi MrBlu:

Thanks for your comments. For the switches and functions, check out the links below:

- Manual for the DX6i, if you don't already have it: http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...anual_DX6i.pdf
(Personally, I do not find it very useful as it does not actually explain what each function does.)
- See the RC HelicopterWiki: http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Spektrum_DX6i
- And, the crib sheet especially: http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Spektrum_DX6i_crib_sheet

I believe the other poster who was referring to the idle-up switch was referring to the GEAR/F MODE switch. My settings consist of a "startup"/"safety" mode (with a depressed throttle curve) and a flight mode (with an aggressive throttle curve). The toggle must be switched to F MODE, either before or during flight, for the full flight settings to be engaged.

I'm going to PM you on the form. Thanks.

-Linac
Old 10-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Msr rtf How do i bnd it to dx6i

Trying to get my dx6i and msr together how do i bind them?
Fetish636 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetish636 View Post
Trying to get my dx6i and msr together how do i bind them?
Hi Fetish:

1. Ensure the Tx is turned off.
2. Plug in the battery on the heli. The LED on the heli will flash.
3. Hold the trainer switch on the Tx, and while holding it up - power on the Tx. (Ensure that you are not on Gear Mode and not on Throttle Hold).
4. The Tx will beep and display "BIND" while binding - continue to hold the trainer switch.
5. When the LED on heli stops flashing and becomes a solid light, the heli has been binded.

Good luck and have fun!

-Linac
Old 10-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Couple of small things to add: be sure the TX is a few feet away from the heli when you turn it on. Be sure the throttle is all the way down and throttle trim is below the mid point. Don't move the heli until the light turns to solid blue.
MrBlu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I just got Dx7, It appears you can't adjust throttle curves in aircraft mode. Do most people run in heli mode, if so what are some good beginner settings?
photocycler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by photocycler View Post
So I just got Dx7, It appears you can't adjust throttle curves in aircraft mode. Do most people run in heli mode, if so what are some good beginner settings?
Hi photocyler:

I don't have a DX7 so I cannot say for sure. However, if the DX7 operates similar to the DX6i I would recommend that you practice as a beginner with the default settings only (i.e., no programming). This will make the heli easier to handle and learn. Have fun!

-Linac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in