Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Get a second mcp x or go brushless!?

Hey!

My question is in the title! At the moment I am only starting forward flight on my current mcp x. I was going to order some parts so I figured I may as well get the stuff needed for bl. But after thinking about it I could basically get a used 120$ or so mcp x for the same price as a bl upgrade with batteries, extra frame etc.. And the stage that I am at now I won't be needing a bl upgrade for a while! So bl or second heli?!?!

Thanks!
montyZooma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get a second mCPX, and convert it to BL. That way if you have any problems, you still have your stock mCPX to fly. You'll most likely have an easier time of your BL conversion if you do it on a v1 mCPX. Tons of thread around here of problems converting v2's.
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are only starting forward flight - why do you need brushless?!! You won't be using the full power any time soon, and you may just bring on some headaches with tuning the system.

I can do lots of 3D moves on the stock setup... Save your money for parts that you WILL break when you should be practicing more
CousinLarry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tough decision.

If you for see being able to go BL later, then I'd get a second bird too. But it doesn't make much sense to have two stock birds unless you break a lot and like having a back up. Which that is pretty nice to have as well.

If getting the second bird means no funds for BL in the near future, I'd just get a 7a/converter/c05m. I don't fly my stock birds since I've gotten my c05m. The head speed seems to be just a tad bit more, but there is a lot less bogging. If you setup the c05m correctly, its lighter, faster, less bog, and you'll find that you break less than with a stock bird.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I say get the second one and convert one to BL and leave one stock. Once I went brushless I could no longer fly it in my house which was a deal breaker so I had to get one stock just to keep flying at home.
1800BIGK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

yes as i am just starting forward flight i think brushless is still to far off to even be concidered, and i havnt even tried any 3d yet! so i suppose the second would be a good investment, as i still have all upright munouvers to practice and inverted! so my guess is i may be crashing at least a few times
montyZooma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

SECOND mcpx! I just went brushless and it has been a non stop nightmare! The second I figure out one issue there is something else that goes wrong!
3din is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Second mcpx and convert it to C05m...it'll then entirely replace your stock heli and convert that to something more powerful! I am not one for a heli collection at all. I only own three (and one about to sell).

A mild Mcpx for indoors etc
A powerful mcpx
and a larger heli if desired.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in