Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #361 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, the following is what was done / installed / replaced:

Feathering shaft
Main gear
Solid cf shaft
Linkages
Blade holders
Hub
Cleaned servos (3 times) the 3rd was with deox?????
Shorten boom to stock length
Tinned all plugs

Results?????

No wobble! No tail wag!

Thanks everyone!

James
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #362 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Vulcar

I cleaned my servos with alcohol and cotton swabs. WOW what difference. Flys like a new bird. I bought a new set of servos and keep a set clean for swapping them out quickly when I start to get some wobble. Thanks for the tip!
Vulcar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #363 (permalink)
Registered Users

I cleaned mine as suggested in the first post. Then I had one that was getting twitchy. So I took it apart and it was still clean, but the 'brushes' were bent in. So it must have been a contact issue. I carefully bent them back out even, and now it is smooth.
Arbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #364 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Whats wrong?

i thought my servo started being a cause of a mid flight disturbance? ?!? ?! but i dont think cleaning them helped anything... basically, when flipping or changing pitch + giving cyclic response is just shoots right roll and i cant control it barely out of the hops... just jumps to the right, i tried to rebind but no luck.... i will switch servo and see if not i dont know what to do....
anjoi666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #365 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjoi666 View Post
i thought my servo started being a cause of a mid flight disturbance? ?!? ?! but i dont think cleaning them helped anything... basically, when flipping or changing pitch + giving cyclic response is just shoots right roll and i cant control it barely out of the hops... just jumps to the right, i tried to rebind but no luck.... i will switch servo and see if not i dont know what to do....
Switched my servo it still wants to just pull right randomly. tends to happen after some pitch pumps or when i try to flip it... havnt really had it happen in normal mode too bad...
anjoi666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #366 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Jim View Post
I know that these blades are little, but have you checked them for balance?
theres a number on each blade and a pair of blades need to be same number on both or it will cause vibration , i found that out with my sons as he had knicked a blade and i just replaced 1 blade and it vibrated like hell and was about to replace the feathering shaft when i noticed i had 1 blade marked 2 and the other with a 4 , a quick rummage in the spares box and replaced the 4 with a 2 and no vibration at all
Stormbringer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #367 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had an issue with a servo acting up. I use 90% iso alcohol to clean these things as suggested by many. Works great, but this one servo was not behaving. I would clean it and as soon as I was airborn again, it would wobble horribly.

I was about to order a new servo... no matter how well I seemed to clean this, it didnt go away.

Last night, I decided to go thru the bird once more before replacing the servo. I noticed that the white strip was not really white on the servo that was acting up. I compared it to the others and sure enough it was a light grey in comparison.

Used the old H.O. scale train track cleaner ( a pencil eraser ) and its white again and like new again.

I have no idea what was on this servos strips, but alcohol did not remove it. I dont have any contact specific cleaner so dont know if that would have cured it.

TLDR: Check the coloring of your servo strip, even after using alcohol mine was dirty (discolored greyish). Used an eraser.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #368 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yup, that is also a good way of cleaning everything off the strip.

Another good tip is to bend (slightly) the fingers out from the track -- sometimes they become bent in and don't make good contact anymore.
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #369 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 on that as well Chris. Have had to do that on the mSR X.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:23 AM   #370 (permalink)
Registered Users

It works perfect now! thanks for the tip!

This is a must do every now and then! Be cariful not loosing or destroying any small screws though
KristoferSwe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #371 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristoferSwe View Post
It works perfect now! thanks for the tip!

This is a must do every now and then! Be cariful not loosing or destroying any small screws though
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #372 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 05-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #373 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the same wobble/shake issue, too.
I tried everything I found here. I even replaced a servo that seemed to have too much linear slop but only make a small difference. The shake was there all the time.

I just started scrutinizing every part under a magnifying lens.
I found the main hub where the feathering shaft goes through was cracked.

Now it's pretty much 100%.
odiewan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 03:46 AM   #374 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been trying to figure out a vibration issue on my HP05 bird for the last couple weeks and just solved the problem. I tried almost everything, I checked feathering shaft, main shaft, shaft bearings, blade ballance. I tried changing the shaft, I started swapping parts from my stock bird, ie head, blade grips, blades. Finally for kicks and giggles, I took the MH swash off and found the swash ball worn really bad. I took the swash ball out of a stock swash and installed in the MH swash, and it's now smooth as glass once again. I had read about the swash ball wear in another thread somewhere. Figured this was the best place to post my results for ppl that having vibration problems.
Tasteles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #375 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just started scrutinizing every part under a magnifying lens.
I found the main hub where the feathering shaft goes through was cracked.
Similiar issue but found my main shaft hole was worn so I just moved screw to other side (180 degrees) of Main Rotor Hub and all is well.
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #376 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah, I'm very smooth now. It's difficult to push the drive gear back up on the shaft, but if I turn the heli over and place the top if the head on a hard surface, then I can push firmly with both thumbs on the gear. When you can get to no play in vertical or horizontal of the shaft and blades, that goes very far to end the vibes
That can lead to a bent Feathering Shaft .

IMO Blade should have made the main rotor hub 4 or 5 mm taller so it would extend above the grip screws. I am somewhat surprised that noone has marketed a button for these as yet. I made a wodden one to be used when pushing the main gear back into position . It is 5/16" aprox. 5/16; long turned down to 0.060' dia. and back 0.060'', This slips into the shaft and provides great support point.

Added:

My DeoxIT D5 experience.

I Sprayed mine when nearly new (aprox. 10 flights) ,at 65 flights I removed the left side servo ,disasembled it and found that it was still clean. As it was open I used a paper match stem and applied DeoxIt D5 to the strips and reassembled. My V2 now has 135 flights on it and servos have not been an issue.

Another mcp X flier that I know has used DeoxIT D5 from day one and has well over 200 flights on his with no servo issues. He removes the servos from the heli,sprays them and reinstalls.

Way back in this thread( page 25 or 26) a member here stated he sprays his on the bird and just flys it right after sparying. Who knows perhaps the mist / overspay helps lube the shaft and bearings.

IMO it would be beneficail if atleast some would keep trach of the number of flights between cleaning / treatments and post results.

I do not fly 3D but I do FFF ,circuits and fly agressively enough to drain a 240 -300 mAh battery in just over 4 minutes.

Last edited by everydayflyer; 05-15-2012 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: Added DeoxIT D5 comments correction rotor hub not shaft
Old 05-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #377 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
That can lead to a bent Feathering Shaft .

IMO Blade should have made the main rotor hub 4 or 5 mm taller so it would extend above the grip screws. I am somewhat surprised that noone has marketed a button for these as yet.
Would http://www.microheli.com/store/produ...roducts_id/391 suit ?

In practice I don't put the head on a hard surface I put one forefinger on the head and the other one on top of that with my thumbs on opposite sides of the gear as close to the centre as possible. I have tried using a Bic pen barrel or a socket to avoid uneven pressure on the gear but cannot find a way of holding the heli that feels safe and stable.
UKHeliBob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #378 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finger on top is fine but I was responding to

Quote:
Yeah, I'm very smooth now. It's difficult to push the drive gear back up on the shaft, but if I turn the heli over and place the top if the head on a hard surface, then I can push firmly with both thumbs on the gear

A hard surface means the blade screws are the pressure point and pressin on the gear can bend the feathing shaft.

Link you posted would work but $#20 for a upgrade part for this heli is way to much IMO.

I can make a buttom for less than a nickle in about 5 minutes.

Last edited by everydayflyer; 05-16-2012 at 02:16 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #379 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had to replace the main frame on my mcpx so I decided to take apart the servos and clean everything up. Got the boards off but on each servo I have one of the little four screw heads seem to be stripped. Is there any good methods to get these out before I break anything?
Flesher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #380 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flesher View Post
I had to replace the main frame on my mcpx so I decided to take apart the servos and clean everything up. Got the boards off but on each servo I have one of the little four screw heads seem to be stripped. Is there any good methods to get these out before I break anything?
Sometimes just flattening out the tip of the screwdriver with a file helps it grip better, just barely file it so the tip isn't a sharp point.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in