Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2015, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Moving from DX6i to new DX7

Hey all!

My wifey surprised me with money for my RC fund for my birthday. With it I bought a DX7 (Mostly because I wanted to use all flight modes on my models and I liked the rechargeable batt). I was just starting to 'get' my DX6i and feel like the menus and setups are a little more complicated on the new one. Are there any tutorials out there, or does anyone have some good tips for setups. I'm looking for basics. Most of what I've found out there (here/youtube) is for the older/other transmitter(s). How different are they?

I have figured out how to download spm files and successfully got my nano qx 3d and my inductrix running. But I'd like to actually learn how to do it and tweak things myself. I've been trying to setup my 230 S (nagging feeling that it's not going to work ha) and will want to get my nano cpx and 130x setup as well at some point.

Thanks!
Vaterra Kemora, Glamis Uno
bakly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Follow the programming tables on the Blade manuals and do things yourself. Now that you have nanoQX setup, start another TX model from scratch for it and try to get there where you are with the downloaded one...
Old 09-23-2015, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The blade stuff is pretty straight forward to setup as per the manual.

You can look for dx9 setup guide as well since it's the exact same for the dx6,dx7,dx9, and dx18.

Or you can just download the setup files for each of your models. Most of them have a file available. Only thing with that is you don't learn anything about how to set it up.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19trax95 View Post

You can look for dx9 setup guide as well since it's the exact same for the dx6,dx7,dx9, and dx18.
Thanks - I wasn't sure about that. I figured they must be since their charts are combined in some manuals, but it helps to have it confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
Follow the programming tables on the Blade manuals and do things yourself. Now that you have nanoQX setup, start another TX model from scratch for it and try to get there where you are with the downloaded one...
I'm trying to do that. Wouldn't heli's I want to program from scratch have some differences to the quads that I downloaded?

I've read the DX7 manual, the model manuals, and done a lot of reading up on the interwebs. Just having some trouble wrapping my head around what I'm actually doing vs mindlessly copying the manual suggested setups onto the tx (not that its easy for a new guy like me). Was starting to figure out the DX6i but there's not a lot of (new) DX7 specific info that I can find - that's what I'm after - someone, somewhere has a DX7 getting started basics guide or video? Maybe?
Old 09-23-2015, 03:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Found something helpful here:
DX9 How To Helicopter Basic Setup (13 min 37 sec)

Thanks for that tip 19trax95 - I wasn't aware that the DX6,7,9,18 were so similar to set up. This will help. Carry on!
Old 09-23-2015, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem. They are basically identical, except the 9 and 18 obviously will have more assignable stuff and the 6 will have less. But for most basic helicopters from micro up to 700+ will be the same.

Where stuff can get different is when you start adding stuff like lights, retracts, and things like a rescue feature. Then you might get into different stuff that say a dx9 might have, that a dx7 might not.

But really the only thing for helis is rescue, and i think thats just a switch you assign ( not positive as i dont have any units that have rescue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in