Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation Esky is history

Came across this and thought I would share.
http://www.eskyhelicopter.com/

Old 02-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmm...they claim it has been closed for a year!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

And the Esky website itself is still posting news as of Jan 2012:
http://www.esky-heli.com/index.php?m...&article_id=23
Old 02-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
Hmm...they claim it has been closed for a year!
Hey Luke
Yeah not sure how legit the notice from this online retailer really is, who really knows theses days. I just wanted to post it here to let you guys know it was out there. Esky hasn’t updated there official website in a long time and nothing new has come out in a while, so I’m thinking there might be some true to this statement. I’ve stayed up to date on all the rumors surrounding Esky, from vendors dropping them because they were receiving less stock than what they ordered to Esky stopping production to restructure. And yes, it’s the Chinese New Year and in the past this time of the year has contribute to the unavailability of needed spare parts…maybe this is like every other year, but again who knows has Esky never really speaks to the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
And the Esky website itself is still posting news as of Jan 2012:
http://www.esky-heli.com/index.php?m...&article_id=23
I have heard many times over the years that Esky-Heli.com is part of Esky hobby (Esky-SZ). I have to say I degree with these statements, if Esky Hobby actually owned Esky-Heli.com, I pretty sure they wouldn’t be selling Walkera helicopters. Lol! Besides, the statement on the page you linked is referring to the operations of Esky-Heli.com, which is just an official retailer of Esky products, not actually Esky Hobby. Maybe I'm not seeing the news you are referring to.

This is the one and only official Esky website as far as I know. Take a look, you’ll see there hasn’t been any updates or activity in a long long time.
http://en.esky-sz.cn/about.html

Again Bud, was just pasting on what I had seen.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

HANK!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi HH!!
Good to see you on here!
Old 02-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet-Lama View Post
HANK!
Scot, my man
Old 02-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldladypilot View Post
Hi HH!!
Good to see you on here!
Hi OLP
Yeah wanted to post the link I came across here for you guys and gals to check out. Hopefully it’s not true
Old 02-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Hi OLP
Yeah wanted to post the link I came across here for you guys and gals to check out. Hopefully it’s not true
I get my parts here; http://www.eskyhelicopters.com/esky-...arts-c-24.html

Except for KDS heli's, they sell only Esky. So I assume they are Esky.
They are no more "out of stock" then any other supplier is. I do not see any Honey Bees though. I suspect they have discontinued them. If you look elsewhere for a Honey Bee all suppliers are out of stock.

They could be out of business and just keep the websites up to get rid of stock. If it all dries up....we'll know.

Kinda sad if they did shut down. All they really needed to do was use much better quality electronics and improve quality control overall. Good helis otherwise.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldladypilot View Post
I get my parts here; http://www.eskyhelicopters.com/esky-...arts-c-24.html

Except for KDS heli's, they sell only Esky. So I assume they are Esky.
They are no more "out of stock" then any other supplier is. I do not see any Honey Bees though. I suspect they have discontinued them. If you look elsewhere for a Honey Bee all suppliers are out of stock.

They could be out of business and just keep the websites up to get rid of stock. If it all dries up....we'll know.

Kinda sad if they did shut down. All they really needed to do was use much better quality electronics and improve quality control overall. Good helis otherwise.
Yeah I can see where you would assume eskyhelicopter.com are Esky, but they are not…lol!

Eskyhelicopter.com is owned by JP Commerce, which is a retailer and wholesale distributor of Esky products. If you go to Esky’s official website that I link above and on the main page hit the blue distributor tap, you will see JP Commerce (eskyhelicopter.com) listed right below HeliDirect as a official distributor of Esky products.

If Esky is really out of business, it makes sense to me that all if not most retailers will keep it on the down low till they sell out of all their Esky helicopters in stock, not just one or two individual helicopters, but all Esky helicopter…coaxial, FP and CP. They know nobody is going the buy a RTF helicopter that is no longer being made and they would be the ones screwed with inventory that they paid for, but couldn’t move on to the consumer. This is why I think there might be some truth in the statement from the website I linked in the first post. They are pretty much out of all Esky products, so they have nothing to loose letting the cat out of the bag. But as you said, we’ll know for sure when/if all Esky products do dry up…I guess only time will tell.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Yeah I can see where you would assume eskyhelicopter.com are Esky, but they are not…lol!

Eskyhelicopter.com is owned by JP Commerce, which is a retailer and wholesale distributor of Esky products. If you go to Esky’s official website that I link above and on the main page hit the blue distributor tap, you will see JP Commerce (eskyhelicopter.com) listed right below HeliDirect as a official distributor of Esky products.

If Esky is really out of business, it makes sense to me that all if not most retailers will keep it on the down low till they sell out of all their Esky helicopters in stock, not just one or two individual helicopters, but all Esky helicopter…coaxial, FP and CP. They know nobody is going the buy a RTF helicopter that is no longer being made and they would be the ones screwed with inventory that they paid for, but couldn’t move on to the consumer. This is why I think there might be some truth in the statement from the website I linked in the first post. They are pretty much out of all Esky products, so they have nothing to loose letting the cat out of the bag. But as you said, we’ll know for sure when/if all Esky products do dry up…I guess only time will tell.
Yep, you're right HH, I never really looked into it. If they did shut down they sure left those distributors holding the bag.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I spoke to a UK Esky distributor today and he told me they have a number of orders placed with Esky for helis/spares and despatch dates for all of them. He also told me about the new Esky 700 due soon (450 size so don't get all excited you 600 pilots). . I'm waiting for the pic he's promised to send.

He also mentioned these rumours historically tend to start around Christmas and through January for the Chinese New Year when China is on holiday.

Time will tell eh ?

Bugster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Having recently bought a belt cpx (first cp heli), I really hope this rumour isn't true
comatosed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugster View Post
I spoke to a UK Esky distributor today and he told me they have a number of orders placed with Esky for helis/spares and despatch dates for all of them. He also told me about the new Esky 700 due soon (450 size so don't get all excited you 600 pilots). . I'm waiting for the pic he's promised to send.

He also mentioned these rumours historically tend to start around Christmas and through January for the Chinese New Year when China is on holiday.

Time will tell eh ?

Bugster, this is encouraging news! Hopefully this is the case and Esky will be around for a long time. Esky 700…interesting, this is the first I’ve heard about this helicopter. It would be so sweet if he comes through and you get your hands on some pictures. I would think the pictures sure would put a stop to some of the rumors.

The next time you talk with him could you do me a favor, could you ask him if he knows anything about why Esky pulled the new (at the time) Prince helicopter off their website at the end of January 2011. Back then, it was listed in their soon to be release section and if I remember right, Esky pulled it off their website sometime near the end of February 2011. The Honey Bee Prince had a new plastic frame design, sporting a new (to Esky) style 3900kv bl motor and a new 2in1 mixer. Yes I said 2in1 mixer, yep no more internal gyro…sweet. Honestly it looks like a Blade SR to me, but if the price was right, I would have loved to have gotten my hands on the 2in1 mixer. Unfortunately Esky never released this helicopter which by the way is another reason why I thought Esky was in serious trouble last year.

I know most here have never even heard of the Honey Bee Prince and probably think I’m wrong or crazy. But not this time and lucky for me, I saved a link to the manual before Esky yank the helicopter off their website. Take a look
http://hbfpnl.files.wordpress.com/20...bee-prince.pdf
Old 02-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Willdo HH. In the meantime checkout this link - you were definitely not imagining it

http://en.esky-sz.cn/products_detail...3acd5bc90.html

Old 02-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Give it a BL tail motor and im all in.
Come on ESky, add the BL TM and build this puppy, its time to step up!
Im sure modding the head to FP would have been easy breezy too, O well...............
Old 02-08-2012, 06:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugster View Post
Willdo HH. In the meantime checkout this link - you were definitely not imagining it

http://en.esky-sz.cn/products_detail...3acd5bc90.html

Yep that’s the one. It funny, you can key in Honey Bee Prince in the search box on their website and the helicopter will come up and link to the page you posted, but if you are on the home page and just go to 200 Series helicopters it’s a different page that doesn’t show the Prince. Not even sure why it’s listed with the 200 series anyway, it should be listed in the 500 series with the other Esky 500mm length helicopters like the Bee V2 and CP3.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet-Lama View Post
Give it a BL tail motor and im all in.
Come on ESky, add the BL TM and build this puppy, its time to step up!
Im sure modding the head to FP would have been easy breezy too, O well...............
Amen Brother, it would be awesome if Esky came out with a 2in1 that supported a intergraded brushless tail esc. That would totally help them get back in the game for sure.

Hey Bud, check out the Honey Bee Cool 2 that they were also suppose to release back then. The Cool 2 and Prince are the same size (500mm) and share the same new frame design. The only real difference between the two helicopters is the Cool 2 is (or would have been) a belt driven tail version. How sweet would that of been for a Bee modders like myself…two new main bearing (3mm inside diameter), a main tail pulley from cnchelicopter that would fit a 3mm main shaft and I’m thinking the Bee V1/V2 head assembly and main gear would drop right in…sweetness.
http://en.esky-sz.cn/products_detail...deddc925d.html
Old 02-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just received this. Sorry about the poor quality (of the pic )

Old 02-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mmmm.....

FBL......I wonder what an Esky 3 axis gyro is like.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in