Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 09:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Carbon will be significantly heavier and more damaging especially when rotating. Also Alum blade grips. Much more rotating mass and much more broken parts.

Still looks awesome. I want this too.

BTW even with those downsides I still like carbon over plastic or foam.
Jskrapper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
DVS
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Align coming out with a T-rex 100 3G....... This will be interesting.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 CF is.......well, CF. It just looks too sweet, just don't fly into sh!t and you're good to go.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Putting weight and CF aside, this will suffer due to 3G
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
Looks pretty stout, and hell yeah for carbon blades, the only other alternative to me is styrofoam due to it's light weight, plastics just as hard and damaging, especially if the mCP blades are as tough as they say. What's the difference between breaking your stuff with plastic over carbon?
exactly.
4G6, mCPX, mCPXBL, nCPX, mSR, mCX
Gadflyii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
Putting weight and CF aside, this will suffer due to 3G
How you figure?
Old 02-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jskrapper View Post
Carbon will be significantly heavier and more damaging especially when rotating. Also Alum blade grips. Much more rotating mass and much more broken parts.

Still looks awesome. I want this too.

BTW even with those downsides I still like carbon over plastic or foam.
Well we don't know that.. We have no idea how much the mains weigh on the mCPx or the trex 100 3g... time will tell..

I am guessing that both will be a lot of fun.

I'll still pick up the mCPx, as it will be out sooner, but I will have a trex 100 too... that I promise you
Old 02-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post
I am guessing that both will be a lot of fun.

I'll still pick up the mCPx, as it will be out sooner, but I will have a trex 100 too... that I promise you
+1 Why not share the love. I'm sure each will have ups and downs, but both will likely make it to my hangar, plus we're overlooking the big picture here, literally. This is just the beginning of more MFG's building micros to compete with the Walera's. I'm betting one of the two will have a driven tail 125 sized by the holidays, let's hope any way.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

don't forget we also know that there is a solo pro CP on the way....

So that makes three new comers to compete with Walkera.. all of which is good news for us.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post
How you figure?
From what I hear Align's 3G is not a very good FBL system.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I read mixed things
early quality issues - bad pins and loose internals
Bulky against the BeastX
Not easy to set up initially

vs

Better liked on larger heli's
Does work well once set up

None of this is from my experience, although I do have a 450Sport 3G which I've yet to fly
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

the 3g system is pretty much junk on any helicopter. I would hope they don't actually put the same non thought out system on the 100.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My Prediction: mCP X FTW!

The big question will be - how will the parts pricing stack up against the mCP X? We all know the mCP X parts are priced super high (although eFlites micro helis are very durable).

My guess is that parts will not be any cheaper on the Trex100 3G - probably more, especially with the metal head and CF blades.

Assuming that it wont (and it probably wont) be able to bind to a DSM2 Tx, I think that is going to hurt them big time in sales. Not to mention, timing is everything...and they're late.

eFlite is simply casting a wider net by offering a BNF and RTF. Hard to argue with that.

I'm still leaning towards the mCP X, although the head does look cool on the Trex100 3G.

I pick the mCP X as the winner.

PS - Those images are definitely 3d mock ups vs photos. There are also no blade grips screws in the images

Last edited by jaydekay; 02-26-2011 at 02:38 PM..
jaydekay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW, word on the streets is that this heli will bind via FASST.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
DVS
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I wonder if the head of the T-rex 100 3G would fit on the mCP X
Old 02-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
I wonder if the head of the T-rex 100 3G would fit on the mCP X
I kinda doubt it. Even if it 'fits' that doesn't mean it will be geometrically correct.

I have 2 flybarless helis, and I can tell you that the geometry is very very important. Even a millimeter of difference in many areas in the head can cause lower quality geometry and cause the FBL controller to overwork the control loop which then causes undesirable flight characteristics.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

I think I could end up with this aswell as an mcp x because after a lot of rd by the designers then it could be more 3d capable then the mcp x for 3d manoeuvres, I hope I am right!
Max McCarthy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #38 (permalink)

My HF Map location

jaydekay, I've read many of your posts and your a pretty level headed and intelligent guy, so I hope none of this is taken offensively but I just thought I might make a few comments on what you've said here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydekay View Post
The big question will be - how will the parts pricing stack up against the mCP X? We all know the mCP X parts are priced super high (although eFlites micro helis are very durable).
My guess is that parts will not be any cheaper on the Trex100 3G - probably more, especially with the metal head and CF blades.
I agree with you that at least for their micros and especially the recent 120 this has been true, but in owning a 450 and going through the learning curve of a CP, then having the 120 I think I can say, and since I see your helos listed, think you may agree, that any FP over a CP is going the break way less in crashes then a CP. I could go into some long examples but to make it short, the things a CP can do will put it into a lot more situations that very well may make this helo at least what could be considered, the most breakable of the bunch.

I guess more simple put, to compare all of Horizons mini helos as they have all been FP to what might be what will happen when they go CP with the same, and (and no offence please) get put into the hand of only FP before flyers, and or even worse, some one from nothing, might just be a whole new story.

Also I agree with this but more technically too at least, by what I mean is, there is something to be said about the physics of the advantage any micros gets from it just being this small in size as once you have something that light, it tends to break less from just the shear lack of impact forces.

But it all remains to be seen as this is for sure all speculation.

But then to talk about the parts pricing too, I would suspect for the exact "type" of part, or even the whole helo for that matter will be higher, but you have to again look at things like, yeah the main shaft may be more but its bigger and things like that.

Basically I think it's fair to say that while you do pay a bit for the Align name, for most cases, you do get a pretty fair, you are getting what you paid for part. So per helo per similar part they may be more, but typically I'm betting there would be a reason for that.

But also one other thing to point out thought and I think this is a big one is that at least with Align, we are not being hammered by the MAP thing Horizon does and perhaps at first they may be a bit, but over time that will drop as they get fully stocked everywhere and we will probably see things have the nice price swing just as it is now, and then we could possibly get some real deals on the Align parts if that is what you are looking for.

But as we all know, that will never happen with Horizon as with what they do with their MAP, the over price you pay today, is the overprice it will stay.

Quote:
Assuming that it wont (and it probably wont) be able to bind to a DSM2 Tx, I think that is going to hurt them big time in sales. Not to mention, timing is everything...and they're late.

eFlite is simply casting a wider net by offering a BNF and RTF. Hard to argue with that.
Yeah this is all way the cart before the horse talk anyway and I wish I remember where this was I read it but as it was a few weeks ago and I hadn't anticipated this I can't really remember. But I did read somewhere that some were speculating from things they knew of the 100 electronics, that while if not this helo, that if things continued the same, that maybe future packed Aligns might go the HiTech route with the AFHSS 2.4GHz / PPM / PCM Compatible protocol I think it is called?

For some reason they were saying that not really just because they distribute them but because of some other electronic technical reason they felt it might work best, but I apologize that I can't look that up.

But at any rate, while I know there are a huge amount that would want a BNF to DSM2, I think it would be crazy for Align to get in bed with Horizon that deeply as they just are too controlling to their own benefit.

Basically Align and Horizon are two completely different companies and do things and especially behind the scenes in two completely different ways and especially if indeed Align is looking to get into the mini and micro worlds, while this may at first seem they beneficial way to go, in the long run to commit to Horizon in the way they would have to, to go DSM2, this would just be a completely contrary to them thing for to do as it just would never work out to Aligns best over all benefit.

Align never was like and never needed Horizon before Horizon was here. And despite all Horizon has gained, Align has not become them or needed them since they've been here. And hopefully with never become like them or need them in the future. So why risk changing all that by painting themselves into a corner by going DSM2?
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It is not bad at all, it is just hyper sensitive to setup.

That said you are compairing the 3G to much much higher dollar systems, such as the V-Bar, SK720, and even the beast X.

In any case the trex 100 is not going to have a 3G system like they ship with the larger helicopters... it likely will be an all in one just like the walkera/eflite systems.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

My guess is that parts will not be any cheaper on the Trex100 3G - probably more, especially with the metal head and CF blades. .

Oh I don't know about that... considering the mCPx's parts are as much, and more in most cases than Trex 250 parts ( for example the mCPx's plaste blade grips are more than the TREX 250's metal grips.).. I honestly expect the 100's parts to be cheaper than the 250's... which will make them quite a bit cheaper.

Quote:

Eh... it doesn't really matter for a helicopter this small. If the included TX is pretty good and programable, I don't care. Besides it looks like it will bind to FASST, which is a HUGE win. Much better than DSM2 IMHO.

They can be late, that is fine with me. Not like owning other micro CP's is stopping me from buying an mCPX....

Quote:
I'm still leaning towards the mCP X, although the head does look cool on the Trex100 3G.

I pick the mCP X as the winner.

PS - Those images are definitely 3d mock ups vs photos.
I will still buy both, but picking a winner is a little premature, I'll wait until i fly both of them before I'll decide if one wins out over the other.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in