Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Don't hesitate the 250 is great!!

I was wanting one real bad but then read all of the tail stories on the forums, and was hesitating. Well I pulled the trigger and got the super combo. It's Awesome. Exactly what I wanted. This is the new batch of kits and everything works great. Dialed my gain right in just like my 500!!

I'm running all the stock stuff, square blades tail & main TP 910 prolite pack. Pack fits perfect and balances great.

I wanted this heli to fly in front of my house. I live in a regular neighborhood with house's lining the streets. I just took this heli for a 3 min break-in flight and was doing huge stall turns up and down the block right away!. I think it needs the 16t so I will swap and let you guys know! Can't wait for the carbon blades.
str8huckin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

BTW the ds 420 tail servo was cold to the touch after 3 mins and i'd say its about 65 out.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did your kit have the new style hub and t/r bearings?

thx,
Rick
s76 mech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yep
Old 12-08-2008, 12:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, it is an awesome heli! I had a few problems, then I had lots of problems... But I would like to see the difference in one of the new kits. Maybe I'll have to buy another just to find out! LOL
DesertClimber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2008, 02:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertClimber View Post
Yes, it is an awesome heli! I had a few problems, then I had lots of problems... But I would like to see the difference in one of the new kits. Maybe I'll have to buy another just to find out! LOL
Looks like we just need the new tail hub and not the whole new kit... but could always come in handy for spares hehe.
JeromeF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2008, 06:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Exclamation

Glad to hear it! the 16 tooth and CF blades really wake this bird up!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to tell you i just got mine flying with the original tail hub turned down by .005 for clearance and tightened the orig. tail hub bearings and she works great!! very stable. i can not believe a heli this size can be this stable. but the head speed is scary, but that is probley the reason for the great stability-and of course the well designed head. i build and repair alot of helis in my area and i have to say this is one great heli. well done Align.
i built the combo kit and after flying for 5 minutes there is nothing hot-including the align tail servo. i am flying the tp 1320 pack it is heavy but seems to work very well- i am waiting for my outrage pack.

just my 2 cents
Marke
marke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2008, 11:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

this si the most frustraing heli I have ever worked with...i hate it
asdf1234 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

ill take it its amazing people given so much in their life (doesnt matter if you worked for it) they complain about what they have. meanwhile anyone in a 3rd world country would kill to have breakfast. culture shock. i hate this. when ppl complain when they have something others dont. the problem is fixed, so shut up and get workin on makin your lemons into lemonade. seriously, you have no idea. go to Africa and come back. then youll be looking at your heli like "hell, it aint so bad." i dont even want to know how old you are, because if your over the age of 12 then man youd better wake up. and my intention isnt to piss you off, but its amazing what people say when they have something that is definately not an essential. you can be happy with it, just make sure you arent taking it for granted. there r ppl in far worse situations. thank you
heliaddict22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 12:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

oh and dont hesitate to ban me. but id be surprised, because its amazing what others do to push aside truth. hopefully i was one of those ppl that shows you actual life, then you care about it a whole lot more. i hope you make the right decision!
heliaddict22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

yea, i'm gonna make some lemonande alright with this heli What i do is after the tail lets loose and it crashes i sit it on the shelf and fly a real heli, gaui200
blahblah9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah9 View Post
yea, i'm gonna make some lemonande alright with this heli What i do is after the tail lets loose and it crashes i sit it on the shelf and fly a real heli, gaui200
Yeah, makes perfect sence. Use it as a paperweight until you can afford the 6$ upgrade thats needed to make it fly...
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have an original tail and have flown (flown in the loosest sense) I can hover thats about it. I guess people only have tail problems if they are doing anything other than hovering? I'm still learning as this is my first CP heli. I got a bit sassy and tried to do a piro to practice nose in hovering. I guess the 250 doesn't rotate like the blade CX or MCX. Before I knew it, it was about 30ft in the air and over my house facing the 'wrong' way. At least I turned it around and got it back to hovering bout 7 feet off the ground again.

I'm sure I need tons more practice and know I still need help setting up my tail and gyro correctly, but so far this has been the coolest little thing I've played with in a while.
rickyg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felborn View Post
Yeah, makes perfect sence. Use it as a paperweight until you can afford the 6$ upgrade thats needed to make it fly...
i might could afford the $6 part if align didn't screw me on paying all the extra money on the super combo for a crappy gyro and tail servo but it does make a pretty paper weight i suppose
blahblah9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah9 View Post
i might could afford the $6 part if align didn't screw me on paying all the extra money on the super combo for a crappy gyro and tail servo but it does make a pretty paper weight i suppose
So I guess your ended up not selling it afterall then? Just so you had a good excuse to keep posting your worthless post here on the 250 forums, or do you plan to ever fix and fly it?
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blahblah9 I can understand your frustration with the tail, but Align did get on the problem and have a fix for it fast. That gaui gave me and a lot of people I know problems with the tail and having tail shafts bend in flight even now. I don't get why you don't want to try the fix that could potentially fix it. I don't think the align Gyro is a waste has been good for everything I can throw at it .
jujiro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 10:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So I guess your ended up not selling it afterall then? Just so you had a good excuse to keep posting your worthless post here on the 250 forums
I couldnt agree more... I would love to see what he would have thought about his little gaui when it frist was released.

There is alot to be said about this class, It smaler and cheaper than our bigger helis, So I think we are seeing alot of younger people able to afford them or talking their mom and dad into buying it for them.

I find it funny that people ***** about an issue and then dont get a $6 part! I find it funny when people get into a hobby like this and dont have enough money to support their habbit, it's not a cheap hobby and you must have the monney to support it.. Or you will always be pissed.

It's like getting into golf and cant afford to pay the course fees?!!!

If your going to sell it, please do us all the fav and Git-R-Done!!!
blade strike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

even the stock gyro and servo hold the tail pretty well with the new hub and bearings.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
That's not going to fix the problem for everyone. I guarantee that.

I went to put a new hub & 2mm bearings on the second heli, and guess what? One grip locked up SOLID with even the slightest tension on the bolt with the single 2mm bearing. I swapped bearings, bolts and tried the other side of the hub, too. Turns out there is just an ever so tiny difference in the distance from the bearing seat to the end of one of my grips, letting the shoulder lock up. Weird it didn't lock up with the smaller bearings, but I think there was too much slop to notice.

So... I corrected this one by myself without problems, but I wonder how many others are going to get the new hub and still have issues? Or even a new heli for that matter? I hope it was just a fluke.
DesertClimber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in