Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130X V2

So who is waiting for the V2?
Who wishes they waited for the V2?
wrong way is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

No need to wait, I have over 200 flights on my two 130Xs which both fly amazingly well.
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 01:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrong way View Post
So who is waiting for the V2?
Who wishes they waited for the V2?
Not me... Unless alleged v2 comes with an outrunner, stouter blade grips (read: grip balls), MUCH better bearings, and a decent pitch slider, IMO nothing is lost at this point...
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 03:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just replace the tail bearings and maybe get a metal A gear and you should be set.
youturnjason is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 03:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

With some research and a small amount of work invested, I have a V2. I'm definitely glad I'm not waiting for an offiically released one.
720Jeff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 04:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by youturnjason View Post
Just replace the tail bearings and maybe get a metal A gear and you should be set.
+1 just what I did, flys like a dream

Grtz Rudi

retired Trex 450 pro 3GX, MCPx, 130x
kmkflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 04:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

But in all fairness to consumers we deserve a V2. I like mine, but it should fly without me (us) having to do all these mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RCHN #15

PauloG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree. I am yet to fly a blade heli that out of the box doesnt buzz/vibrate and wobble.
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Why

Why wait.

Everything improved on the Mcpx V2 the hobbyist had already fixed. The big change was the 3 axis gyro which many will argue that the V1 board was better. The V1 board is much better for brushless.

We will have all the bugs worked out have having fun while some wait.

Jump in and join us!
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12bn View Post
Why wait.

Everything improved on the Mcpx V2 the hobbyist had already fixed. The big change was the 3 axis gyro which many will argue that the V1 board was better. The V1 board is much better for brushless.

We will have all the bugs worked out have having fun while some wait.

Jump in and join us!
Absolutely! At first, I was not very hapy with my 130 and I posted a thread about my displeasure.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=432470

But with a lot of help from this forum, a little tinkering, lots of cussing, a few added bucks in parts and some patience, I have a heli that is a blast to fly!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, it's been a while since I've read about this bird. Can I ask what you all have done to make it a better heli?
Bearings in tail. And a metal gear and no more problems?
To the OP, I would ALMOST wait, but if a few bearings and a metal gear is all that's needed.... If there is a link to all the mods, That would be great!
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Those things plus balance your tail blades (solves 90% of other issues) and better orings on swash and head links. I have two and both are fying great and most times in a crash i pick it up and keep flying. Love this little heli.

Tom
stang281472 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang281472 View Post
Those things plus balance your tail blades (solves 90% of other issues) and better orings on swash and head links. I have two and both are fying great and most times in a crash i pick it up and keep flying. Love this little heli.

Tom
+1. I found with upgraded bearings in the tail because it removed alot of the play in the shaft, unbalanced blades don't bother it nearly as much as they used to. It's nice being able to scrape the tail and not get crazy vibes
youturnjason is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wa soo mad when I bought mine and it blew a tail blade! After cooling down and reading more and more, It sounds like bearings and a metal A gear plus balanced blades of course, and this heli took a 180* turn?? That's not bad at all. I still want one . IDK why really, lol. ( I do have a 120), (walkera). I guess that's why! I will give it another shot if bearings and a metal gear solves the issues it had. Sounds like allot a good reviews after those mods.... Right on..
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ill be waiting for a v2... I wont pluck down 300 bucks just to have to mod it right away to fly right. My b450, 450x, mcpx ect all flew great out of the box with no mods being done. Thats like saying, ya that reliant robin is a sweet car just replace the interior and swap another front wheel and bam it drives great! It should be right when i buy it not after i mod it...
Having the attitude of above(just mod it and its great) is why theyll keep shoving pos helis out the door without proper quality control or testing...
Old 08-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I say get one. See if you can spool it up at the LHS in front of the owner. If the gyro acts up say I don't want this one it is unsellable send it back to HH. Keep going until you find one with a good board. Then once you get it home pay close attention to the gearing. All my issues stem from these two problems. My gearing ran smooth like butter. My A gear screw backed out mid flight and caused a wobble that ate my gear. So put some CA on the end of that bugger!
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Balancing tail blades isnt really what i consider "modding" and most issues are happening as a result of the tail blades being out of balance and causing nasty harmonic through machine. And the oring mod is a $2 fix. For how well this little heli flys and crashes its well worth getting and not waiting for a V2
Old 08-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang281472 View Post
Balancing tail blades isnt really what i consider "modding" and most issues are happening as a result of the tail blades being out of balance and causing nasty harmonic through machine. And the oring mod is a $2 fix. For how well this little heli flys and crashes its well worth getting and not waiting for a V2
Sure if thats all it was... But thats not all... Read most the posts on here about it. More "modding" is required then that on a LOT of these birds.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey I say to all of you that want to wait for the V2 to come out wait on it. DO NOT GET V1. Because that will just free up and let me stock up on parts and batteries. Because I am loving the hell out of flying my 130X. Great little bird once its dailed in its awsome.
Gogupgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been reading this forum and i know problems people are having. Servos falling apart, servo wires coming off, tail wag issues, bearing failures etc. Bad vibration in heli will cause ALL of that. I have 2 and balancing tails on both and NONE of the issues have happened to me. I also work at a hobby shop doing heli setups and repairs and whenever we sell one i tell customer to balance tail blades before flying. If they are unsure bow to do it I do it for them and simce doing that have not had one complaint of any issues. Before that we did have a few back with issues mentioned.

If you would rather wait for V2 thats up to you. Personally i think you will be missing out on a great little heli.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in