Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location
Default Mines on the way!

Been chatting with Walkera over the last week. Seems they were unaware of Helifreak and myself. So after some great conversation with them they are sending me a Genius and 6 channel TX to do vids on. I am kind of excited really. As you all know I have really enjoyed my MCPx and now there is competition in town. I think size of heli has come of age now and the market should explode over the next few months.

So stay tuned.... I will be at the Helifreak Funfly all next week so it will probably be the week after before I get started with it.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Been chatting with Walkera over the last week. Seems they were unaware of Helifreak and myself. So after some great conversation with them they are sending me a Genius and 6 channel TX to do vids on. I am kind of excited really. As you all know I have really enjoyed my MCPx and now there is competition in town. I think size of heli has come of age now and the market should explode over the next few months.

So stay tuned.... I will be at the Helifreak Funfly all next week so it will probably be the week after before I get started with it.

Bob
Amazing that Walkera was not aware of either "you" or "Helifreak". Many of their distributors (Wow Hobbies, Club Heli, etc.) certainly are and routinely post there. Many of us have always wondered "if" Walkera routinely perused the Helifreak forum for feedback on their products. As such and since they "haven't", they've been missing out on a key aspect of their product development cycle............or what might have been. Better late than never though so perhaps you've clued 'em in on a great way for them to improve their products and sort out difficulties.
Mikey2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Finless, nice to see you're going to post some vids all the way down here!
Can't wait!
As far as Walkera, not knowing about Helifreak and yourself... "yeah right"!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by john aeras View Post
As far as Walkera, not knowing about Helifreak and yourself... "yeah right"!
Seriously, they did not know about HF or me. I am not going to show my private Emails with them but that’s how it started and I sent them a bunch of links to other videos I have done and so on. Now they know and in fact seemed excited about it.

I have been doing some studying up while waiting for it to arrive. They are sending a Devo 6 and looking at the radio and manual it looks neat for a 6 channel radio! I had no idea they were making radios that look this good for the price. So now I know Walkera has some really interesting new products since the last time I looked at one of their helis. Expect a full radio video set for it as well as the CP.

OK so here is my level of education as well. I heard about Wow hobbies before of course but I had no clue they were in Orange about 10 miles from me. I am going to see if I can make it to their show room today before 4:00 PM. I have to haul a trailer to a friend’s house for the Helifreak funfly coming up next week so if I have the time I will check out their place today.

Bob
Old 10-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Seriously, they did not know about HF or me. I am not going to show my private Emails with them but that’s how it started and I sent them a bunch of links to other videos I have done and so on. Now they know and in fact seemed excited about it.

I have been doing some studying up while waiting for it to arrive. They are sending a Devo 6 and looking at the radio and manual it looks neat for a 6 channel radio! I had no idea they were making radios that look this good for the price. So now I know Walkera has some really interesting new products since the last time I looked at one of their helis. Expect a full radio video set for it as well as the CP.

OK so here is my level of education as well. I heard about Wow hobbies before of course but I had no clue they were in Orange about 10 miles from me. I am going to see if I can make it to their show room today before 4:00 PM. I have to haul a trailer to a friend’s house for the Helifreak funfly coming up next week so if I have the time I will check out their place today.

Bob
They may not know about helifreak but I will bet they read rcgroups Walkera threads because of Wow & DK p.s. I will be at the fun fly next Saturday. I love my BL Genius CP from Wow. Enjoy your Genius CP have fun Vronny
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm really looking forward to your feedback, mods and tips Finless. I just got one of these little Helis from WoW myself.
pmerritt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 03:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
I'm really looking forward to your feedback, mods and tips Finless.
+1
Couchking is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just ordered the Genius with the Devo 6 as well,so I am excited to see what you think Bob! I hope the small size of the Devo 6 radio turns out to be comfortable to use.

Jeff
Old 10-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

My Genius arrived yesterday. Wow the Devo 6 is sure a small radio! Love the touch screen though. I will say it seems like a far better radio than the DX4e I got with the MCPx!

Now since I am involved with running the Helifreak Fun fly all this week, I wont get a chance to do any vids until mid next week. But I got it and cant wait to try it out.

Bob
Old 10-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Bob. Can't believe Walkera did not know about you and HF. I know they have a dedicated someone monitoring the threads on RCG's. So, I find it a bit surprising they did not know. LOL. You are going to the funfly in Palomar I assume. Maybe see you there. Glad you are getting a chance to test this little heli.

Darryl (DK)
Darryl Fujihara is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Fujihara View Post
Hey Bob. Can't believe Walkera did not know about you and HF. I know they have a dedicated someone monitoring the threads on RCG's. So, I find it a bit surprising they did not know. LOL. You are going to the funfly in Palomar I assume. Maybe see you there. Glad you are getting a chance to test this little heli.

Darryl (DK)
Wow, cant think of such a chill job. Do they need more people for that?

Quote:

Bob

Did you stop by WOW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
That's not right that you are blaming yourself.. Call HH and see if they can send you some flying skills free.. And ask them to send me some also..
scar308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I did not have time to stop by Wow. WIll James is in town now for the funfly and we are going to try and go by there today after 10:00 Am when they open.

Bob
Old 10-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool. Too bad I cant go to the funfly, it would be cool to see everyone fly.

Finless if you can, can you see if walkera is willing to let us copy the models from tx to computer? That way we can have almost limitless model memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
That's not right that you are blaming yourself.. Call HH and see if they can send you some flying skills free.. And ask them to send me some also..
scar308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar308 View Post
Cool. Too bad I cant go to the funfly, it would be cool to see everyone fly.

Finless if you can, can you see if walkera is willing to let us copy the models from tx to computer? That way we can have almost limitless model memory.
Very good idea, plus it would allow us to share model settings easier and its a good safety net to have a off Tx backup copy of your settings.

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2011, 07:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default genius cp

where can i buy one of these in ontario and what is the best package to buy
any help would be aprecaited
heli tas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli tas View Post
There is www.rchelicopterselect.com you can also buy from China vendors helipal, hobby-wing, chinesejade these places usually ships fast . p.s. rc711.com . miracle-mart bought a v100d03 from receive 3 or 4 day EMS but I'm in US
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli tas View Post
As for package as usual walkera have just about every flavor you can think of BNF for both the 2801 and Devo radio's then :=

2801 package with 2801 Pro radio, its their older 8 channel radio and is comparable with their older models, but may be discontinued at a later date due to the new Devo platform.

Devo 6, 8 and 12 which are their new touchscreen radios, 6, 8 and 12 channels respectively - this is the new platform and is not backwards compatible with the older 2801 standard. Devo 6 I would regard more as a park flier with is small size and small atrial, not sure about overall range, Devo 8 like the 6 has a 12 model memory but has 8 rather than 4 switches so you can link more switchable functions, Devo 12 is just over the top 12 channels, 60 model memory, 16 switched, 5 modes etc, far more than most of us are likely to require.

Devo 7 very low price for a computerized radio but the user interface is quite poor it reminds me of my old futaba 6EX with just 2 rows of print that you have yo skip up and down to make selections, it has a 15 model memory.

All the Devo range use ball baring gimbals and have the ability to link to the computer to load updates to firmware.

I hope this quick overview helps.....

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

VIdeos are going up!

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=347970

Bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in