Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #541 (permalink)
Registered Users

one of the new dudes at the local field has HAD a 550 with a helicommand. Saturday last weekend he got disoriented and hit the bail out switch. it saved the heli from a little crash. but it was windy. the wind was to his back and pushing the heli away.

and He was still disorientated, he didn't know that is was pointed nose in.. he then flew the helicopter further away. by the time he realized, it was too far away. he tried to hand the radio to another pilot. but then the heli just dropped from sight in BFE. gone forever.
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #542 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

good luck
Old 06-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #543 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by el guapo View Post
one of the new dudes at the local field has HAD a 550 with a helicommand. Saturday last weekend he got disoriented and hit the bail out switch. it saved the heli from a little crash. but it was windy. the wind was to his back and pushing the heli away.

and He was still disorientated, he didn't know that is was pointed nose in.. he then flew the helicopter further away. by the time he realized, it was too far away. he tried to hand the radio to another pilot. but then the heli just dropped from sight in BFE. gone forever.
Not exactly the helicommands fault, nor is it something this unit can prevent. Once GPS is added then you will be able to have auto-return-to-base but until then...
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #544 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstalker View Post
Not exactly the helicommands fault, nor is it something this unit can prevent. Once GPS is added then you will be able to have auto-return-to-base but until then...
He lost his 550 off the California coast last Saturday. What's the ETA to Sydney?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #545 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
He's an engineer to the bone who designs and builds his own helis, so I doubt any of us here will ever come close to his experience as far as construction of the helis goes.
I am willing to gamble over 10% of this forum is populated by engineers, being a engineer doesn't make you special in this hobby. I as well as many of the so called "3D jocks" are more inclined to modify a heli to improve performance than strap on a longer boom then you would imagine. If you spent time among the 3D crowd that you folks seem to despise you could appreciated the level of modding many of us have to do to keep helis together under extreme flight performance.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #546 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
I am willing to gamble over 10% of this forum is populated by engineers, being a engineer doesn't make you special in this hobby. I as well as many of the so called "3D jocks" are more inclined to modify a heli to improve performance than strap on a longer boom then you would imagine. If you spent time among the 3D crowd that you folks seem to despise you could appreciated the level of modding many of us have to do to keep helis together under extreme flight performance.
Fair point on engineers and 3D jocks. Wholeheartedly disagreeing on despised, though, never. It's a difficult to describe feeling, mainly admiration with some desperation mixed in coming from underlining conviction that heli demigods don't understand the needs of the mere mortals...
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #547 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just ordered my Copilot 2 and await the release of hard deck. This might be the turning point I need.
MichiganFlyer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #548 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
1. these guys should be on a buddy box.
2. they need to know when to hit throttle hold to cut their losses.
3. learning how to crash "safely" is important.
Lynx
Old 06-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #549 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
All true, not sure of the relevance to my post about the Helicommand?
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #550 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
you said its not exactly the helicomand's fault. I agree. it is the pilots fault.

thus..

just like the good old days.
Lynx
Old 06-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #551 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 06-05-2012, 02:40 AM   #552 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

Not the helicommands fault. BTW I know one guy you had a very similar issue. The heli dropped down far away and lucky did not hit anyone. Sure GPS could have brought it back as long as there is enough fuel. However this does proof that it does add blind trust into the unit ( it will bail me out) but in real it still requires some skills to fly and basics should not be skipped. Its the unfortunate site effect of those gadgets.
im4711 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 02:52 AM   #553 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
The relevance is easy. As great as all these gadgets are they lead some pilots to take short cuts. They will help the responsible once but the others will be more then happy to get it up and try since hey ... Who needs to learn hover nose in or fly circuits, figure eights ....?
They will simply trust the system will take care of all mistakes and ups they still loose orientation and now run out of fuel or something breaks and it might hit someone.

Its not fault of the units its the user. Thats what some are affrait about. Not learning orientations and not learning how to bail out butnjust have fun in thebair and ups... It ends up over peoples head and ups whynis the tail spinning and .......

The tools are cool as long as they are used right.
im4711 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 03:06 AM   #554 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4711 View Post
The relevance is easy. As great as all these gadgets are they lead some pilots to take short cuts. They will help the responsible once but the others will be more then happy to get it up and try since hey ... Who needs to learn hover nose in or fly circuits, figure eights ....?
They will simply trust the system will take care of all mistakes and ups they still loose orientation and now run out of fuel or something breaks and it might hit someone.

Its not fault of the units its the user. Thats what some are affrait about. Not learning orientations and not learning how to bail out butnjust have fun in thebair and ups... It ends up over peoples head and ups whynis the tail spinning and .......

The tools are cool as long as they are used right.
+1

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 03:16 AM   #555 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
To address this then get back on topic

Not quite sure what your idea of modding a helicopter is....

"I as well as many of the so called "3D jocks" are more inclined to modify a heli to improve performance than strap on a longer boom then you would imagine"

But when was the last time you or your "3D jocks" jumped on a Bridgeport or lathe to create parts you needed that could not be bought to mod a machine up?

As to flight performance...

And she has the performance to fly @ 42lbs AUW. which I would consider "extreme"

Concerning my "longer boom"...

It was required in order to manufacture the offset stacked tail assembly that is now mounted.

Lets get something clear here..

"If you spent time among the 3D crowd that you folks seem to despise you could appreciated the level of modding many of us have to do to keep helis together under extreme flight performance"

At no time during thread has anyone said, implied or inferred a derogatory remark to any pilot be they 3D or otherwise...
So please do not plant that thought or idea here.

That being said.. back to our regularly scheduled program.

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #556 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotto View Post
I hate this new thing... but only because it will allow newbies to progress much faster than I did
I can't help thinking that is the real basis for most of the objections raised in this thread!!!
Airsporter1st is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #557 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
sorry if this has been asked and answered, but i cant bring myself to read threw every page. i have read enough to know i can asign this to a switch on my TX to turn on and off. could be use kinda like a TH switch ? what i mean is fly with it off, and if(sorry, WHEN ) i get in trouble could i flip this switch on and have it save me and bring me up to 50 ft ? maybe use this instead of flipping TH on and watching it go in.
No. Once it is below 50 feet it will continue to Earth...but level.lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
At no time during thread has anyone said, implied or inferred a derogatory remark to any pilot be they 3D or otherwise...

You and the other tester have practically called anyone disagreeing with you stupid and/or irrelevant. Quite a few times.....In the thread,emails and PM's.

It's a product review.
EXPECT negative comments. Deal with it or don't read them.

I started in this thread talking about what an impressive piece of tech this is with a couple minor issues that would need fixed before I was interested.

That is still true but the way it's being presented and the people presenting it makes me think the company is a bunch of jerks that will never care about my issues and customer service would be nil.

I know claims are made that they don't represent the company BUT THEY DO...They were given the unit to try and brag on to folks online and friends around the field....That is called representing a product....The company presents you with a product and you represent it to the public.
McKrackin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #558 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKrackin View Post
I know claims are made that they don't represent the company BUT THEY DO...They were given the unit to try and brag on to folks online and friends around the field....That is called representing a product....The company presents you with a product and you represent it to the public.
I don't agree with all your post, but I do agree on this. +1

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 05:21 AM   #559 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmaster Pilot View Post
I don't agree with all your post, but I do agree on this. +1
I don't agree with all my posts either.lol...

There's really nothing left to say.
I'm not interested in the product as is and no criticism will be entertained so...it is what it is.

Too bad really.
McKrackin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #560 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
No. Once it is below 50 feet it will continue to Earth...but level.lol....

You and the other tester have actually called anyone disagreeing with you stupid and/or irrelevant. Quite a few times.....In the thread,emails and PM's.
Quote:

"I'm an engineer. You're not. You have no idea. You don't have one so you can't comment. I'm on fire. Put me out. Me me me".

It's a product review.

EXPECT negative comments. Deal with it or don't read them.

I started in this thread talking about what an impressive piece of tech this is with a couple minor issues that would need fixed before I was interested.

That is still true but the way it's being presented and the people presenting it makes me think the company is a bunch of jerks that will never care about my issues and customer service would be nil.

Since it has been made clear to me that I am too stupid to understand the unit,I won't get one.

I also strongly recommend that NO non-engineer waste any money on such a complex piece of.....tech.

Mckrackin,
You have an innate issue to selectively quote a person to try to get your point across..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr

You and the other tester have actually called anyone disagreeing with you stupid and/or irrelevant. Quite a few times.....In the thread,emails and PM's.

You might try putting the complete quote so that other may see what it is your trying to do. or does it not suit your agenda to attempt to discredit this platform.

Now to see the quote in it's correct placement

"If you spent time among the 3D crowd that you folks seem to despise you could appreciated the level of modding many of us have to do to keep helis together under extreme flight performance"

Your objection on the way the system operates has been heard..
If you believe these selective quoting tactics could further your cause.. to try to show others that your an expert on something you know nothing about..please feel free to do so.

You only prove that your childish action are even less creditable in giving creditable advise.

You may stump around whine and complain as much as you like..

I actually find it quite amusing to see how you twist things around to suit yourself.

It has been said before and I will repeat it if you missed it (which you seem to do)

The platform was designed as a training tool for beginners and pilots who would like to try new moves.

The deck 3D smack flyers will not need such a unit nor was it intended as such

Now feel free to toss your next jab at me or the unit.. you proved no challenge to me or the HD platform.
But I do need the practice in dealing with the likes of you, I haven't needed or used these skills since grade school.

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in