Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #41 (permalink)
BD Forum Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
I used wd40 a few times for the first 20 flights then stopped lubricating my gear. After 100 plus flights it's holding up well. I never cleaned it off. The pinion had worn in a bit but doesn't look worn out.
All the teeth on the pinion are half the width as it used to be.
popokatepetl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ran mine with a drill for 15 minutes, soaked with wd40. Took it off and washed with dish soap. Now I got Triflow put on with a rag. I will report back with results.
suomelainen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used superlube grease on 1st flight. Cleaned it all out. Applied a new but of grease cleaned it out again next pack. Did that for 4 packs and ran dry from then on.

The wd40 scared me too much. Everything looks great for me. But may not be good for others. *shrugs*

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My theory is that no matter what grease, lube, or method used it will still eat the pinion and main gear. Simply being sacrificial wear and result in inevitable replacement! But hey I could be wrong.....

The only thing that I think could change is how long before you replace those two whether its 50 or 100 flights. Great flying bird, but it can't beat my 700e as far as reliability and low cost maintenance! But the Goblin sure does waste my money in style I'll give it that!
Old 05-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

so you say your 700e moves around as fast as your goblin and last 300 flights without maintenance ? I smell some doo doo here.

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All I change is dampers and some bearings(every 100 or so flights). Mind you... I have kde upgrades, quick uk, dfc head, and top notch electronics.... Etc. In the end both the goblin and 700e(Upgrades included) were a grand for the kit alone. So simple math rules in favor for the 700e as far as "reliability" and "maintenance". But I won't be happy not owning a goblin(Gorgeous bird). Btw I don't think I ever said the number 300 in any previous post.

And both birds with 4530 quantum at 2250 headspeed and 13.5 pitch move rediculously fast! Atleast with my experience...
Old 05-21-2012, 02:23 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I first thought meh mine is fine, no wear, after 39 flights upon close inspection the metal pinion had worn too much for my liking! Half its tooth width
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 05:08 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

There has been serveral reports of folks getting very short number of flights using triflow, and other lubes like this... It continues to cut the gear and wears the gear down very quickly.. It is listed somewhere here in the sab thread... Maybe someone can help us find it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suomelainen View Post
Ran mine with a drill for 15 minutes, soaked with wd40. Took it off and washed with dish soap. Now I got Triflow put on with a rag. I will report back with results.
Alignnitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used tri flow on first go around. Ate the pinion down in 20 or so flights, sludge everywhere. Changed both out but kept them. New set used wd40, a good bit sprayed on both. Crap everywhere and cleaned it off with q tips. Now I still get dust but very little after a full day. I do have a little backlash but not too much to change again. I have bolted up a brand new pinion on the first main gear and the mesh was almost perfect and I'll use that setup next with no lube. I am going to try to loosen my motor belt a little also as I did give it an extra little pull. I'll be checking my motor shaft and bearing also while doing this. My stock canopy is covered with crap inside trying to figure the best solution. I'm just confused on how the plastic gear lasts longer than the pinion. They did design this thing to run the 19 tooth pinion Just a thought It's my favorite flying bird but this will get expensive with replacing all the suggested parts every 100 flights at a price of $110. Ill do that every month the way I fly
Old 05-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCollister911 View Post
It's my favorite flying bird but this will get expensive with replacing all the suggested parts every 100 flights at a price of $110. Ill do that every month the way I fly
+1!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know it was previously posted that someone had 150 flights and Im pretty sure his findings were almost all suggested pars to be changed were still looking good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Tmiedema4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmiedema4 View Post
I know it was previously posted that someone had 150 flights and Im pretty sure his findings were almost all suggested pars to be changed were still looking good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
It's all about how hard you fly it! The harder its flown the faster a repair is needed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in