Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > X5

X5 Discussion and support of the Gaui X5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default It had to happen......

So I crashed my beautiful X5 good and proper! Been reluctant to post this as it has depressed me considerably.

Got cocky and put the bird into a low loop and had complete and utter brain fade! She was upside down and headed straight for me, like a total noob I gave it full positive instead of negative and the X5 hit the deck. Completely obliterated the main blades.

For those of you that had concern regarding the strength of the CF frame, well you need not worry, it held up real good. Not a single crack or mark.
Fortunately for me I installed the new battery fence pre crash, that thing is worth it's weight in gold, as it saved the motor when one of the battery straps broke on impact.

Crash damage, lots!!!!! £325.00

Canopy and main blades being the most expensive then swash and blade grips coming in at a close third and fourth, boom, torque tube, main gear, tail blades, skids, landing brace, canopy posts, boom supports etc etc etc........(no damage to electronics)

Oh well at least I can rebuild and fit the new FES head and BeastX.

Just waiting for all the parts to arrive. Damn it sucks to be me!

G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear that, hope you will have it up in the air soon.
Dr Daniel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Get back in to the saddle and try again. Though I must admit, 325 quid in damages sure hurts.
mjbrands is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ouch, Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it flying soon again. The "hurting" part is the money for the repair and going through with all the set-up and everything. Looks like almost a complete rebuild. Keep us posted with your new project.

Nice to know that the frame can handle a crash and the battery fence is a must have in the X5. I need to order one.

BTW. How many flights with your X5 before this crash?

- Joel
what-d-heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2010, 02:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

what's the battery fence? where do you get it?
P.I.Engineer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2010, 06:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Joel, only 7 flights bud, was really enjoying it, making huge amounts of progress, until this mishap.

I think empire hobby have the battery fence in stock, got mine from infinity hobby though, as I already have an account with them.

G

Old 09-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

G, bud, really sorry to hear mate Sounds like she went in hard.
I know it's hard not to, but please try to not let it take the wind out the sales too much.
You were making great progress and speedhumps like this can make us take a few steps back and pull the fire so to speak.

On the upside,, hey atleast you were trying things. I know alot that have been flying for years and won't even think about anything but hovering.

There will be more oops moments(gravity is a pain) but there will be many more "yes" moments. Hope you get her up in the air soon.

Vas
torana74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks fellas, it takes alot to keep me down! ; )

Already working the sim, doing inverted circuits, flying inverted is the same stick inputs as backward flight, so not really that difficult once you get your pip around it. ; p

G

Old 09-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-bru View Post
Joel, only 7 flights bud, was really enjoying it, making huge amounts of progress, until this mishap.

I think empire hobby have the battery fence in stock, got mine from infinity hobby though, as I already have an account with them.

G

Quote:
Originally Posted by torana74 View Post
G, bud, really sorry to hear mate Sounds like she went in hard.
I know it's hard not to, but please try to not let it take the wind out the sales too much.
You were making great progress and speedhumps like this can make us take a few steps back and pull the fire so to speak.

On the upside,, hey atleast you were trying things. I know alot that have been flying for years and won't even think about anything but hovering.

There will be more oops moments(gravity is a pain) but there will be many more "yes" moments. Hope you get her up in the air soon.

Vas
That is my biggest problem. I am SCARED doing "new" stuff on my X5 and T-Rex 500. They are flying so nicely without any problems that I don't want to ruin their set-up. I hope I will have the guts to do new stuff someday. Just flying around gets boring sometimes.

On the other hand, my T-Rex 450 Pro is my "beater" heli where I do stuff. I can't remember how many times I plunged that mini to the ground . My last one was trying my first inverted, brain fart! lol.

Just build and fly again G. And as Vas mentioned...it will be a YES moment .

- Joel
what-d-heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2010, 06:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Joel, totally agree on the having a beater heli but for me it's worked opposite. My beater has been the most reliable,most unstacked heli ever.. My nice ,baby, precious 12S has gone in more time than i care to remember. Not sure if it's a mindset thing were you end up caring too much and therefore not fly as relaxed as with the beater.

Now i just resign myself to the... it's going in theory. I hope it doesn't but know at some point the laws of nature will win. Aslong as we pick ourselves up and get back on the bike... yes with a few scars to reminds us

Main thing is don't rush and do things when YOU are ready, be that today, tomorrow, next month, next year etc. It doesn't matter as everyone's pace is different. That's why each step always feels so great.

Vas
torana74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in