Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How fast is the MSRX?

Yesterday was the first time that I have really been able to enjoy the MSRX outdoors in 0-3mph wind conditions.I was able to fly 32 battery packs .....broke one main blade....had a spare flight 32 broke landing gear clean off......fun.

Anyways I was experimenting with going super high almost to the point that I couldnt see the lil heli and gave full forward flugh diving at different angles and pullimg up when I was about 15 ft from the ground.....hence broken lg.

Does anyone think I am being overly optomistic when I say that it appears that the Msrx can easily hit 45mph in a forward flight dive and climb out of it. What are your estimated speeds out of your msrx?
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a similar outdoor experience yesterday and was amazed at how quick the little guy is. I don't know about 45 mph, but it was fast!
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric66 View Post
I had a similar outdoor experience yesterday and was amazed at how quick the little guy is. I don't know about 45 mph, but it was fast!
Ric66 what swash are you running? I found the rkh definitely gives it much faster forward flight and quicker responsiveness all around.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just rebuilt my msrx with all RKH parts... frame, swash, everything except the lg and tail motor mount. I will say it runs much quieter with the RKH stuff... not sure why.

Anyway, I noticed the RKH swash appears to have really short swash ball links to connect to the rotor head. Can you get longer ball links for the RKH swash??

I just hovered it a bit tonight to check out the drift and I did notice I picked up a slight wobble after the rebuild. I was going to check the blade balance tomorrow as I put new red blades on the head.
$$$ + Heli Hobby =
Dont155 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im not sure but honestly why? I find the rkh swash to be way more responsive than the stock on the long balls personally for me any extra throw would be insanely hard to control...its as responsive as I would ever want to make it...maybe due to my dx6i settings as well? Using the settings in john salts ebook with all switches flipped.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was just curious since I see extra holes in the swash where you could presumably add more link balls. Honestly i haven't tried to put it through the paces yet, I just wanted to check out the handling tonight to see if I needed to readjust the links.

Anyway, it seems stable enough as it is right now minus that annoying wobble. I'm almost sure that will be blade balance as I just cleaned the servos while i had it apart.
$$$ + Heli Hobby =
Old 04-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhelicrasher View Post
Ric66 what swash are you running? I found the rkh definitely gives it much faster forward flight and quicker responsiveness all around.
I'm totally stock. Only thing I have done is the MM mod and colored blades. Would you recommend the RKH swash?
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Be sure to double check all the screws on the rhk frame as well. I was getting tail wag and I couldnt figure out why...turns out the little delrin skid holder/canopy mount in the front was loose and was causing the canopy to move quite a bit introducing tail wobble to the rear.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric66 View Post
I'm totally stock. Only thing I have done is the MM mod and colored blades. Would you recommend the RKH swash?
Yes! The rhk swash is a definite performance upgrade....i can actually fly in low-moderate wimds now where the stock would have had no forward motion in similar wind conditions.

Edit: i also recommend the blade grips....unless you just like replacing them everytime you crash.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Be sure to double check all the screws on the rhk frame as well. I was getting tail wag and I couldnt figure out why...turns out the little delrin skid holder/canopy mount in the front was loose and was causing the canopy to move quite a bit introducing tail wobble to the rear.
Thanks for the tip! I didn't think to tighten all the screws that were already in there... might help if I did that. DoH!

$$$ + Heli Hobby =
Old 04-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yesterday was the first time that I have really been able to enjoy the MSRX outdoors in 0-3mph wind conditions.I was able to fly 32 battery packs .....broke one main blade....had a spare flight 32 broke landing gear clean off......fun.

Anyways I was experimenting with going super high almost to the point that I couldnt see the lil heli and gave full forward flugh diving at different angles and pullimg up when I was about 15 ft from the ground.....hence broken lg.

Does anyone think I am being overly optomistic when I say that it appears that the Msrx can easily hit 45mph in a forward flight dive and climb out of it. What are your estimated speeds out of your msrx?
Sounds like you had a blast with it crasher ! i am still waiting to get both the time and weather to take it outside. All I have been able to do is hover, hover , and then some more hovering ! Well I am now doing some slow piro's , left and right but this thing wont know how to act if it ever does get to do some FFF !
Old 04-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRHS View Post
Sounds like you had a blast with it crasher ! i am still waiting to get both the time and weather to take it outside. All I have been able to do is hover, hover , and then some more hovering ! Well I am now doing some slow piro's , left and right but this thing wont know how to act if it ever does get to do some FFF !
Hovering practice indoors is going to come in handy as you learn to let her rip outside. I am now able to take off from a table under my awning on my rv do a 90 degree left hand turn and fly out to my flying area before climbing up to 60-75 ft where i do most of my fff flyings as it gi es me plenty of time to make recovery moves when I start getting wonky in flight. i only had to intentionally crash it a couple of times to avoid hitting a tree or landing on someones roof. But it did always end up within a few feet of my target lz...even if it was on its head when it happened....lol.

My last crash of the day was spectacular. I came screaming in at a 45 degree angle from aboit 150ft and almost recovered it as the tail avoided the pavement but the speed of the skids hitting ripped them right off at the delrin holdrrs on the rhk frame and the battery being attached to the skids bouncimg around caused the heli to do numerous sumersaults on the pavement...cracked canopy as well. Amazed that is the only damage.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Too bad crasher you didn't get that last crash on video......that would have been great to see although i hate to hear you had damage !
I can't wait until i can get out there and fly into trees and hit buildings and land on someones roof.....LOL I'm kinda getting tired of only hitting curtains, dust collectors, walls, doors, and the wife at times......lol
Old 04-10-2012, 12:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hah it was well worth the 4 bucks for some new skids...i can live with the canopy...she is no shelf queen and has plenty of grass stains and pavement scrapes on her now.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hah it was well worth the 4 bucks for some new skids...i can live with the canopy...she is no shelf queen and has plenty of grass stains and pavement scrapes on her now.
....LOL That just gives it character....lol
Old 04-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

What have I done??? I got you flying like a lunatic like me LOL.

To answer your original question 45MPH was my exact estimate doing the same STEEP dives as you. I was getting full vertical with the heli pulling itself to the ground along with the Newton's booster.

IN sustained level FFF I'm thinking closer to 20.

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think 45mph at a dive is possible, or at least close. The street I live on has a speed limit of 30mph and I FFF next to the road and keep up fairly well with traffic. That is at level FFF, so add in the dive and I think you may squeeze 15 more out of her.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 120 feels like a slow moving turd compared to the msrx but is still harder to fly to me. I was thinking of trying a 90 degree flybar when I build my 450 but now I am really believing flybarless is the way to go....but I have never flown a 90 degree flybar...but the 45 sucks on the 120...but doesnt bother me on my mcx2 ..i dunno.

Edit: the wife wants me to build an apache....i took that as the go ahead to begin buildimg and learning to fly a 450 that I will eventually do a scale apache fuse on..
Old 04-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hated my 120Sr also and sold it pretty fast....lol.
You have to remember that a 45 degree flybar on a coax is gonna be different then on a single rotor craft.
I just traded for a Blade SR that looks almost new and has a lot of extras with it.
I know they don't have a very good rep for flying, but i have always wanted to get one of those and the price was right !
I have been wanting to play around with one for a while and he is gonna give me a set of training gear. Is that anything like a training bra....lol
I think it has a 90 degree fly bar so i am very interested in seeing how it does. I know most complain about the tail waggle, but there is a lot of info on how to lessen that and actually make the SR a pretty good flyer. But man......I am way far from ready to tackle a bird like that right now. So I may just take it a part and go over it really well and learn as much as i can about it before i spin it up for the first time.
I traded my Walkera V120D01 for it.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

The good news is no matter which way that I choose i will end up with a 450 scale apache in my fleet....oh and a mcpx...ya know i need to train on the lil one before flying a 450 cp...lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in