Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #521 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay, but which cp2? There seem to be alot of different kits.
MichiganFlyer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #522 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My recommendation would be to go ahead and get your CP2 system set up now, so you get the setup thing out of the way. Set it up, trim and get the feel for what it does. Then when the HD is available, you'll flash the firmware, and be up and running very quickly havin done the bulk of the setup previously
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #523 (permalink)

Airplane video coming up with no "splicing".

As raw as it gets. Jack, you are going to owe me big on this. Should be going to bed to get up early and do "real airplane" stuff in the am. Actual aerospace work.

Sound like a big day of more flilming Sunday. Got an AP shoot Saturday.

Standby for airplane version video. Rendering now...

Bet 10 bux they say it's fake,
philipfrank is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #524 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Going to win over a heli crowd with an airplane vid ??
Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #525 (permalink)

Nope.

Just the no "splicing" part.

It works the same way on both. Heli, Plane, pick one and have fun. Do anything you want for free.

Wonder if they got this worked up when the flight simulator came out? What a crowd.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #526 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
So basically you wanted to create a thread that would let you talk about some product that will "revolutionize the hobby" yet not allow other's with possibly more experience in this hobby than yourself to offer up countering opinions ? You are still intent on censoring other HF members, be it with bullying or using some you don't own it so your opinion is invalid logic.

So far all I have seen is pilots who have been given early samples (you can claim independence and unbias but as soon as you are given anything that no longer applies). I actually have nothing against FMA's product, I rather like the path they are down. But I really think this thread has done a great job of casting a shadow over their product.

If anyone wants my opinion I'll offer this up. In it's current state of 50ft this product will have a very limited market. How many pilots will outgrow this product after they themself can easily recover from a 50ft high mistake ? let us face it 50ft is a LONG way up with alot of time to correct. Is a person better off with this product, the time it takes to learn to setup it up, the time involved in tuning and tweaking it, or would the time have been better spent asking a competent local pilot to buddy box them or just spending more time on the sim and flying to a level they are in complete control ? I hope that FMA can continue to develop this type of product that could some day drop that deck to 5-10ft and limit the area via some GPS scheme (hard cube ?).
Oh come on its only 7 floors up. What I want to know is when is this d copilot gonna get back with the saniches…

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #527 (permalink)
Registered Users

So combo 3 is what I need to start?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #528 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes combo 3 is what you want
AKPhill is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #529 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganFlyer View Post
So combo 3 is what I need to start?
Yes, combo 3 will be the one. You have the handheld IR programmer and the USB PC interface ready for Firmware Upgrade when HD is released.
ricoalonso is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #530 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Guys!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #531 (permalink)

Default Airplane Version

Airplane Version - Revolectrix Copilot II Hard Deck (4 min 20 sec)
Old 06-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #532 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default cp2

there are different combos to get all the same but with different amount of stuff included like vertical sensor or with IR net programmer or usb pc interface. the CP2 is the 4 channel set up you want you just have to decide how many extras you want.
http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/.../Co-Pilot-II_2 look here

Co Pilot II Go LED I would get this also
Old 06-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #533 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
Let me clarify a point or 2 here,
First being, if you believe you or any other here has the capability to upset me .. your quite and sorely mistaken.
Secondly....

Some seem to have all of these opinions, but you’ve never even personally seen HD operate. I have not only seen it, I’ve used it. So, if you think that you are so smart that you are better equipped to analyze how HD works never having touched it, then it would seem your agenda is to make me look dumb. I have used HD for 1000’s of recoveries. I have helped countless people in this forum set up FSU’s and become successful pilots. I am well versed in the latest technologies and I have a very good sense of how new pilots think and fly. To the average person reading this thread, your opinions and speculations should mean very little. Not because you are not smart, but because you have never seen HD work, and you have never used it. I have assured the readers of this thread over and over that HD works as said, I have used it, and the video is further proof. Proof is in the pudding, and hands on experience is everything. So many people seem to be trying to come up with all of these reasons to fear this new technology, to put it down and condemn it not even having seen it. Why? Because HD does something that has never before been achieved, and it’s hard to believe. But I can tell you, there is no reason for all of the fear and speculation. It works so well, that it will quickly become just another accepted piece of electronic hardware that many people will depend on in a very short time. It’s fun to speculate and to try to find holes in new technology, to doubt and to argue. Comments about how HD would do the reverse of what is intended and cause a new pilot to crash easier are pure speculation; based on nothing. It’s actually very easy to learn the rules of HD recovery and in time this will be very clear to the masses. Soon, once hundreds or thousands of units are in the air saving new pilots every day, all of the mystique surrounding it will go away. People will see, it just plain works. So what if a newbie has to fly a little higher than he thought he wanted to? Why is that the end of the world? Learning complex 3D should be done from a higher altitude, unless you’re the type who likes to eat dirt and rebuild all the time. Once it starts saving them hundreds of $ a pop, they’re likely not going to worry about if they’re flying at 50 feet or 30 feet. They’re just going to enjoy this new technology and let the rest of you guys fight about why they shouldn’t use it. And as for comparing CPII HD to any standard form of FSU (CPII alone or HC, etc), it’s like comparing apples to oranges. There are many good FSU’s out there, but if you have to worry about centering a stick or flipping a switch to stabilize the model, it’s nothing like HD. When a new pilot gets into trouble, thinking is what gets him deeper into trouble. HD takes all thought out of recovery. It’s like an automatic do over! As long as it works reliably (meaning every time), then the customer will be happy. And it does work every time, provided there are no mechanical issues with the heli. There are at least 50 recoveries in the video posted. That’s only one short flight!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #534 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK I get it the unit is pretty amazing!! Let me have control of the HD setting and I would probably buy one..It can't be that difficult..
Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #535 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dom, you've made me pull out the pen again, any sleep loss associated with it will be henceforth blamed squarely on you

Quote:
So basically you wanted to create a thread that would let you talk about some product that will "revolutionize the hobby" yet not allow other's with possibly more experience in this hobby than yourself to offer up countering opinions ? You are still intent on censoring other HF members, be it with bullying or using some you don't own it so your opinion is invalid logic.
Nope. Night is as much of a straight shooter as they come. He's an engineer to the bone who designs and builds his own helis, so I doubt any of us here will ever come close to his experience as far as construction of the helis goes. The reason you don't know it for a fact is you don't hang around flight stab forum, your loss He's got his hands on the early version of the product and he got exited about its capabilities, that's all.

Quote:
So far all I have seen is pilots who have been given early samples (you can claim independence and unbias but as soon as you are given anything that no longer applies). I actually have nothing against FMA's product, I rather like the path they are down. But I really think this thread has done a great job of casting a shadow over their product.
Good observation on early samples, bad judgement on independence. I feel I got close to getting an early sample myself by simply nagging the living daylights out of the FMA president , and I can guarantee you my only association with them is that I tried their products and was impressed by their performance.

Quote:
If anyone wants my opinion I'll offer this up. In it's current state of 50ft this product will have a very limited market. How many pilots will outgrow this product after they themself can easily recover from a 50ft high mistake ? let us face it 50ft is a LONG way up with alot of time to correct.
+1. Already began nagging the hell out of FMA president about the issue, I'm convinced HD in current incarnation can be safely used below that level depending on setup and flying style, final user should have access to this adjustment.

Quote:
Is a person better off with this product, the time it takes to learn to setup it up, the time involved in tuning and tweaking it, or would the time have been better spent asking a competent local pilot to buddy box them or just spending more time on the sim and flying to a level they are in complete control ? I hope that FMA can continue to develop this type of product that could some day drop that deck to 5-10ft and limit the area via some GPS scheme (hard cube ?)
The point that you have just proven hasn't needed any proof at all: 3D jocks don't hang around flight stab forum and have no insight into the issue other than gut reaction If you had any experience at all with CP2 you'd know it's not that difficult to setup, in my case it was much easier than finding a buddy box instructor (we have about 60 members in our club 55 of which are plankers). Once you have your CP2 set-up (like I do on quite a few helis) HD will require almost no additional setup at all, just install the sensor and download the new firmware to the CP2 control unit. Trust me, the market for this product is much bigger than you think, and it'll be huge indeed if they could lower the HD level to let's say 25-30'.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #536 (permalink)
Registered Users

The light he keep referring to in the video, is it on the HD module or is it the go LED?

Thanks,

FCA

JR X9503.FunJet Ultra, Scimitar, Stryker F27C and Q, DogFighter, mCPx
FLAME747 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 11:05 PM   #537 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The light on GoLED is puny. He was referring to the huge bright light visible from the distance so it was on HD module. Unless he was looking straight into the sun, of course
Old 06-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #538 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Same vid but more fluid

Saw the vid again but from another board, it was a lot clearer and more fluid (maybe its the static here, don't know) but from where I stand its a cool tool to have to boost up confidence and when I'll be full of it (!) I can just sell the thing. One "good" crash is about the asking price of a unit.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #539 (permalink)

That would be an issue from this site.

Go here and view the vid direct from my Vimeo Plus account.

1080HD, 5.1 Surround Sound:

https://vimeo.com/user8214753/videos

Just look for the Hard Deck titled vid.

Some other good stuff there too.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #540 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Zimmy! I just ordered both!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in