Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Learning piro flip reversals

After a few months of trying reversals,thought I would give it a go today and was VERY happy..Didn't think I would do them good the first flight but really shocked myself so had to video the 2nd flight..
I can lock them in piroing to the right so once I get left down,i'll be SUPER happy..
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrN1xHywC34&list=UUZytK5C1RaH-ldiRevP-hBw&index=3&feature=plcp[/ame]
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome smooth flying style!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice flying
Jmac 3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 01:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great flying- next thing to do is to not pause after half the flip ie as you invert you are currently pausing for at least one full piro before doing the other half of the flip. Get this sussed AND your reversals and you will be smoking!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Those look too good for first time, good work dude. You will be doing them nice and level in no time if you spent some more flights just working on them.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Piro reversals are like Sriracha. You're gonna want to put them on everything. Funnels, tic-tocs, etc.. Great flight!
BigIreland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ya know whats funny, your normal nose right direction is what I'd call reversed. No mater what direction you first learn the other is, well, reversed! Learning the second direction is easier than learning the first time though or at least it was for me.

Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo 690 / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks kalleh and Jmac 3D ..

Carapau,
I have videos doing them without pausing to the right,this way looks better to me and helps with control.Thanks...

anmatheextreme,
I tried reversals 3 different times with my real heli while learning them on the sim..Each time I tried,I stopped because I screwed up right away..I would be out flying then stop and try them ones so this is really the first time sticking with it..Guess if I kept trying and not giving up after the first try,I'll be doing them really good right now..

BigIreland,
Yup,im already doing some piroing stuff which I learned before even trying piro flips.Can do piroing loops,circles,rainbows and some other things..
Just started trying piroing tictocs.I can do them in one spot on the sim but just started trying them with my real heli.Tried them for the 3rd time today and I keep pushing them away and letting up on the tail..Once I keep the tail consistent and stop pushing them away,i'll be doing them in no time.It also doesn't help that ive been trying them in 20mph winds ..I'll post the vid in a min once uploaded..

Mentalic,
Its funny you said that because I don't think I seen anyone else that flys right rudder other than me..Im sure a few do but everyone seems to use left rudder..So far in y area im the only pilot useing right and left rudder so kinda makes me feel good haha..
Old 10-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tried piroing tictocs in this one but like I said,kept pushing them away.Didn't help that the wind was flipping killer also..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLsR5p2el1I[/ame]
Old 10-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I don't even have to watch the videos to know that they're gonna be good. I'll actually get around to watching them later though. Always good stuff.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghigh450 View Post
Thanks kalleh and Jmac 3D ..

Mentalic,
Its funny you said that because I don't think I seen anyone else that flys right rudder other than me..Im sure a few do but everyone seems to use left rudder..So far in y area im the only pilot useing right and left rudder so kinda makes me feel good haha..
I picked left to learn first for several reasons.
- was flying nitro 50 then and it unloads the tail allowing more power for sloppy piro flips.
- On tail failure most helis go nose left, so you can stir your way out to save.
- Left is just easier for my thumb to hold.

Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo 690 / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice flying flyinghigh450. How do you like the 91 in a 600, it seems to have loads of power? I just kind of wondered how it compares to an OS 55?
Old 10-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #13 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecpnitro View Post
Nice flying flyinghigh450. How do you like the 91 in a 600, it seems to have loads of power? I just kind of wondered how it compares to an OS 55?
You should see some of his early videos with the big block motor. Just watching it gave me the feeling that there's no comparison between the two power plants in the same air frame.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Sorry Lon, had to post this link to your other videos.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...76&postcount=1
Old 10-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
Sorry Lon, had to post this link to your other videos.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...76&postcount=1

Nice Bird! I like that move where he was going along forward and half piros into a tail down back stop. I'll definitely have to work on that one.

I saw where I think infinity hobbies is making a wider Trex 600 frame made precisely for the 91 engine mod. I wonder if all the bugs are sorted out on this mod? I've read that the 91 engine brings on a lot of issues like wearing out stock Align clutches and extra vibes affecting the gyro.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Bob and no problem ..

Bladecpnitro,
Like Bob said---> Theres no comparison..I had the YS 56SR,OS 55 and flown the new YS 60SR,they don't come close to the YS 91SR..
Old 10-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well since you've brought up the subject I've been working on reversals throughout the day off and on. Which meant I had to work on right rudder piro flips a lot. I started out with those originally but then switched to left rudder piros since they rob less power from the motor.

Its been too windy all weekend here so its been nothing but sim all weekend. I finally got to where I could do a complete right rudder piro flip and back upright, then follow it with a more comfortable left rudder piro flip.

Lot to learn though. Whew boy, I'm tired. Still got a ways to go. I'm still loving the challenge of it all.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well since you've brought up the subject I've been working on reversals throughout the day off and on. Which meant I had to work on right rudder piro flips a lot. I started out with those originally but then switched to left rudder piros since they rob less power from the motor.

Its been too windy all weekend here so its been nothing but sim all weekend. I finally got to where I could do a complete right rudder piro flip and back upright, then follow it with a more comfortable left rudder piro flip.

Lot to learn though. Whew boy, I'm tired. Still got a ways to go. I'm still loving the challenge of it all.
Thats one thing I wish I did when I was a noob,learn everything with right and left rudder.That would of made everything soooo much easyer but still happy with the way things are going..Like you said,we also have a ton of wind so that slowed things down a bit.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Nice Bird! I like that move where he was going along forward and half piros into a tail down back stop. I'll definitely have to work on that one.

I saw where I think infinity hobbies is making a wider Trex 600 frame made precisely for the 91 engine mod. I wonder if all the bugs are sorted out on this mod? I've read that the 91 engine brings on a lot of issues like wearing out stock Align clutches and extra vibes affecting the gyro.
Yeah Infinity Hobbies sales the whole 600N BigBlock kit...My buddy that modded mine has 4-5 600N's with YS 91SR's and one is the Infinity Hobbies kit..Not sure what issues they had but mine is perfect.I have over 2 cases through mine without issues useing the LYNX clutch liner and stock Align clutch shoe..
Also useing the Blue sensor Vbar with V5.3 Pro and no vibe issues.My buddy has BeastX on all his and no vibe issues...Guessing you got some bad info ..
Old 11-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ive been trying to learn reversed double piro flip for weeks now and not making much progress. man its got to be one of the hardest things to learn. and i dont just mean in rc i mean generally !!

i just cant get the cyclic stir to go in the opposite direction to what im used to. it starts off going anticlockwise but then goes the other way making it all wrong. i try to will it to go the opposite way, but i seem to have zero control over my thumb while im doing the manuever, even though its easy otherwise. why is that? its veeeeeeeeeeerrry annoying

im learning reversed piro rainbows at the same time, and they are going quite well in comparison. my piro hovering and travelling piros in reverse piro direction have improved also with all this training. but i dunno if i'll ever learn these piro flips. its might be impossible for me but i suppose it might click in my brain one day if i keep hacking away at it
neverland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in