Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bee Man From Vancouver Island - Newbie

Hi all,

I'm looking to do some areal videography for some promotional videos I'm making for my beekeeping business and I don't know where to start. I've done some research and from what I understand I can get a $30 helicopter with a cam, but the quality is no good and I can't see what I'm filming, or I can spend thousands and get a custom set-up with goggles that requires two people to operate.

I'm hoping to find something in between. I'd like to be able to have decent quality video, and be able to see what I'm filming in real time. I'm hoping there's an out of the box solution that will work. Any suggestions?

Bee Man
Bee Man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome to the forum Bee Man. Guessing from your questions I assume you are brand new to helis in general? If so you'll have to start with learning to fly one first before you even think about doing photography or video.
Best advice for learning from scratch is to pick up a micro heli like the Blade mCPX and a good sim like Phoenix. Then start learning the basics on the sim until you can do everything you want on the real thing. Only then would I move on to something larger that will support the type of equipment you'll want to use.

There is one other option I suppose and that's quadcopters. Supposedly they are great platforms for AVP. Can't say how hard they are to learn to fly though because I haven't touched one yet.

Either way, make sure you check the Aerial Video and Photography forum to get some more ideas.

Good luck with your venture.

Tags
advice, newbie, out of the box

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in