Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Flying in Wind

So I am flying a mCP X and that little thing can fly in a lot of wind! It can probably fly in 15 mph wind before it really gets blown around.
So my question is if the mCP X can fly in 15mph winds how much wind can the B450 fly in? It should be able to fly in even more.
FuntanaS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntanaS View Post
So I am flying a mCP X and that little thing can fly in a lot of wind! It can probably fly in 15 mph wind before it really gets blown around.
So my question is if the mCP X can fly in 15mph winds how much wind can the B450 fly in? It should be able to fly in even more.
I dont like the wind much at all but theres been times if i didnt fly in the wind i dont get to fly. I go by flags in the area where i fly. Not sure about mph but if a flag is blowing straight out, i try not to fly, anything less than flag blowing straight out seems to be fine for b450 or any other 450 size with a flybar....
upankatz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 03:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would have to agree here have flown the 450 in the wind i would say around 15 to 20 mph and it flies pretty well any more than that and it seems im fighting the wind more than enjoying the flight.
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

if you just hover the wind will bother you but if you are doing circuits , you notice the wind less.
I have flown with wind sock straight out. Only do this once you can fly with no problem.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1 View Post
if you just hover the wind will bother you but if you are doing circuits , you notice the wind less.
I have flown with wind sock straight out. Only do this once you can fly with no problem.
Have to watch doing low flyby's at highsped in gusty wind. Had a gust push me down into the ground once..... Running a higher headspeed really helps in windy situations...
upankatz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by upankatz View Post
Have to watch doing low flyby's at highsped in gusty wind. Had a gust push me down into the ground once..... Running a higher headspeed really helps in windy situations...
Head speed is the key, today in TN we had gusts up to 25, and steady winds at 7-10. Had no problem with hover or hardcore 3D. Most 400+ size birds handle wind well...

True gusts can push ya down...
Parkzone T-28D, P-47D, P-51
Torquewrench is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Where in tn are you?
helihope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the input guys! That is kind of what I expected. It sure is nice to be able to fly when there is some wind. The airplanes just do not fly well in much wind.
FuntanaS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in