Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Kasama Helicopters and Upgrades

Kasama Helicopters and Upgrades Kasama Srimok 90 Helicopters and Upgrades Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default current mods/issues list?

I'm reading various stuff and have seen a few issues crop up for more than one person, that perhaps I should worry about during the build .. are there any others to add to this list ?

* removing 2mm of frame around fuel tank (or) hard mounting engine for fuel foaming issue
* blade grip spindle length issue / vibration issue ( http://runryder.com/helicopter/t531939p1/ )
* o-rings busting out of blade grips ( http://runryder.com/helicopter/t537036p1/ )
* kasama starter coupler ( http://runryder.com/helicopter/t536990p1/ )
* strength of landing skids: strengthen with cross strips and clips
* stronger tail bevel gears now available (does that imply issue with stock ones?)

anything else? or comments/disputations on this list?
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

There is no issue with the bevel gears as of now, i'm not entirely sure why Kasama came out with stronger versions.

As for the tail control rod make sure you clean it with alchohol and screw it in, then out and check for metal shards, the slightest metal shard can cause it to vibrate loose.
Shockwave 3K is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Also for the tank foaming issues, Kasama is adding thier new dampers into kits that are softer than the current ones.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

which dampers? engine to frame?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

The fuel tank dampers.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

Only notable items I have had are fuel foaming - cured by sanding some frame cutout - and the struts are a little on the weak side for hard landings. The tail bevels seem fine but keep them well greased and I have had no head probs apart from one oring prolapsing a bit from the damper former.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

also something else do i have to buy and a fuel magnet or something???
http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/fuel...00n-p-505.html
MaSt0RaS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2009, 01:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not really an issue, but I changed all silver nylock nuts to black ones, as I think they relate better to the black screws used on the Srimok.
niggo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 03:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSt0RaS View Post
also something else do i have to buy and a fuel magnet or something???
http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/fuel...00n-p-505.html
People either love or hate fuel magnets - they work very well but the foam can easily rot especially if exposed to exhaust fumes from the pressure line - probably an OS bubbless clunk is less worry and works pretty well as good
Old 09-01-2009, 06:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
People either love or hate fuel magnets - they work very well but the foam can easily rot especially if exposed to exhaust fumes from the pressure line - probably an OS bubbless clunk is less worry and works pretty well as good
but its not a must for the start right???
cause i will put a new order with kasama header and OS bubbless clunk , governor and some other things after i do 2-3 gallons...
Old 09-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hi

You will be fine not running a fuel magnet for a while. Some dont use them.

My opinion

Hope this helps
Asid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2009, 07:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't run the fuel magnet, never did. Just because I want the tank almost service-free. Instead I'm using the kinkless tube, which is a very agile tubing in the tank, with a standard metal-clunk, it also will last a long time (I hope ). Though when having short of fuel in the tank it may happen the clunk will come in the air. I haven't been in any trouble yet, it have worked flawlessy, it's only when there is about 1/4 fuel (i.e. my in my Vibe) there may be a little shortage of fuel-supply. I don't know how it is in the Srimok yet, need to repair it first after my little crash...
Vantskruv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

guys i sent and emai lto Mr kasama .. asking him when he will send kits to our dealer in Greece...
He told me that he was going to send them and the end of august but he stop the production in order to change same parts...
I asked him about the tail if he will change the gear and he told me YES..

thats his maill
""Yes I use new tail gear for every kits aftet this. No need to dremel the Frame. If you can do 100% correctly assembly your SRIMOK will not have foaming. But in every helicopter have a lot of point are causality for foaming. Example is Gyro mount plate, you should use only one layer of double face tape. But some body already done this thing but still foaming. Finally they check tail blade, oh!!! two tail blade not balance. So you have to read manual untill you understand first and then assembly it. SRIMOK not the same the other heli so you can not use experience from other heli to assembly SRIMOK. If you don't understand anything please do not hesitate to ask me directly.))""
Old 09-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

and he told me tha the 50 size heli will be out next year!

Last edited by MaSt0RaS; 09-02-2009 at 12:25 PM..
Old 09-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am going to use an OS bubble-less clunk, because it looks cool. But really, anyone from electric gets used to running strictly off a timer so I don't see how if you set the timer for (say) 10 minutes and stick to it you could run a tank so dry that a fuel magnet was the only way to save an unexpected engine out?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSt0RaS View Post
thats his maill
""Yes I use new tail gear for every kits aftet this. No need to dremel the Frame. If you can do 100% correctly assembly your SRIMOK will not have foaming. But in every helicopter have a lot of point are causality for foaming. Example is Gyro mount plate, you should use only one layer of double face tape. But some body already done this thing but still foaming. Finally they check tail blade, oh!!! two tail blade not balance. So you have to read manual untill you understand first and then assembly it. SRIMOK not the same the other heli so you can not use experience from other heli to assembly SRIMOK. If you don't understand anything please do not hesitate to ask me directly.))""

so if i am understanding this right... the latest batch of helis that are coming to us this week (here in USA) will have this "upgraded" tail gear.. and this is the cause of the foaming fuel. therefore we dont need to sand out the frames?

be nice if, since the kits are numbered, a number was given so we could easily know if our kit numbers fall into the new gear category
Old 09-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankreed View Post
so if i am understanding this right... the latest batch of helis that are coming to us this week (here in USA) will have this "upgraded" tail gear.. and this is the cause of the foaming fuel. therefore we dont need to sand out the frames?

be nice if, since the kits are numbered, a number was given so we could easily know if our kit numbers fall into the new gear category
mine is in the new batch !
Old 09-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just wondering when "the oldkit" owners might get those "upgrade" parts,tailgear for free, but softer tank surroundings.

-Samppa
SJo1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'd like to know this as well, my serial number is 325. I'm doing the build now and honestly don't know .. should I trim the frame? buy some aftermarket rubber for the surround? wait for a kasama solution and order it? fly it and see the foam?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I wouldn't take any corrective measures until you see the problems.

I just did a service on my Srimok after ~30 flights. A vibration had developed, and I think I tracked it down to two things - a slipped dampner rubber in the head, and a feathering shaft that was a bit too long. My guess is that the dampners weren't properly seated when I installed them, causing both the slipped rubber, and additional play.

The fix was cheap - some new o-ring dampners, and a bit of grinding on the feathering shaft. Hope to test it out this afternoon and report back.

For the few issues I've had with kit # 101, I'm pretty pleased. This is a bit different breed of heli from my TRex and Vibe helis, so I attribute someof this to learning curve.

It sure is alot of fun in the air though...

Toby
jutrast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in