Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default to any one thinking about getting a blade 400 check this out and book mark it.

these are settings straight from the folks at horizon to make it easier to fly if you are just starting out with it. . i might set mine up like this and see how it goes.

IMO these settings completely suck
with these settings I had few near crash experiences, had to set it down quite a few times, it just seemed too sluggish, i went over this video 3 times to make sure my settings were as they suggested and they were,

i went back to the original settings and added +20% expo in the D/R and expo menu and left every thing else bone sock and it is flying great again, hovering threw full battery packs with ease. i think sensitive sticks are much better on this heli is is plenty stable for the sticks to be sensitive.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBXxAnSZWuc[/ame]

Last edited by dannylightning; 07-11-2010 at 07:21 PM..
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

bump, don't care if you reply, just want to bump it so every one gets a chance to see it. if you ever get a 400 this might be of big help at least till you get used to the 400 after that i would go back to the original settings.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great find! For folks looking to move on from an SR it would be a good exercise to learn why each of these settings helps stabilize the 400. For example, increasing the throttle curve gives higher headspeed which is more stable. Also suggests that a replacement motor for the 400 could be of slightly higher kv or that pinion selection can be made to increase headspeed.

Although the stock SR tx removes options it also takes care of a lot of these things so people who are learning don't accidentally increase their learning curve by getting this stuff wrong.
Luvlite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The travel adjust change to 80% is interesting. I wonder if there was some risk of servo binding at the extreme ends.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

the travel adjust makes the sticks less sensitive i think, and than you got expo on top of that. i don't think i like these settings, i just went out and flew with them. my battery died faster, probably the extra head speed and it was a little too sluggish, almost wrecked because of that.

i think i am going to go back to the original settings and only use some expo on it like i set it in the first place. it seemed to fly better before. IMO
Old 07-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Travle adjust affects how far the servo will travel at full stick that way. Anything over 100% send the full in some. Atleast that is what I think. I'm probably wrong though.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

before i did this it felt more like flying one of the heli's on my sim, not it feels like flying a big sr, the way the SR is when you pull it out of the box and use the stock TX with some flybar weights out.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Travel adjust is range/distance the channel will move. The way I think of expo is how linear the stick response is. On the 8103 tx this is easier to observe as it shows you the curve as you add expo. 0 expo is a straight line. The more expo you add, the more of an "s" it looks with response at center stick not being as high as it would be at the extremes.

This has the effect of softening "twitchiness" around center stick.
New pilots tend to oversteer and expo kind of prevents them from getting into trouble by banging away on the sticks. An experienced pilot would describe this as "mushiness" in the controls.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well travel adjust is like that, but it should make the sticks less sensitive, you are moving the stick just as far but the servo now has less movement. so if you are moving the stick half way over, you will not have as much throw at half stick at 80% as you would at half stick with 100% servo movement.

this just seems logical to me, and those new settings really seemed to dumb the heli down big time.

i put my settings back to stock and i think it flys much much better. did not even come close to crashing, when i changed it to the new settings all i am going to say is thank god for the training gear.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I guess it would spread it over more and since it has less then it is really spread out so yea I guess it would make it less sensitive. And over 100 would push it in.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is correct that increasing the travel adjust will also increase sensitivity as well. This is due to the same amount of stick movement resulting in a larger deflection.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

This thread was moved here from the SR forum, as the topic and content of the original post clearly deal with the B400.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvlite View Post
It is correct that increasing the travel adjust will also increase sensitivity as well. This is due to the same amount of stick movement resulting in a larger deflection.
Messing with the travel adjust can throw yur swashplate out of level,,id leave it alone and only use for leveling swash,,unless you can get it where u want then check yur swash at low,mid and high for level. Expo is all u should need to make the heli easier to fly,,if this isn't working then id suggest more sim time. Good luck to you..
600ESP : 100AMP Castle. Scorpion Motor . AMA #962896
400 Blade : Scorpion 2221-6 ,Castle ICE 50 Sonix Head and t
Align 450 pro V2 3G MKS DS95 MSR , 2 x MCPX (brushless C05 & HP05), Blade 130X.
whoanelly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1
ZMR 250
Dazhim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
This thread was moved here from the SR forum, as the topic and content of the original post clearly deal with the B400.
the reason i put in in the SR thread is, there are alot of guys that are eventually going to upgrade to something bigger, and some of them are going to be upgrading to something bigger soon. if they decide they want to move up to the 400, as i just did.

i figured this would be useful to the people on the SR thread that might end up deciding to get the 400.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoanelly View Post
Messing with the travel adjust can throw yur swashplate out of level,,id leave it alone and only use for leveling swash,,unless you can get it where u want then check yur swash at low,mid and high for level. Expo is all u should need to make the heli easier to fly,,if this isn't working then id suggest more sim time. Good luck to you..

i really don't know HH was thinking when they decided to put these settings out there. maybe some people will like them and if it works for you great, but i find it made the heli very hard to control.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #17 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post
the reason i put in in the SR thread is, there are alot of guys that are eventually going to upgrade to something bigger, and some of them are going to be upgrading to something bigger soon. if they decide they want to move up to the 400, as i just did.

i figured this would be useful to the people on the SR thread that might end up deciding to get the 400.
I understood your intention by posting in the SR forum. If E-flite had it's way, everyone would start out with an mCX and work their way up to a B400 before going to something bigger or better. But there is no standard progression when going to a larger heli. Just because you went a certain route doesn't mean a bunch of others will take the same route.

Whatever heli a person considers for their next bird, they will most likely look for information regarding that heli in its particular forum, not the forum for the heli they're going to make the step up from.

But really what it comes down to is threads need to be posted in the forum that the topic is specific to. IMO, if your thread has any merit, the B400 forum is where it will be the most helpful.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Danny, you seem to like your settings. Anyone think they would work in a T-REx 450 Sport? If so, I would love to have them since I would much rather set up my Tx less then what I want then more. These settings might be fine too.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvlite View Post
It is not as simple as that when it comes to helicopters - there is a lot of mixing going on. Changing the travel limit will change the range of motion allowed for that servo (only the one servo) - the effect this may have on the flight can vary. In general, you don't want to use the travel adjustment on the swash servos, except in the case where one of them is moving too far and pushing the swash out of level at extremes. See the Finless video about CCPM interactions for more info about how to use travel adjust on the cyclic servos.

In the video, Mark adjusts the aileron, elevator and rudder dual rates, and sets expo on those as well. He incorrectly refers to this as a travel adjust - it's not.

Then, he goes into the travel adjust, and adjusts the rudder to 80% - this is a very different thing from changing the travel adjust on a cyclic servo. The effect of this adjustment requires a little knowledge about how gyros work. It does not actually limit the travel of the servo in this case - it limits the turn rate that the gyro will attempt to cause at full rudder stick. The travel of the servo itself is controlled by the gyro.
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

adjusting the travel on my rudder channel to 80% diffenetlly limits my tail servos travel, just tried it before i posted. i run Jr gyros on both my helis, so this may be why.

following horizons settings will cost you money, the head speed is way to slow and the pitch is way to high. this puts to much stress on a already to small esc, i smoke 3 stock 25a esc trying to do it horizons way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in