Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HS 82 mg's for cyclic 450

Some advice is neede on this issue if you have a view please leave it

Servo's for my Rex got HS 65's in now but am building another one and trying to keep the cost's down, i already have some 82 MG's and would only need one more for 3 cyclic servos they are same width and it would be easy to enlarge the hole's on the frame,
Apart from the work to get them to fit, Is there ANY reason they should not be used at all?

Thanks'
Alex.
lex7919 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

they might consume a bit more than 3A under heavy conditions... if you make them fit, you might want to go with an external BEC too.
-Gamah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

depending on how much you have to enlarge the hole, it may affect the structural integrity of the frame.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok so farthen, i always use Ubec anyway so that's covered might run them up on the scorpion though when it get's here as thats good for 4A might be more comfortable if i had 5A to play with though, but great point thanks i hadn't thought of it!!

Itegrity was my first thought to but looking at it there the same size as the 65's just 6mm longer so it would only be 3mm of each existing servo hole thats already there, do you think this would be ok, or maybe add a extra frame spacer or two??
Old 04-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

ooops there slightly deeper to but they still fit inside the frame with clearance and the output shaft is in exactly the same position to
Old 04-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One of the other guys has been using them for a while now with no problems on a X35 esc, Thell actually pull less amps as their more powerfull and don't even come close to whats needed for the cyclic or collective combined.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Less Amps, not sure i understand the logic of that really, it's always been my experience that the bigger and more powerfull the servo the higher the current drain, surely other wise if changing servo's would have no influence on amp draw then we'd not need Ubec's or high rated bec's and eg using a 30A esc the bec is getting to warm in flight and is struggling to cope, so your saying instead of swapping to ubec if you swapped out to bigger servo's it would be less strain on the bec!!!??
Old 04-28-2009, 07:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

They'll only draw what is required of them. Maybe they're running inside their efficiency range where the HS-65s are slightly above their efficiency range.

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

makes sense to me. with a real truck a bigger motor can actually get better gas mileage than a smaller one with a load it.
life2short1971 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

makes sense to me. heck, if it's only 3mm on each side, i say give it a whirl, but make sure you take lots of pics on the process and finished product so we can all see how it turned out!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

looks like thats it then, now where's that dremmel , be back with picks don't you worry
Old 04-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have been running HS81mgs for well over a year. Great servos!! I use a dremmel to open up the holes and a flat file to finish them off. After 40+ crashes and hundreds of tipovers and I still haven't damaged one yet!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in