Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Beast X question

So I just upgraded to all Savox servos. Do I need to re setup the beast or anything?
More feedback... http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/maxthepersonz-117310.html
Maxthepersonz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

short answer, YES! I also bought some replacements and will be going through it. You have to redo a few things! Haven't read yet. I'll keep an eye on this thread..Good luck
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funny I'm doing the exact same right now. I stripped 3 plastics today from a tiny blade strike so thought screw it time to put in the hitec 5065mg's. Pretty painless but didn't think the whole setup would have to be redone, thought just the pitch ranges and swash etc but the whole damn thing needs to be redone. My Throttle, aileon, pitch & elevator all needed to be reversed in the trans mitter and now going through each of the beastx setups to make sure its dialed in properly again.
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Plz Sambuka, can u write down an step for step guide for this as I (and probably alot more people) are going thru exact the same process soon. I havent yet stripped my servos. But it will come and I have 4 new Hitecs here.
puttekula is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

puttekula, download the AR7200BX manual from the Spektrum website. The setup guide in there takes you through each step of the Setup menu (and you have to do them ALL). Some of the defaults are different (noted in the 450 X manual) and you'll have to alter steps based on the capabilities of your new servos.

Here's a link to the English PDF version:
http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...-Manual_EN.pdf
Old 05-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are videos in the beast x forum in this site. Shows you what to do for each step
rz1a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 03:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttekula View Post
Plz Sambuka, can u write down an step for step guide for this as I (and probably alot more people) are going thru exact the same process soon. I havent yet stripped my servos. But it will come and I have 4 new Hitecs here.
I'd love too but I just fiddled my way through and am still not done yet, I'm in the setup faze of the beastX, I'm a ex-newbie so not the best to do a step by step as I might miss something important.

I found with the hitec servo arms you need to cut off the ends on the pitch/aileron arms so they don't hit the canopy mounts. Elevator arm I had to use a razer knife to make the hole bigger by scrapping the inside. Pretty easy to tell which hole just line it up with the stock servo holes.

Other than that, remove old servo's plug in new ones, then go through the beastX manual and learn it in depth, you have to at some point right?
Old 05-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

go to beast x forum they have step by step set up menu parameter videos that are very good.
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks a lot everyone! I hit the throttle hold about 5 feet from the ground doing some 3d at 11 p.m. Luckily I didn't have a blade strike of anything but it took out these trash servo's.... Seriously have not enough people complained about the servos on there 400, 450 3d, and 450x? Now were gonna add the 300x too...
More feedback... http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/maxthepersonz-117310.html
Maxthepersonz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just finished my hitec servo install and beastx setup, one other thing I noticed is the servo horn balls need to be facing inside not the outside like the stock servos for the two side servos.
And the elevator servo cut and sand down the servo horn so it doesn't rub on the elevator duel arm under full servo movement range in beastx mode L. And the servos all seemed to have to be reversed and so did a couple of beastx settings. Good time to fully learn beastx setup during this process I guess.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in