Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q

4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Walkera 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 12:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default looking for a walkera now.

ok with my recent purchase of a Novus FP wich im still learning on and having a great time with it. With me being laid off I want to get a Walkera 3D Heli Full brushless now so when the time comes im not like "Oh crap now that im really to move on i cant afford it"

I want something that can handle insane 3d when the time comes. would also like something in a 250 size if at all possible

What do you recommend. Money isnt really an object at this moment. Please provide links also
4LC4PON3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2009, 02:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only 250 sized heli I know of is the Trex250 and it's clones.

If you want a RTF Walkera 3D heli here's your link

http://www.clubheli.com/Walkera-4G6-...tter_p_22.html

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Gaui makes a sweet small 200 class. Question is... are you looking for something for indoor or outdoor? You are not going to find anything better for an indoor 3D flyer than the 4G6. A 250 class heli is a bit larger and can do some serious damage indoors. I would fly a 4G6 in my living room... I wouldn't fly a 250 in my living room.
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 07:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

im looking for indoor only. ill check out the 4g6 and see whats up. yeah im not planning on flying a 200 or even a 250 in my house. if not ive already got a post elseware im gonna look into a trex or something
4LC4PON3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check out the 4g6 forum, It will tell you a lot about the 4g6
SQRT(-2) is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LC4PON3 View Post
I want something that can handle insane 3d when the time comes. would also like something in a 250 size if at all possible

What do you recommend. Money isnt really an object at this moment. Please provide links also
Depends how you define "insane 3D"
If it's the same way I define it, you shouldn't be looking at RTF Walkeras!
There are many choices for insane 3D helis but you have decide what you like and you will have to build it.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I supose it all depends on what you define as insane John - [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYvHCVd2jnA"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia] and if you want a little more insanity put a HP08 motor on it [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAOCQaAo5Kg"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Now what I really want to see is somebody do that in a living room

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

i fly like that every night. really i do. and i do it with my cb100 ta boot!

ok i'm sleeping at the time, but i do it.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2009, 10:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocD View Post
I supose it all depends on what you define as insane John - YouTube- Broadcast Yourself. and if you want a little more insanity put a HP08 motor on it YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Now what I really want to see is somebody do that in a living room

Regards David
Don't get me wrong David, I have great respect for Manuel and Jose Campos, they are amazing pilots!
I also like walkera alot, I own four walkera helis.
But in this case I am not talking just about ability, I'm also thinking durability, dependeability and reliability. As we know Walkeras have the ability, but come a little short in the other categories.
I don't think they are built for extreme or insane 3D.
Manuel has the ability to show what Walkeras can do, but we should ask him how many times their parts fail when flown in this way. He also has the ability to make it look easy and "do-able" .
The truth is he is extrermely talented and what he can do with these "inferior " 3d helis can not be done by a lot of other extreme 3d pilots that fly superior machines.
Here's a similar video by another pilot who probably can't do what Manuel can do with the Walkera:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1cBSZxQLm4"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

P.S. I don't mean to start a debate, but I think building a 3D heli will lead to a lot less frustration than buying any RTF
Cheers and pardon the rambling!
Old 11-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes John I also have great respect for Manny's abilities - also the fact that unlike most of the really good pilot's, who will not go near walkera heli's for fear of damaging their credibility and tend to be tied up with T-Rex and other prestige helis, Manny has the guts to challenge the status quo and show just what these little machines can do.

I am also lucky enough to have Manny as a friend and talk to him regularly and he really rates the 4G6 - but don't forget he also fly's other more prestigious heli's like the T-Rex so can make comparisons - here he is flying the T-Rex 600 - [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SudRNjwj54w"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia] you never know one day someone may talk him into putting a canopy on

But I do take your point John walkera have had a bad name but lately they have come out with some quite good sub-micro heli's which are quite robust - biggest weakness has been the brushed motors but walkera seem to be sorting that out with the newer heli's being mainly brushless.

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by john aeras View Post
I'm also thinking durability, dependeability and reliability. As we know Walkeras have the ability, but come a little short in the other categories.
When I first got my 4#3B I thought 'B' stood for 'bounce' since that's all that happens in most crashes.

Other than motors, the only electrical components I've ever had to replace in my GHz Walkeras are a V1 servo and the original RX in my 4G3 (although if I was better at soldering I wouldn't have had to replace the RX) but that was after slamming it into the ground at high speed several times.

Average 4#3b brushed main motor life for me is longer than the original ($60) bl motor my b400 came with, and 10 times longer than the brushed motor from my King2

I do agree with you that generally speaking if you pay for a decent kit and decent electronics you will likely end up with a heli that fits your 3 categories better, and I also agree that Walkera micros are a lot of fun to fly

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2009, 12:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys

As far as walkeras go yes at first they were not know for quality and durability but the latest helis have come along way in performance and durability way beyond what I ever expected. My 4g6 has about 100 flights on it flown hard and not once has anything broken or fallen off of it in flight. I did upgrade the main motor to the HP08-2 but all my heli run upgraded motors I just love more power. Even in crashes the 4g6 is more durable than a 250 heli or and cheaper as blades are under 5 bucks. The Built in gyro in these little helis are getting way better as well the 4g6 gyro hold so good I can do reverse flight as fast as I want and it takes it. I recently picked up a Walkera 60b from Wow and flying it 100% stock so far pretty impressive for RTF I went thru the heli and everything had locktite.

Don't be afraid of walkera they have come a long way in performance and durability

Manuel
buildem336 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in