Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2015, 10:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's been my experience with Horizon's tech support that they play the "good cop, bad cop" routine. You can call and get someone with great communication skills and feel that they are really trying their best to help. Then you can get the guy with the bad attitude that makes you feel like he believes you're just trying to score free parts. I think Horizon does it on purpose. If the "bad cop" is able to put someone off and they don't call back, then it's a win for them. Whenever I get the "turd", I simply call back and get someone else, and it's almost always the guy who is willing to do whatever it takes to make you happy.
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsma22 View Post
It's been my experience with Horizon's tech support that they play the "good cop, bad cop" routine. You can call and get someone with great communication skills and feel that they are really trying their best to help. Then you can get the guy with the bad attitude that makes you feel like he believes you're just trying to score free parts. I think Horizon does it on purpose. If the "bad cop" is able to put someone off and they don't call back, then it's a win for them. Whenever I get the "turd", I simply call back and get someone else, and it's almost always the guy who is willing to do whatever it takes to make you happy.
I can't honestly see Horizon, or any company really, encouraging bad customer service on purpose. You just lose customers that way and it most certainly isn't a "win for them" if the guy who didn't get a replacement part goes away that day, but then also decides to go elsewhere in the future for their next major purchase. I think in this case some people on the phone are just dicks, having a bad day, etc and nothing more nefarious than that.
WedgeD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just curious, is this Tech named Robert? I get him, and he is a total Dick.
stevespirosezgoin81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2015, 12:27 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioblade View Post
I've worked in customer service and customer relations for small shops and larger firms. Even if the customer gets the tiniest inclination that you are being rude or condescending you're in the wrong. No matter what the customer says, even if the customer is wrong, the customer is right. THAT is the golden rule of the sales industry.

A properly trained associate, even when dealing with grumpy customers or a customer who might be trying to game the system will remain sincere and helpful while respectfully, tactfully, and professionally diverting those behaviors towards finding a solution that has the customer feeling happy in the end. Even after a long day, if an associate can't stay polite and professional, they should seek out a different line of work. Sales and support people must be extroverted people pleasers. Other personality types belong elsewhere.
I worked in telephone customer service and tech support for over 3 years: first doing internet tech support for Comcast, then as a CSR for Rogers cable/internet/homephone/cell phone (cross-trained to provide customer service for all four products on the same phone call, whenever necessary).

I sort of agree with what some of what you wrote. Or rather, I found as a CSR I made both my work life and the customer's experience better by taking ownership of the issue and making sure that came across on the phone call, and always endeavouring to ensure the customer was satisfied with whatever resolution best fit the situation.

From my own experience as a customer, two things that are among the most frustrating for the customer as the rep either offering solutions, or dismissing possible solutions before its even established that the rep is clear is on the customer's issue and the resolution he is seeking; the other is passing the buck, which just lobs the problem back into the customer's lap and leaves them feeling like they've wasted their time, at best.

My impression is the rep the OP spoke with failed on the ownership issue: stating what you aren't going to when the customer hasn't even suggested it is a failure to take ownership for the product that CSR represents. He also passed the buck by telling the OP to send it in for a tech in another department to look at, without even making a pretense of trying to resolve the issue at the initial contact point (customer->CSR). Again failing the ownership issue.

You don't have to be an "extroverted people person" to be good at support or customer service. It would help in sales, but I think its otherwise irrelevant: extroversion is a personality trait, where its opposite (introversion) doesn't equate a lack of empathy, willingness to help, or competence (the big 3 of customer service). In tech support, they are *calling you* - the extrovert's aptitude at reaching out with the right ice breaker doesn't come in to play at all (but in sales it certainly can, but sales and support are two different things.)

I worked with many CSRs who hated their job - this is a field with an extremely high burnout rate, no matter your personality type. A burnt out rep has lost interest in the company he represents, and his interest in representing what's in their best interest. The customer is the unfortunate one to have to share in this experience, as no CSR can hide, nor has any inclination left to hide, their disinterest in the product/service and whatever issue the customer has (if the customer states he has totally had it with this company, the burnt out rep can barely hold back replying "so have I").

New reps also require some experience to develop the skill set and product familiarity required to properly assist their customers. Some reps never do - not everyone is cut out for customer service, and it has nothing to do with their innate tendency toward introversion/extroversion. I've worked with many reps who were excellent at what they did, and who were total introverts; and just as many extroverts who were terrible.
Blade Scraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2015, 04:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade's customer service sucks. YES it sucks. Why? I called and many have about the Nano CP-S with it's wobble. And they accused me of breaking it, When in reality it flew backwards left, right out of the box!

I brought it back to my local store and they helped me more than blade by replacing it with another Nano CP-S.

Never depend on blade always do a local store pick up and have a good relationship with the store staff; so in case of something like this; they'll take it in and replace/fix the issues.
Mtrezzz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2015, 10:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since I am new to the hobby, I called many times for help. Sometimes it was a defective part (like Nano CPX main motor), sometimes I asked for help figuring something out. 90% of the time they are nice. Sometimes they try to help, sometimes send me a replacement part. I think they do an awesome job considering how difficult it is to help people over the phone.

Once or twice I got someone who was not nice and not helpful. I just said, "OK, thanks." Then I called back and talked to someone else. Another time I wanted them to replace a part, probably a CPX main motor. It costs a grand total of $10. Oh boy. Big spender. I sent an email and they were very nice. They responded back later the same day and said, "Sure, we'll be happy to send it to you."

Overall, very happy with customer support. Not every rep is nice, but the vast majority of them are.
heli227 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2015, 08:37 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never had a problem with Horizon service. Even had replacement parts or full replacement of stuff I got from other online places. Only needed proof of where and when I ordered it. Did have to pay shipping on one item I got online from other then Horizon. Whole $5 but I got new Item plus extra blades, battery and charger. So $25 more then the shipping.
RBMflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2015, 09:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tech Support Attitude?

I had poor service from them too. It was related to an airplane, but still..

The plane had an obvious defect that many many people were discovering, and they refused to own up to it. It was a poor mold of a "symmetrical airfoil" foam wing on a "3D" plane that produced an airfoil that was flat on top, and curved on the bottom. Like an upside-down trainer wing. They accused me of modifying the airframe (which I hadnt, at all), and setting it up with control throws beyond what they recommend (which I didn't, it was set up per the manual). (And they determined I was guilty of all this over the phone, without looking at the plane btw). And they told me that the flat top airfoil wouldn't affect the flying characteristics of this 3D (Extra), and any strange flying characteristics I was perceiving were all in my head. lol

It porpoised and was inpredictable when flying upright, but flew nice and stable when inverted ;-). Just what you're looking for in an aerobatic 3D plane, right? Lol. Thanks for the great support brainiacs.
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in