Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Gohbee

Gohbee Gohbee Stinger and Phazor 30 50 60 90 Helicopters Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Stinger 30 on the way!

I am expecting my Stinger 30 on tuesday. I'm going to set it up on the buddy box, that should test it's durability!! I'll give a report on it's performance as soon as I get it airborn.
929pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2005, 11:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The buddy box going to fly the heli ? :mrgreen:

Nah it is a nice heli, you should be please with it.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

What engine will you be using?
rstacy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2005, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

I had a great time with my Stinger 30, rcplyon 3D'ed it and said it did well. It has now become a Stinger 50, that is still waiting on some nice weather, other than a test hover.

You will like the Stinger....
Hotshot Charlie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2005, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

929pilot what do you plan to put in your stinger? (servos, engine, gyro, etc.).
blakka_1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2005, 09:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have a like new OS 32 that I'm going to put in it. Eventually I'm going to get either an OS 37 or a Toki 40. I have a set of Vortex carbon 550 blades that I got on clearance from heli-world. 401/9253 on the tail, 9252 on the collective, 9001's on cyclics, and a retract servo on the throttle because it'll be wide open or off :glasses2: !!

I bought this heli to repace my Raptor 30 V1 that had a blade come apart in the air. (not at the root, the trailing edge came unglued/wasn't glued. maverick 3D woodies)...(suck) Anyway I'm looking forward to moving on with a new heli, that one was cursed. It had a mid air boom strike not long before this latest disaster. RIP Have you ever had a heli that was just bad luck? It seems like some helis will save themselves while others have suicidal tendencies.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Toki 40 will require a mod to the fan or a Raptor fan to make it fit properly
rstacy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2005, 07:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you used the Toki? What do you think of it? Mods are not a problem, see my gallery for pics of my hawk 4 with a 61 in it.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well......... I got my Stinger last tuesday. When I installed the engine I noticed the gear mesh was tight in spots and the clutch bell bell wobbled. I spent about 2 hours getting it as good as I could get it, then finally moved on to the radio installation. Just before dark I had it ready to test fly so I tok it out to the back yard and fired it up. It ran for about 4 seconds, when I went to restart it the clutch was stuck so back in the house I came. I got it free and put the starter to it but it immediatly locked up again. Upon disassembly I discovered that the clutch bell not being level caused the clutch bearing to seize on the start shaft. I think the pinion gear is the problem, it isn't threaded straight or isn't true where it screws into the bell.

I sent Gohbee service an email friday morning but I haven't got any response yet. (It is now tuesday afternoon) There is no number to call . There is a live chat option on the web site but they are offline. Oh well, I guess I'll have plenty of time to paint the canopy while I wait. The bad pinion doesn't bother me but not being able to reach anyone is very annoying.
929pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2005, 03:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hey 929pilot,

I am sorry to hear your troubles, I also have been trying to email David, with no success. I think he must be on a trip, maybe back to China to the manufacturing company. David is ALWAYS, prompt on returning emails and phone calls.

I will also try to get him on the phone and see if I can get him to come on line to help you.

Very unusual for a slow reponse from Gohbee. I will follow up for you.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm eager to go get it going. It looks great and went together very quickly. I had it ready to fly in 5 hours, would have been 3 or 4 if not for the little snag.

The engine came out of another heli so I won't have to mess around with break in, I can get down to business real quick :glasses2: .
Old 03-09-2005, 11:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Parts are on the way. Paint job is coming along nicely.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929pilot
When I installed the engine I noticed the gear mesh was tight in spots and the clutch bell bell wobbled.
I got my Stinger 50 last week and I have also noticed that the gear mesh is tight in spots. I just figured that it may be a high spot in the gear from the molding process and it would wear itself in. I haven't gotten to test fly it yet, but I think I will go back and take a closer look before flying it.
dunbare is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2005, 03:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine was very tight. If you put a mark on your clutch bell you'll probably find it's tight in the same spot on the pinion every time the mark comes around. I think the pinion is the problem but the clutch bell could cause the same effect. Does your clutch bell wobble when you spin the main gear? If drop your engine out you can pull the clutch & pinion down out of the pinion bearing and spin it on the clutch/start shaft assembly to check it for concintricity.

If your clutch bell doesn't wobble I would just fly it, the gears should wear in. If the clutch bell does wobble that means the bearing in the bell is sitting crooked on the start shaft and you will soon have problems. Mine seized on the shaft in just a few seconds.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Fly it, the gears wear in and mesh very well. If you have a problem with the clutch being too far out after checking concintricity, contact David Ellison at Gohbee.

I think you will find, all will be fine when you get her going.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for the delay, I went on vacation. I finally got to fly the little beast and I like it! It flies straight, it's precise and it has no bad habits. The cyclic response is good and it seems to like abuse. :cool:

My kit came with a new set of main blade grips, head yoke and dampers in the box. I went ahead and installed these items because the original yoke appeared to wobble when I spun the head. The bearings fit better in the new grips also. I used longer screws than the ones that were supplied with the engine mount (after stripping on of the stock short ones). I had to shorten the links from the swash to the mixing arms about six turns each in order to get the right pitch range, just normal set up stuff. Overall I would say it's a good value and I would buy another one. Cheap and fun to fly works for me!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in