Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related

Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default PA Ultimate AMR & heli Guy

I Just got me a brand new Precision Aerobatics Ultimate AMR 40" Biplane Just waiting on the servos to the horrifying maiden day. You may say way horrifying?, well I'll tell you that it's my first plane.
I Sport fly a TrexSEV2 450 for the last 6 months fun as hell, but so many times I surprised my self fling planks on the sim more and more, I enjoy the relaxing fly by, slow turning so I decided to get me a good looking plank, and so I did. One thing I hate the most is cheap foam stuff, so balsa would have to be.
I practiced landing on the sim until my fingers bled, approach, final approach smooth the elevator, let go the throttle and land smoothly, with no wind, moderate wind, turbulent crosswind, you name it. practiced on all planes that the G4.5 haves for months, I even made a Variant for the ultimate AMR for the sim.
I feel confident that I can fly the thing, even land it safely, but the adrenaline rush is starting to accumulate.

So, you recon I'm mad?
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That is too pretty a plane to start with
There are some $50 rtf planks you can get some real air time on.
If you do go ahead and maiden it, definitely make sure you have a huge wide open space.
Good luck either way.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

good luck. and stick with the low rates for awhile. i have the pa katana md and it is the best little plane i have ever flown. i have been looking at the ultimate for awhile now. good luck. my first plank was a cermark banshee which is a straight 3d plane and i did fine. much less load on the pilot to fly a plank compared to a heli.
HeathH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Maybe it isn't the best beginner plane, but if you are doing well on the sim you should be okay. That is a really nice plane, I like about anything that PA puts out and fly my electric shock when ever I get the chance.
nitrohog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2009, 07:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefierro View Post
I Just got me a brand new Precision Aerobatics Ultimate AMR 40" Biplane Just waiting on the servos to the horrifying maiden day. You may say way horrifying?, well I'll tell you that it's my first plane.
I Sport fly a TrexSEV2 450 for the last 6 months fun as hell, but so many times I surprised my self fling planks on the sim more and more, I enjoy the relaxing fly by, slow turning so I decided to get me a good looking plank, and so I did. One thing I hate the most is cheap foam stuff, so balsa would have to be.
I practiced landing on the sim until my fingers bled, approach, final approach smooth the elevator, let go the throttle and land smoothly, with no wind, moderate wind, turbulent crosswind, you name it. practiced on all planes that the G4.5 haves for months, I even made a Variant for the ultimate AMR for the sim.
I feel confident that I can fly the thing, even land it safely, but the adrenaline rush is starting to accumulate.

So, you recon I'm mad?
i was in the same mode as you, i got the PA addiction, but sadly its on backorder, cant wait
Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

got my plane whooohooo looks yummy, done the basic setup, waiting to get the prop, its on back order, the problem so far all my servos keep buzzing making the ailerons elevator and rudder vibrate really fast

any ideas
thanks
vik
Old 04-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

info on setup? voltage, type of servos, any binding?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamslice View Post
info on setup? voltage, type of servos, any binding?
power system, thrust 20 motor with 30a esc
servos- eflight 7 gram servos (no binding, previously used on my trex450 without a problem)
rx- ar 6100e tx dx7

batt outrage 1800mah 3s
Old 04-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i would check to see if your bec is putting out 6v. i am pretty sure the eflight 7g servo can only handle 4.8v. you might be pumping too much voltage into them causing erratic behavior.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default Update

Hi gang.

Well I have done it, I've flown the Ultimate and it's wonderful, it was a experience I will never forget. All went fine, last weekend was just above ideal weather, but all the time in the simulator paid off, I'll have to clarify the simulator and real flying is different, close, but still different. To all of you that want a biplane, or for that matter any plane I highly recommend this brand. top notch.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

congrats
Old 04-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefierro View Post
Hi gang.

Well I have done it, I've flown the Ultimate and it's wonderful, it was a experience I will never forget. All went fine, last weekend was just above ideal weather, but all the time in the simulator paid off, I'll have to clarify the simulator and real flying is different, close, but still different. To all of you that want a biplane, or for that matter any plane I highly recommend this brand. top notch.
how different? i am planning my first flight this weekend) any tips
thanks
Old 04-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas View Post
how different? i am planning my first flight this weekend) any tips
thanks
Well for one, wind or air mass in that matter is dynamic not static as in the simulator, it feels like you flying in very thin substance, is very hard to explain, you will know the moment you take off, stick to low rates especially on the addiction as it haves very large wing surfaces and ailerons, Clim up, way up and stay there.
For my fist pack I did 2-3 minutes of simple circuits and the rest 3-4min practicing landing passes not actually touching the runway, but calculating the landing speed, until the timer ends, and then I did land
by the 4th pack I was doing loops, rolls, KE, and some other simple stuff I don't know their names. the only problem in my maiden was that in the last pack i didn't restart the timer so I ran out of power in the middle of the flight but manage to safely land downwind, but I won't do that again, it was terrifying.

Check that your channels are not reversed I did have my aileron and elevator reversed when I build mine, so check that also.

Good luck, and tell me how it went.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in