Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sim Help

I know this gets asked all the time, but my G2 is finally getting replaced and I wanted some input from the 450SE guys (experts). I have been thinking of buying G3.5, but now I'm curious what everyone else is using and if they have some good arguments for one or the other. It's time to move to a little harder 3D and I need a new sim.
chimaera is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2007, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have G3.5 and the newer Phoenix Rc Sim, phoenix is way more real imo, and comes with Trex 450 , 600, and mini titan models.... unlike g3.5 which you will have to use user created models for these helis. And its cheaper. And it works great with my Dx6.

I also think the camera movement is really frustrating on g3.5, it wips around and is disorienting, the phoenix sim doesnt do that, its more naturally feeling when it looks around.

Trex 450 autos are way too easy in G3.5, maybe becuase they just edited a bigger heli to make it perform like a 450.... Autos in phoenix are more difficult with the 450 then the larger birds, and seems way more realistic.

Also the graphics in phoenix are FAR superior.
trireme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I think the G3.5 is more gamey, where the pheniox crashes are less realistic. Bottom line is you should try both, see which you like and go with it. You can edit aircraft easily in both.
Oldboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Phoenix has gotten better at crashes in the latest versions. I use Phoenix and really like it.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I love G3 for the internet play, you can fly with other people in real time, I have even seen "Finless" Bob on too. The graphics are lagging a little, and the software is a resource hog , but all in all its been a great flight simulator for me. Lots of T-Rex models to choose from, huge number of free downloadable aircraft, good performance with loads of features. Either way I am sure you'll make the right choice for yourself.
carlo_the_wonder_frog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think I would care more how it flys then how it crashs! LOL. Really

But they did improve crashs in the latest, and the sounds

Phoenix also has online play, although I havent tried it.

Also its hover training, and auto trainer is far better then g3's

Dont get me wrong, I learned to fly on G3.5, and only recently got the phoenix, so g3.5 is definitely great, but I think phoenix is hands down better, and its practiclly beta the way they are rolling out updates for it, I have seen an update for realflight in sometime, and most of its upgrades are 'for sale', phoenix claims they will never charge you for any update, new crafts, flying fields, etc.
trireme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My first sim was AeroflyPro deluxe. I sold it when Phoenix sim came out. I really like it. Flies very well and I love how they are constantly updating it and adding new models.

http://www.phoenix-sim.com/pages/news.htm

They have a demo out now.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yea, something I shouldv added is you need to check the minimum and recommended requirements. My LHS refused to tell me this due to some violation, but make sure you dont buy a sim your pc cannot handle. G3.5 is a system hog as stated above. Multiplay on G3.5 is awesome, however most people need to create a loopback server if they are behind a router and want to host a server.
Oldboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in