Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Replacment ESC Options

What would be some good replacement ESC options for my Blade SR?
Usman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2015, 07:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure you have much of an option unless you have a converted belt tail motor.
It would have to be one that controls both a BL motor, and brushless...
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2015, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I feel a hobby wing 50 a platinum would be best. Of course you would need a new basic kit,motor, servos and fbl gyro. My first cp heli was an SR. I would say that I definitely got my moneys worth out of it but I didn't really start progressing until I got A MCPX V2. After that I wanted a helicopter that flew like it did. I think the only ESC that really works on a SR is the one from blade. I would resist the temptation of putting to much money into the SR and save for a better helicopter. After I built an Align 450 dfc and flew it a while I took the SR out to see how it flew. It was a handful. That said I did have a lot of fun flying it.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, i'll have converted to the belted upgrade by freestyle hobby. Having that at hand, now I wonder which ESC would be best to consider. I was thinking of buying one from Hobbyking. Any suggestions?
Old 02-11-2015, 12:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usman View Post
Yes, i'll have converted to the belted upgrade by freestyle hobby. Having that at hand, now I wonder which ESC would be best to consider. I was thinking of buying one from Hobbyking. Any suggestions?
I am not really sure to tell ya the Truth....I would imagine something along the lines of the same esc I used for my 250 kit that I use...a Turnigy Plush 25a. I have had good luck with
the Turnigy esc's, have a 40a in my 450 kit that seems to perform well...I like the plush series because they are easy to set up with the programming card that you can also purchase for 6-10 bucks...Hobby Wing also makes a decent esc I have heard....

I had the belt on one of my SR's before, worked great but the plastic tail is easily damaged...
I may as a winter project do another sometime, but with the metal components...
Rodney
500 Pro DFC
Old 02-11-2015, 07:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the help. I guess I should get an ESC that ranges anywhere from 20-30 amps.
The motor in the SR is used in the 200 SR X. Im wondering how many amps the ESC in the 200 SR X is rated at.
But just another thing im wondering is, when I do get a new ESC....I have always heard that I will have to program it. What parameters are needed to be set when installing a new ESC generally?
Also, I got a new Gyro from hobbyking and when I installed it, the SR just spun around clockwise really fast. I even reversed the setting on it and it did the same thing. What is needed to be done in order to have the new gyro working the way its supposed to?
Old 02-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks for the help. I guess I should get an ESC that ranges anywhere from 20-30 amps.
The motor in the SR is used in the 200 SR X. Im wondering how many amps the ESC in the 200 SR X is rated at.
But just another thing im wondering is, when I do get a new ESC....I have always heard that I will have to program it. What parameters are needed to be set when installing a new ESC generally?
Also, I got a new Gyro from hobbyking and when I installed it, the SR just spun around clockwise really fast. I even reversed the setting on it and it did the same thing. What is needed to be done in order to have the new gyro working the way its supposed to?
You know you can still use the stock ESC when you do the belt mod...
If you get a Turnigy ESC you can get a program card and set it up with that....
Using the stock ESC you don't have to do anything except maybe turn the pot screw all the way counter clockwise to allow it to have full control with main motor only.

You'll either have to reverse gyro or if you have stock radio reverse one of the switches down
on front of the radio under the little cover on front lower left side of the radio.
Rodney
500 Pro DFC
Old 02-11-2015, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, I figured I may use some of the same ESCs found on some HK250GTs
Old 02-11-2015, 08:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks, I figured I may use some of the same ESCs found on some HK250GTs
Any time, your welcome!
Rodney
Oh one more thing....get a spartan quark gyro, you can usually get one for $50.00 or under...that is one fine gyro! Very simple to program and set up also! I have one on my 250, and 450...both tails hold rock solid!
500 Pro DFC
Old 02-17-2015, 08:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for the input. I want to know if there is a good replacement motor that I can consider out there? Any suggestions?
Old 02-17-2015, 08:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

One that would fit nicely with the stock setup and stock motor plate. Hmmm
Old 02-18-2015, 08:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also is it a common problem for the stock swashplate to come apart and is there a remedy to that problem. Mine came apart and id like to use it on a SR build.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Also is it a common problem for the stock swashplate to come apart and is there a remedy to that problem. Mine came apart and id like to use it on a SR build.
Yes I know some have found solutions to fixing that swash, but myself I just waited till I saw a good deal on the metal one and replaced both on mine....I just didn't trust it to leave it on or try to mod it.
500 Pro DFC
Old 03-17-2015, 01:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So a Quick question if YOU have not started the build yet????????

What belt length did you get from don? Stock? The longer middle length or the super long one? like a 391 or 97 tooth belt?

I do not know if you had been following my prior posts.

The hk250 All metal tail set up that you have is a 8.5mm tail boom.
Don and I had worked out longer belts for that tail option. To use the 275mm blades for the Blade 300. Stretch kit. Yes the tail is about 1.4 ish inches back farther.
The Heli flies Impeccably Better. It is Immensely more stable as well as more playful. (Note I use a higher end radio)
By putting a 450 landing gear on the SR it wont tip over easy and YOU will truly appreciate the new found fun. Found in a Heli that was ""NEVER MEANT"" to do this in the first place.... You will also have to Upgrade your batteries to a 1800 ish for the CG to be right....
twice the flight time!~!

Ask question.... Rodney has my Number if you need to talk to me... I am not on here much lately....
Contact me directly

ED
FAST EDDY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in