Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion > Electric Motors Winding and Repair

Electric Motors Winding and Repair Electric Motors Winding and Repair Discussion

Old 01-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #61
HeliFX
Registered Users

Vlad nice work on the Knipex and yes expensive suckers.

It took me a few days to work up the nerve to grind down a perfectly functional plier
MKS, Vbar, YGE 120LV
HeliFX is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #62
belcom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFX View Post
Vlad nice work on the Knipex and yes expensive suckers.

It took me a few days to work up the nerve to grind down a perfectly functional plier
Thanks. Well, I did not quite put it on the grinder right away myself. It was hard to commit to it but I knew it had to be done. The small Dremel grinding wheel was key to finishing it off perfectly before sanding. And its best to have the dremel in a fixed position while holding the pliers in both hands. The dremel drill press would be perfect but I have yet to purchase that accessory.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #63
HeliFX
Registered Users

have a dremel myself but had access to a drill press so took very little time

money and effort well spent I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belcom View Post
Thanks. Well, I did not quite put it on the grinder right away myself. It was hard to commit to it but I knew it had to be done. The small Dremel grinding wheel was key to finishing it off perfectly before sanding. And its best to have the dremel in a fixed position while holding the pliers in both hands. The dremel drill press would be perfect but I have yet to purchase that accessory.
MKS, Vbar, YGE 120LV
HeliFX is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #64
Todd Moriarty
Registered Users

I modified a pair of jewelers wire wrapping pliers to help reach down the stator a bit. Polished them to 1500 grit, and smoothed off all rough edges

one other invaluable set of tools. A gunsmith's punch set, including a G10 large diameter punch that is great for tightening up the winding groups

Last edited by Todd Moriarty; 01-26-2013 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: Added pictures
Todd Moriarty is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #65
modomains
Registered Users

Smile Stator

I hold the stator with a vice. Using my hand feels awkward.
Also, my favorite tools are Knipex. But I shop regularly at http://www.kctoolco.com/Knipex-Tools-s/2506.htm.
modomains is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion > Electric Motors Winding and Repair

Electric Motors Winding and Repair Electric Motors Winding and Repair Discussion