Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Member Just Bought My 1st Heli - T-Rex 600

Hi, my name is Jim, I am from Chicago, and I just bought my 1st heli.

I came to this site last week to buy a heli, (someone sent me a link)-
now I have looked at the site, like it, and am going to stay -

I am a E- plane guy and I fly everything from giant Sig Rascal to Warbirds to 3d Ships to 150mph pusher jets - I have RF G3.5 and when I use it, (rarely) I fly helis because the planes are too boring for me.

Well, I got sick of just fly the sim and decided to get one, this one in fact. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...59#post1223359

Looks like I got a pretty decent deal, (what do you guys think?)

Anyways, I need some help with a couple of things ...

1) - I have a extra Optic 6 I can use to fly the heli, or a new Evo 9
(which would be better, can someone post some settings to start out with?)

2) - Should I make some training gear or screw it?

3) - I have 4s and 5s lipos of large mah, but nothing I can make 6s to fly this bird on Tues when I get her.
(does anyone have a 6s pack in new or lk new condition that they could sell me to get me started, (I am paypal ready right now).

Thanks, and I hope to have alot of fun on this site with my new heli and you guys - Jim
Chopper Hopper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

welcome to the addicting hobby of rc helis.
smoothie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie View Post
welcome to the addicting hobby of rc helis.

Thanks smoothie, I knew I would eventually get a reply

Anyone got a spare Zippy-H 6s 5000? (I know how long you waited and I'm will to pay extra) - I would really like to get flying right away.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up

Welcome to the crazy world of helicopters. You'll be broke in no time now.

2) - Should I make some training gear or screw it?

Yes! It's a lot harder than it looks. Put training gear on at least for your first few flights. Four dowels from the wood department at home depot and a few zip ties will cost you less than $5 and might postpone your first crash by many months.

Diploid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diploid View Post
Welcome to the crazy world of helicopters. You'll be broke in no time now. SNIP
I hear ya there!!

Welcome to helifreak. Jim.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

I hear you Diploid, and thanks Bob O - (I'll get some doll rods for the maiden, makes sense).

So which radio of the two should I use, and who would be kind enough to sell me a Zippy-H. I know you love them lipos and that they take a while to get from China, but I'm just looking for someone to part with just one of them so I can fly this bird next week - please, (just PM me so you don't reveal to everyone that you are a softie). thanks Jim
Old 04-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sup bro,
You can get a zippy pack from HK in 6 days..I ordered 2 and got them shipped to oklahoma in 6 days! Of course youll pay extra coin for the EMS express..It was like 45$ for EMS shipping but IMO its worth It..I would recommend new packs because you dont want someone else's abused packs..They might look good to go used, but you wont know condition of cells unitll you check them...Hurry only 5 left!!!!! HERE.. http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...0C_Lipoly_Pack
PyroM!KE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome! Yup thats a good deal IMHO. I bought a used Alum frame w/motor ESC/BEC and when I bought all the other stuff (gyro, servos, Rx, etcc) it was around 850$ total...and that doesn't include the eagle logger. So yeah pretty sweet deal! I still haven't got mine in the air yet (same reason...battery).

'scuze me while I sell a kidney to further fund my heli...
mr2mkii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks guys, but I only need 1 pack and don't wanna pay 45 shipping for 1 pack.
Also, I don't want anything less than 25c, (fwi - keeping your packs cool and stress free is the number 1 KEY in pack longevity. the higher the C the better, (whether you need all the available amps or not).

I have 4 DeWalt packs and plan on making a couple 7s2p4600 A123 packs for sport flying.

So please, please, please, I know that there is someone out there that has a new 25c Zippy-H 6s1p5000. (please sell it to me and when they come back in stock I will buy a few and return the favor, purty please).

Also, is it possible I can get a comment on the radio question?

thanks Jim
Old 04-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bro my 5000 20-30c packs never see 130 degrees.These zippy h packs are great..I heard the 30c flightmax zippys come down hotter than the H's do...Anywho whatever floats your boat..Im gonna stick with the H packs with my ESP.Over 40 cycles and still going like they were new...Ohh and the EMS express goes by weight..It would be like 20-25$ shipping for one pack..
Old 04-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

Not talking about the Flightmax - I heard the same negative stuff about them comparied to the H's as well.

Anyways, there was still 6 of the 20c ones left so I ordered 2 of them and paid for the Express shipping - AFTER paying them, they said my 2 lipos are on back order

How do I cancel my freekin order right away so I don't have them tie up my $300 bucks til the next shipment in 2 months - please help
Old 04-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

OHH S#!T !!!!! That sucks..Im sure if you contact them tonight They should cancel your order..They should be open tonight around 9pm..Im pretty sure its 8 or 9 AM in hong kong at 9 pm here and they will be open..Click on the upper right corner where it says live support and you can chat with them..HUH..Im still showing them to have 1 in stock still..You might ask them if they are in stock or not..Give them your order#..
I have to do the same thing tommorow...I got a nitro motor for a 600nsp and changed my mind so Im gonna have to cancel my order from amain or switch the order to the motor I want..I hope they will do it for me..
Old 04-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

You guys seem pretty tight lipped over here - gonna go check out runryder for help
Old 04-07-2009, 12:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey dude, dont sweat it. dont rush yourself into flying your first 50 size electric as soon as you set it up. it is very exciting, but take it slow if ya can!

im close to Chicago, so if you want to meet up and fly a couple of my 6s packs that i want to sell you are more than welcome. ill get them charged up and ready. ill help with setup and even fly the thing to see how good she feels. if Sunday is good for you we can meet up at the Checkerboard field across the street from Loyola hospital on 1st ave. pm me if inetersted.
eightythree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2009, 01:14 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightythree View Post
hey dude, dont sweat it. dont rush yourself into flying your first 50 size electric as soon as you set it up. it is very exciting, but take it slow if ya can!

im close to Chicago, so if you want to meet up and fly a couple of my 6s packs that i want to sell you are more than welcome. ill get them charged up and ready. ill help with setup and even fly the thing to see how good she feels. if Sunday is good for you we can meet up at the Checkerboard field across the street from Loyola hospital on 1st ave. pm me if inetersted.

That is mighty nice of you and I really appreciate your offer. I will take you up on it and I apologize to all for selling this site short. I am the one who is normally so quick to help others, and when I felt no one cared much that I actually needed some help, I kinda got dissapointed. No worries now though thanks Jim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in