Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Stolen T-Rex 450SA Florida, Lake Mary Area

Hello all,

I'm sad to say my 6 month old T-Rex was stolen out of my car on the early morn. on 2/6/08. The police said there were about 12 break-ins in the surrounding neighborhoods that night. If you are in the area and see someone trying to sell it to a pawn shop, hobby store, or inquiring how to get it to work please try to get their name and number. Tell'em you know someone who will pay them Top Dollar for it. Then call me and the Seminole County Sheriff's Office. They did not take the transmitter or batteries thankfully. It has a white canopy with a black windshield, Std. red/white blades, no decals, Align 3550 blue motor w/gold heatsink, Align 35amp speed controller, blue Berg 7ch. receiver, Align gyro, All Hi-Tec HS-65 servos. Please help me if you can, because sadly I can't afford to replace it. 8-(

P.S. If anyone knows about the local hobby shops around here please drop me a line or message. I'm new to the area from Maryland and every local hobby store I call in the phonebook seems to be out of buisness.

Thanks,

Mike
Cell: 301-471-1543

Seminole County Sheriff's Dept. 407-665-6600 Case# 200800001280
shoe612 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

That sucks. Check E-bay and your local craig's list regularly. Sometimes these "geniuses" will try to sell the goodies quick...

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's a bummer. I live in the area and will definitely let you know if I hear or see anything relevant. Also the hobby shop local for us is graves check em out at gravesrc.com.
shawn
Shawn Behrens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys! Will do on the Craig's List.

I put a call in to Justin at Grave's (I was told he was one of the heli guys in another forum) and he's going to let everyone in the shop to keep an eye out for it too.

Mike
Old 02-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mike I am sad to hear the news on the Helicopter. I live in the Lake Mary area and most likely not too far from you. I recently just left the Seminole County Sheriff's Office as a Deputy for a new carrer. If you have any pictures of the helicopter that would be great to post on this form and to hand out to the local hobby shops and possibly the pawn shops if they are willing to take them.

Also I will keep an eye out for it and let all of the guys I know from the S.O. to look out for it, cause they know from my heli experiance what it takes to get them flying, keep them flying and what they are worth.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me that way if you would like to get in contact further I can give you the info without giving it out to everyone.
LEOHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2008, 02:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Dang!! Sure am sad to hear about that. Being without a heli is like being without air. I guess car insurance or homeowner insurance won't cover it?

If I wasn't in the poverty parade I'd buy you another one. The guy who did this should be shipped to Gitmo. Tomorrow is lottery day... keep yer fingers crossed.
vera is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2008, 07:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Unfortunatly, I don't have any pics but I can describe it to a "T".

Other than what I've mentioned, the most obvious feature would be the canopy. I scuff sanded it with the intention of painting it and never got around to it (to busy flying it, I guess those blades a churn'n would have sped the drying time though).

So, it looks dull and kinda crappy up close without the gloss finish they come with. Couldn't tell it in the air.

I also used a couple pieces of the figerglass (I think that's the material) black expandable loom to cover some of the wiring to neaten things up.

Not covered under car insur. Possesions are covered under homeowners policy according to my rep. There is a $500 deductable unfortunatly. I just figured out yesterday they got my Craftsman toolbox that was in the van also and I paid a couple of hundred dollars for that. So I might be filing a claim now.

AMA also has insurance up to $1000 w/ a $100 ded., but you have to exhaust your home policy first, and there has has to be forced entry. My doors were unlocked, stupid, stupid, stupid.

Mike
Old 02-09-2008, 08:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

also you could post a reward for finding it, with a large $ attached to it's return. 9 times out of 10 the perp will be the one to say "i just found this in the ditch" or "at the local park".
i can't think of any worse feeling then having your beloved bird stolen. three years back i had my mtn bike ripped off. specialized, full suspention hydro diskys carbon everything ect. $5000 gone in one minute. i feel for ya.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in