Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2006, 06:18 PM   #41 (permalink)

They are available now. Who knows what the future holds. Models change and better products are released. If you use BCP or HB CP2 head parts, there should be a good supply for a while.
ronaldf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2006, 12:27 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddz
Bent the tailboom and the people who manufacture the frame won't sell just the boom so I'm having to find raw material at the local metal supply house and making my own. Not a show-stopper, but a pain in the butt..
What is the OD on your boom? check out arrow shafts at Wal-mart, etc. Aluminum or CF, two booms per shaft.
zooland1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

what ESC are you guys using? I had a Phoenix 25 and the thing blew up on me when i pluged the lipo in :censored: should i replace it with another P25? or are there other suggestions out there?
jetblue2135 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2006, 06:32 PM   #44 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooland1
What is the OD on your boom? check out arrow shafts at Wal-mart, etc. Aluminum or CF, two booms per shaft.
Don't recall off the top of my head, but the local metal supply house has started stocking what they call "hobby sizes" so I bought about 6' of the stuff which should net me 4 booms.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #45 (permalink)

If I were to get the belt conversion and stuff...could I use the stock electronics (4-n-1, servos, stock transmitter) stuff like that?
K.J. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

OnGuard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2006, 03:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Belt drive

1st post deleted.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:24 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My belt drive project isn't a joke.

It just looks that way!

As you can I wasn't kidding. I just did some more work on it. I have to cut down the tail boom some . May/probably will use a belt from 450X model instead of XL/SE which is long. I also may order a belt from Sterling Instrument , where my pulleys are coming from.
Trex from boom -----> back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blade3d-frame5.jpg (206.0 KB, 78 views)
Old 08-22-2006, 01:13 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can someone please help me......I'm using the pheonix 25A ESC with HDX300 3800kv motor. My problem is when i connect the battery the ESC does the normal initialize beeps then flashes 3 times, pauses for a second and then has a fast continuous flash that does not stop. Can anyone help me out here?
thanks
Old 08-22-2006, 10:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Belt Drive CP

I Really Really wasn't KIDDING.
Tues. P.M.
I went down into my shop . Looked at the conversion project and thought "I wish the pulleys would come sooner" Went upstairs and UPS was in the driveway! Did some more work on it tonight and tried out the motor.

It's an Eflite/Hacker E3 series 3700kv that I had on my last Blade CP.

I fired up the motor with only the tail rotor attached YESSSSS! It's going to work !

WED.P.M.: Mounted Electronics wicked fast and hovered in my basement for about 5 Min. It's like a mini Rex!
I should have called this a TY-WRAPtor because that's the main fastener right now! Fresh 900 mah pack has plenty to goose it around real quick. I need to fine tune Everything though. Pic shows my mechanics. This has been fun!
Contact me if you'd like to know where/what different part are from.

Fri 8/25/06: Needs more POWAH!
The conversion flies smoooth but climbout is slow as it now weighs 16 1/2 ounces. That's with a 900 mah 3s lipo. I am going to put a 1320 on it and change the motor to an outrunner and the ESC to a 20 amp NR3D that I have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blade3d_drive_done1_1.jpg (139.3 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg blade3d_ty_wraptor2.jpg (325.2 KB, 113 views)
Old 08-23-2006, 07:10 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got the thing almost ready to go, the motor seems like it have more than enough power to me however I have not hovered it yet. Im trying to figure out how to decrease my pitch, it is extremely positive right now and when i go full throttle there is a heavy load on the servos because thay cannot pull the swashplate down anymore (if that makes any sense). Im trying to figure it out now so i can have my first flight today. Also, is there anyone else using the spectrum radio? Or anyone who can tell me what to program in for my pitch and throttle curves?
Old 08-25-2006, 11:18 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblue2135
what canopies are you guys using? I think I'm gonna go with the new CP Pro canopy.....saw one in the LHS the other day, looks cool! should fit
Here is mine with a BCP Pro body.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00847_199.jpg (1.59 MB, 102 views)
Old 08-26-2006, 09:50 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can someone please help me with setting the pitch and throttle curves in my radio? i have the spektrum DX6. Any help would bed great
Old 08-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ronaldf

GREAT looking heli. What's it weigh? What's the motor and KV?

Helpful hint: On my Blades , in a crash, the screw sticking down from the paddle would bust up the back of the main blades. I took them out and put them in from the bottom . It helps, if you do crash. I do.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #55 (permalink)

Default Re: Ronaldf

[quote="aramsdell"]GREAT looking heli. What's it weigh? What's the motor and KV?
quote]

The total weight of mine is 454.4 gms or 16oz with 1300 lipo. (About 350gms with no battery) It has a Feigao 2753kv with a 10T pinion. Head speed should be about 1700 rpm.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:26 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

OnGuard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #57 (permalink)

Jetblue 2135,
I have been going through the same issues with mine. I also have the DX6. Let me share the knowledge I have learned. Anyone please correct if I am wrong cause I am new also.
ok,
First set your controller to idle up mode(flipping the left flight mode switch forward). Then unplug the motor, and put your left stick (throttle) and mid stick, what I gained from the finless vids. The servo arms are supposed to be adjusted so they are parallel with the ground or at 90 degrees to the main shaft when the throttle is at 50% in idle up. Get the arms as close as possible, and use the sub trims to make them perfect. Then you need to have the swash about a 1/2 inch from the top of the shaft. I am using the stock plastic head with an aluminum swash. So you adjust you pitch control links to make the swash plate level and a 1/2 inch from the top. This is easier to do when the head is off. So if it was, install it again once you are done. All the endpoints in my radio are either 100% or -100% i didn't mess with those.
My pitch curve in normal mode (PLN, P2N, PHN) is 52, 70, and 87%. I had to go down to 87% because the little slider on the center hub would bottom out at 100% pitch. So I gave it full throttle, and adjusted the pitch until the servo's stopped buzzing. I checked my pitch and in normal mode it is -5 to 10. I don't do any 3D flying so this is fine for me.
Important!
I want to that Ecaf for helping me. He is the one who showed me how. Thanks!
I hope this helps.
~skip
sk1pp3r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2006, 09:07 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Skip~
Thanks for the help, ill try that. I also have to figure out my blade tracking issue....... it is due to the rediculous slop in my spindle/blade grips im pretty sure. When holding the tip of the blade I can move it a coule inches up and down! I already tried tightening the screws at the ends of the spindle.....Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #59 (permalink)

well remember that the o-rings in the spindle will allow the blades to move a little. I'm not sure why though, i'm new.
sk1pp3r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2006, 08:34 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sloppy spindle

There is a shim washer kit for the blade. You add equal # of washers between the o-ring and grip on each side until it firms it up to your liking.
The washers are only a couple thousandths thick. I've had 3 and 4 on a side depending on how old the o-rings were. You should use a silicone type grease on the orings to allow them to flex without chafing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in