Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Car and Truck Info and Support > Electric > Truggies

Truggies Truggies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default SC10 kicks @$$!!!! Lookout Slash guys!

Just picked up a brand new SC10 truck over the holiday weekend. Ended up getting a smokin' deal on it and couldn't help myself. It's the RTR Pro Comp version (I wanted a kit but couldn't get the stuff together to do it all without almost doubling the price).

So far not a single complaint. It soaks up the bumps like they're not even there. It turns on a dime (or at least as well as any 2WD will. It'll throw brodies all day long ). The stock ESC/Motor seem to be pretty good--even on NiMH's. Haven't busted out the LiPo's yet, but will tonight. I haven't really beat on it yet, but it can take some pretty gnarly hits so far. It handles about 5X better than any Traxxas Slash I've tried out (Even when 'suped up they still handle like a bathtub IMO). Hopefully the track will be hoppin' tonight and I can give this thing what for! I got to drive an SC8 (Nitro) around last week and was pretty impressed. Not quite as nice as a 4WD buggy, but then again I didn't get enough time in on it top figure out the brakes/throttle for landing jumps.

Anyways, just thought I'd see if anyone else out there likes the Associateds and if they've tried out either of these two trucks. I'm definately a BIG fan already!
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just grabbed two Slashes for me and my son. These things are a hoot!

I doubt we'll mod these RTRs or go competitive in the CORR trucks. I'm already looking to get back into 8th buggy or truggy. The Losi 2.0 8ight-T is impressive.

Oh yeah...we're using SMC 2s 5400 LiPOs. They punch really good but the stock motors fade after 5 minutes. You don't realy get the time advantage unless you go brushless and keep the gearing tame.

makaluch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Right on! The Slash is honestly Traxxas's best truck to date. I've pretty much sworn off Traxx altogether, but the Slash almost got me. One of the big things that puts both of the trucks in the spotlight is how fun they are to drive! I own several 4WD trucks and truggies, owned a Jato, a street truck, and buzzed around with a few other 2WD trucks. None of them have the same sheer giggle factor of these trucks. The SC10 is much better set up than the Slash for track running or racing and it's solid as a rock bone-stock. No motor fade, No glitches, no faulty parts, radio has a lot of cool features (adjustable punch control and full throttle ATV's), solid frame and body design (built like a Pro-Line, not the normal flimsy crap of most cars/trucks), upgraded parts out of the box (shocks, dogbones, metal tranny gears and diff gears).

The only downside (if you can call it that) is that the stock ESC/motor is almost too powerful to use 11.1V. On 2S, it would kick so hard that it was barely controllable if you weren't used to feathering the throttle. I'm hoping to get tons of run time this weekend and see if I can really put her through the paces.

Not that I want to go preaching at you about trucks, but have you had a look at the SC8e? That's my dream truck, but I'm pretty stuck with the budget. I got my SC10 for less than what I could get a Slash, so I had to jump all over it. I just hope to have enough cash around to go all out on an SC8e sometime in the near future! The buggies are ok, but I like the look of the trucks a lot more. Plus it has a full roll cage and is 4WD. It even has mudflaps! Way cool
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Traxxas Slash 4x4

I just picked up the 4x4 Love this truck! All stock and I still can race cars in the 40mph street at 2 in the am! And all the Youtube video's Dang that thing can take a beating!!
Old 09-16-2011, 05:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love my sc10 but after upgrading the esc and motor for more power i find i strip the sun gears in the diff too easily, anyone got a solution for this? I was thinking of using double shims or a thicker shim because i don't want a ball diff. And yes i adjusted my slipper clutch but can't get a compromise between acceleration and slip- it's either worn slipper clutches or stripped diffs lol.
mick87 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in