Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New dx8S , whats next? When?

What is the next radio to be updated on the Spektrum line?
Im thinking of getting a dx8 but it seems like thats the next one to be updated.
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

DX8 updated? It's brand new! And just recently finally mature. Don't look for any change in that radio for many years. But do expect future firmware updates and new features via software updates Best radio I've owned.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks sly, just checking ..about to hit the order button. I did not want to get one and the dx8s come out before the holidays lol.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

be sure to order from bigskyhobby... a great shop... very high volume of sales... always fresh sotck. $289 (if you need radio only)
Old 10-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hm have not ordered from them yet but that sure is a great price. Your local shop?
Ill check them out!
Thanks!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes Jeremy happens to be local.. but he ships literally 100's per week... many here on HF have bought from him.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great prices! may have to give this place a try, thanks!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm on the same ship looking for a DX8 for my BNF helis. Its release date comes up as July 2010 which is almost 2 and a half years ago...Most electronic equipment get a fresh look in such time nowadays. I still couldn't bump into an info about a possible DX8s, but that DX8 price posted is a bargain for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
| SAB GREEN GOBLIN 700 | SAB URUKAY | Synergy E5 | Synergy E7SE | 700 Dominator | Futaba 18MZ | T-Rex 500 ESP DFC | Mcpx BLS | Red Bull BO-105 | 180CFX | Kyosho Hyperfly | TBS Disco | Disco Pro | Disco Pro AMOB | Caipi | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |
Hizlimax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There is no DX8s in existence or in works AFAIK, it looks like a simple confusion by OP with DX7s, which does exist. So DX8 it is
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizlimax View Post
I'm on the same ship looking for a DX8 for my BNF helis. Its release date comes up as July 2010 which is almost 2 and a half years ago...Most electronic equipment get a fresh look in such time nowadays. I still couldn't bump into an info about a possible DX8s, but that DX8 price posted is a bargain for sure.

Oops, my bad math. Can't believe it is a couple years old already.
gothicbunny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

If they did update the dx8 I hope it would have a fixed antennae like the dx18.
michaelm0268 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just pointing out.. the DX6i was released back in 2007. I'd expect it to get an update first, if anything. Then again, the twitchy pots on the 8 could be a greater impetus.

Also, hoping they keep the hinged antenna... one of the reasons I bought the 8 instead of the 18 was because the antenna makes it harder to fit into a standard case. And even if it breaks? It's like 12 bucks and ten minutes (tops) to replace it.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I went ahead and ordered a DX8 since it won't be my main radio and mostly be used for BNF stuff. Its a proven model and will do more than I need out of it. I guess a replacement model won't be happening for a couple of years.

| SAB GREEN GOBLIN 700 | SAB URUKAY | Synergy E5 | Synergy E7SE | 700 Dominator | Futaba 18MZ | T-Rex 500 ESP DFC | Mcpx BLS | Red Bull BO-105 | 180CFX | Kyosho Hyperfly | TBS Disco | Disco Pro | Disco Pro AMOB | Caipi | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |
Hizlimax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
Just pointing out.. the DX6i was released back in 2007. I'd expect it to get an update first, if anything. Then again, the twitchy pots on the 8 could be a greater impetus.

Also, hoping they keep the hinged antenna... one of the reasons I bought the 8 instead of the 18 was because the antenna makes it harder to fit into a standard case. And even if it breaks? It's like 12 bucks and ten minutes (tops) to replace it.
The DX18 fits in the standard cases just fine. Oh yes the DX18 is so much easier to program I think the best upgrade for the DX8 would be to have the same programming as the DX18, brilliant next one would be to make the DX8 the same size and weight as the DX18 it feels so much better.

petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
DX8 updated? It's brand new! And just recently finally mature. Don't look for any change in that radio for many years. But do expect future firmware updates and new features via software updates Best radio I've owned.
Brand new? It's been out for well over 2 years now.
helifanatic99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedee View Post
The DX18 fits in the standard cases just fine. Oh yes the DX18 is so much easier to program I think the best upgrade for the DX8 would be to have the same programming as the DX18, brilliant next one would be to make the DX8 the same size and weight as the DX18 it feels so much better.

Looks like if you were to drop the DX18 and break the antenna off, you'd have to replace the whole radio case?

Another interesting feature is that the antenna is straight out which is said to be a no-no on the other "adjustable" antenna used on other radio's.
wanderer56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer56 View Post
Another interesting feature is that the antenna is straight out which is said to be a no-no on the other "adjustable" antenna used on other radio's.
The DX18 has two fixed antennas for the best possible diversity. Yes, there's the vertical antenna, but the rear carry handle houses a horizontal antenna, as well. That's essentially the same part of the antenna that everyone "bends over" with a conventional 2.4Ghz antenna.
helifanatic99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
My user experience agrees with Slyster... it is the BEST radio I've owned (out of 5). I will admit, after I bought it (DX8 or JR9 (?)) I had a bit of buyer's remorse and I though I should get the JR instead. But, after fooling with it, flying it and getting the bugs worked out (HH stepped up and fixed it...) I won't part with it.
As for the comments that other radios are easier to program, well, how much easier can programming be? LOL And, because you CAN upgrade the firmware, the radio has the potential to be around a long time. Really, how many different iterations of the same TX style can you come up with? Unless it is something totally out there radical, I can't see it changing too much! (although an iPod style touch screen would be nice...)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in