Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2016, 11:27 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Trex 700n broke two flying, nx7 broke one in a crash and one just flying. I assume vibrations from breaking in new nitro motors, plus weird positioning on the trex. Top of the receiver tray isn't great for the all in one units imo... Wiring is ugly. For whatever reason, my synergy nitros have been fine though.
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2016, 11:59 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My Synergy N-7 with a 105 has been without issue. The NX-7, especially with the YS 120, is a jackhammer and not much survives. You can put thin clear heat shrink around the unit as well before installation to prevent excess movement (did that when I broke the tabs taking the unit apart to look at the internals....works perfectly).
Old 11-01-2016, 11:15 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My VBar Neo case appears to have broken mid flight

I was flying my TRex 700L gently at the field when I thought I felt the heli twitch and slightly rise a bit in height. When I took the canopy off afterwards the upper lid of the blue receiver case was raised slightly and the tabs were broken. Mikado have answered my emails but cannot believe that I didn't try to reposition the unit or remove it causing the damage myself. There are even two minor cracks in the under body of the case. Has anybody else found case damage after a flight please.
MaxFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2016, 04:38 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was going to get a VBasic for my shockie, but I don't see the case lasting more than a few landings.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:09 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

The interesting thing is that I haven't had a single heavy landing with this heli. After reading comments from other flyers it seems the case cannot stand being ripped off the gyro pad and repositioned but I haven't done any of this. The receiver battery sits next to the VBar Neo and I have to focus my attention on the blue plastic receiver box to make sure the flashing light changes colour after I power it up. I would have seen any damage and not taken off if it had been there before my flight.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:29 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

That is odd Max I haven't experienced any problems with the case unless I was removing it and never any cracks in the main case only the tabs breaking off.
What surprised me with all of this was that I never put force on the side of the case I just slide a straight edge under the neo which I thought was safe. I guess it tweaks the tabs with any force on the case.
I can't see how they would break just flying though even through multiple crashes mine were fine only when I remove them from the gyro tape did the tabs break. But I guess anything is possible.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:50 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As I posted earlier, just use clear plastic heatshrink over the Neo before mounting, the size is 25mm.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2016, 12:30 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the input Oliver, and thanks for the idea of the 25mm heat shrink Vinger. I'll keep my eyes on this topic just incase anybody has the same experience as me.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:51 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

They really just need to use a less brittle plastic and issue new cases to the customers. It's not that difficult I worked in injection molding for a lot of my early adult life before moving in to IT just use something else and be done with it.

The neo is the only fbl unit suffering from this failure fix it.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:39 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

If they just used the same plastic that's on the vlink sats that's some good stuff their I just replace the antenna on one of those and had it apart twice and was pretty rough with it and didn't have any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vcontrol
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2016, 06:14 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

really need to post this stuff over at vstabi, they don't read here much unless directly linked
mc20piece is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2016, 12:19 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc20piece View Post
really need to post this stuff over at vstabi, they don't read here much unless directly linked
Yeah I opened a thread the same time as this one there.
http://www.vstabi.info/forum/read.php?42,152806

No real movement just that it was being looked in to.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:44 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1071 View Post
Yeah I opened a thread the same time as this one there.
http://www.vstabi.info/forum/read.php?42,152806

No real movement just that it was being looked in to.
Got to give them time to develop, test, retool if necessary, approve, retest, then release
Old 11-05-2016, 01:06 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughingstill View Post
Got to give them time to develop, test, retool if necessary, approve, retest, then release
Oh yeah just saying it was posted on Vstabi just more informative hearing workarounds on here in the meantime rather then bugging them on VStabi.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1071 View Post
Oh yeah just saying it was posted on Vstabi just more informative hearing workarounds on here in the meantime rather then bugging them on VStabi.
Mikado Germany (a totally different company from MikadoUSA), are the ones who would fix this. They don't monitor any forum other than VStabi.info. If they release info, it will be there for sure
You aren't bugging them by asking, they invite responses
Old 11-06-2016, 06:56 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not seen the same problem with Futaba RX cases and they use the same design. The gauge of plastic Futaba has used looks thicker.

It is odd that given the company's background they have issues with cases on not just the NEO but the transmitters as well.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2016, 08:25 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
I have not seen the same problem with Futaba RX cases and they use the same design. The gauge of plastic Futaba has used looks thicker.

It is odd that given the company's background they have issues with cases on not just the NEO but the transmitters as well.
Transmitter cases are not breaking
Old 11-06-2016, 08:39 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for off topic and raking over old territory but...

It has been noted by some users some versions of the transmitter doesn't like nitro flyers. lol.

On the silverline I have found out the case melts when Shoe goo is used to hold the connectors in.

I haven't broken a NEO but I have broken the tabs on a satellite.

The comment is that Mikado does plastic but with the many mixtures of the raw materials they have not chosen so well for the ancillaries.

I fly Logo and have NEO and VBC and used to have mini v-bars and silverlines, so not a hater just saying.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2016, 08:49 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
Sorry for off topic and raking over old territory but...

It has been noted by some users some versions of the transmitter doesn't like nitro flyers. lol.

On the silverline I have found out the case melts when Shoe goo is used to hold the connectors in.

I haven't broken a NEO but I have broken the tabs on a satellite.

The comment is that Mikado does plastic but with the many mixtures of the raw materials they have not chosen so well for the ancillaries.

I fly Logo and have NEO and VBC and used to have mini v-bars and silverlines, so not a hater just saying.
Not sure what version of the transmitter does not like nitro as I fly nitro and I handle all returns. There were issues with the Champagne which were switched for customers FOC but that was a peeling of the covering, not the plastic.
As for shoe goo, Gorgin uses it exclusively on all his VBARs, never had a case melt. I would like to see if that is a different version of goo???
Obviously Mikado has some work to do on the NEO case, they are, they also handle all customer concerns when they are advised of them.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughingstill View Post
Not sure what version of the transmitter does not like nitro as I fly nitro and I handle all returns.
I have the standard black vcontrol, it has stains all over it from nitro/exhaust/etc. Functionally it's fine, just doesn't look very nice anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in