Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods

600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Align T-REX 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 700 class 530KV motor in a 600 EFL Pro

Hey guys,

Trying to figure out if a 530KV motor will fit in my 600 EFL Pro..Had a little motor blow out and want a suitable substitute over the Christmas holidays until I can find a 510 Kv to put it in it. I know KDE makes a kit for this mod..I have the adjustable motor mount and the upgraded KDE gear so I think the 530 should fit...But just wondering that if I should get it to fit were there any other gotchas I should be aware of? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Align do an upgrade kit, cause I got one today , it's 49 euro . It comes with all you need .
Old 12-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The Align upgrade will allow many large motor options without the need for shimming servos or other tricks to keep the motor from rubbing the front servos. If you do not plan on using the upgrade kit, some of the larger motors can become an issue. I ran a Scorpion 4035-500 and Quantum 4135-530 in my EFL. Both of them rubbed during hard flying. I had to shim one side of the servos quite a bit to angle them enough to prevent the motor from rubbing in flight. I haven't personally tried the Align upgrade kit, but I have heard it solves this issue when flying big motors in the EFL.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What size motor is good for a 600 PRO DFC? Sorry to hijack the thread but I don't want to start a new one and still have trouble finding a current thread on this. I am flip flopping with a 550E or 600E. I still want to be able to do autos which is why I am heavily considering 600 PRO DFC. I am a custom builder and am looking for a scorpion motor and Castle ESC combo. Any suggestions? I don't need it to run like a raped ape but good power similar if not better than align is plenty.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe the KDE 600XF-530 motor was the first after market motor of appropriate size to be a direct replacement for the Align motor on this bird. However, due to the higher torque, some folks recommend bracing the front cyclic servos to prevent the motor can from contacting the servos. There are currently more motor choices.
Amain Team Pilot
jhamel is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
I believe the KDE 600XF-530 motor was the first after market motor of appropriate size to be a direct replacement for the Align motor on this bird. However, due to the higher torque, some folks recommend bracing the front cyclic servos to prevent the motor can from contacting the servos. There are currently more motor choices.
If I were to go with lets say a Scorpion HK-4035-560. Would I need a special mounting plate or something?
Old 02-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put a HKIII-4035-530kv in my 600pro. I used the performance booster kit to create the required clearance between motor and servos, You may be able to squeeze it in by shimming the servos but i couldn't say for sure.

I had to slot two of the holes in the mount plate to suit the Scorpion bolt pattern, luckily i know a friendly machine shop.

here it is:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1066.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	486526  
Old 02-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
I put a HKIII-4035-530kv in my 600pro. I used the performance booster kit to create the required clearance between motor and servos, You may be able to squeeze it in by shimming the servos but i couldn't say for sure.

I had to slot two of the holes in the mount plate to suit the Scorpion bolt pattern, luckily i know a friendly machine shop.

here it is:
Thanks the for the picture bud! Thats a nice set up there. What gears are you running and Whats the power like? What kinda flight times are you seeing with head speeds? Shortly before I got out of the heli scene the last time I was just learning electrics. I was a nitro guy myself. Eventually I got tired of lugging nitro supplies to and from the field. Plus it sucks spilling it in the car.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!

It's the standard 'performance booster kit' gearing, so 118 main gear and 14t pinion.

I'm a relative nubie on helis, my flying is limited to loops and rolls, but on 2000RPM head speed I'm getting 7 minutes easy. I've got max head speed set at 2200 but it would run higher if I wanted.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am not familiar with the "Booster kit"
I have the KDE Direct adjustble motor mount and the red frame braces.
Is the "last step" the 118t main & 14t pinion? That would add some space between the servos and the motor can and make a minor change to the gear ratio (from 8.61:1 to 8.42:1)
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have run everything from what I consider a wimpy older Align 750MX up to the KDS 495kv older version, and the newer gen Kds 505kv, then the Scorp 4035-630. And am now running the Scorp 4025-520 Ultimate Mikado version on mine. Which is what is staying in there.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gonna put a rewound 1.5mm wire with 505KV in my Pro.

No idea what i can do with my 600MX though..? Rewind to maybe 6S, combi wind so i can fly 6/12S?
apper001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in