Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50

Thunder Tiger 30/50 Raptor 30, Raptor 50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default TT 600 Blade problem

Just put a set on my t-rex 600. i have used these same type of blades on my Tiger 50's and Raven 50 with no problem, probably 6-7 sets.
Well my 600 had a terrible shake that i couldn't stand, my buddy Tim took it to see if he could find the problem, he called me and said the blades were badly out of balance and the paint on the root was bubbling. He then put a set of 620 razors (nhp) on it and lo and behold the shake went away. well, i haven't had this problem in the past, so i called the HS where i bought them and they didn't believe me, said i would have to take it up with the manufacturer. Anybody else have this problem? Ron
T-rex 600 HFE Rotorworkz,#2 T-rex 600 HFE Rotorworkz, Tiger 50 w/hyper 50
T-rex 600 Nitro Pro, YS-50, MP-5, 6100t, 9255's,Futaba 14MZ 2.4 & 72mhz
Hotwings is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

All blades should be checked for proper balance, regardless of make or type.

One problem that exists today, is that too many people don't know what it takes to build a good helicopter. Instead of heli builders, we have heli assemblers... people who just take the parts off the shelf, bolt 'em on, and expect everything to be 100%. It just doesn't work like that.

I've owned TT 600 carbons before, and I've had to put a small amount of tape on them to get them to balance. I've also taken the time to check both chordwise and spanwise balance, as well as total weight. Once I got everything balanced out, they flew fine.

Be careful that you don't just assume that carbon blades are perfectly balanced right out of the box. Yes, some manufacturers are better than others when it comes to quality control and factory balancing, but nothing is perfect. I've even seen V-Blades that needed a little correction. That doesn't mean that they're bad... it's just a fact of life.

So long as you don't have some kind of structural deficiency, I'd just balance them and go fly.
There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
ShawnK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

these blades are so bad i couldn't balance them,. they aren't even close to the same weight. i'm going to send them back, it's like they came out of different boxes. i always check the balance if needed. usually there is no problem with the current manufacturing processes. i've been doing this a while now. Ron
T-rex 600 HFE Rotorworkz,#2 T-rex 600 HFE Rotorworkz, Tiger 50 w/hyper 50
T-rex 600 Nitro Pro, YS-50, MP-5, 6100t, 9255's,Futaba 14MZ 2.4 & 72mhz
Hotwings is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ron,

It's very likely they did come out of separate boxes. We had an incident at the Fort Myers hobby store where someone opened every package, inspected every blade, and then proceeded to put them back in whatever box and in whatever order. I spent several hours with my fractional gram scale getting them back in order. Fortunately I haven't had to buy blades recently, but I've heard that the now come with each set marked with an individual number. I can't confirm this though.

Bob

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Churchill
capebob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've gone through a few sets of TT 600 carbons. I had to balance one set both chord and span with slight adjustments, one other set needed about 2-3 raps on the end for span balance. As long as they are safe I don't mind using them.

If they are that bad, with the bubbles and all, send them back

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in