Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
Your throttle curve for auto should not take you to zero but to a point where your engine will stop.

Take the blades off and turn on the motor then lower your flat curve to a point where the engine stops and then add a few more clicks. I think that should take care of your problem.
Thanks for the quick reply. I can make the throttle hold and bailout work fine on two different switches. Havent tried it but Im certain I can make it work on a three position switch. I wasnt very clear in my post. What Im trying to do is make both functions work on a single two position switch (on/off). Thought with all of the programming this radio and ESC have it might be possible. When I do this the throttle hold function (safety) takes the throttle to zero and for lack of a better term overrides the setting for bailout.
Rotorwash759 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorwash759 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I can make the throttle hold and bailout work fine on two different switches. Havent tried it but Im certain I can make it work on a three position switch. I wasnt very clear in my post. What Im trying to do is make both functions work on a single two position switch (on/off). Thought with all of the programming this radio and ESC have it might be possible. When I do this the throttle hold function (safety) takes the throttle to zero and for lack of a better term overrides the setting for bailout.
The Mezon needs to know what you are doing so if you come from regular throttle, switch into auto, when you switch out of auto it will go to what you were doing before, i.e. regular flight so it will spool up fast.
When you are in throttle hold it figures you are starting the heli so it will spool up slowly. So with the way you want it on a single switch it thinks you want to spool up slow because you are starting the heli. So I don't think it is possible.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
The Mezon needs to know what you are doing so if you come from regular throttle, switch into auto, when you switch out of auto it will go to what you were doing before, i.e. regular flight so it will spool up fast.
When you are in throttle hold it figures you are starting the heli so it will spool up slowly. So with the way you want it on a single switch it thinks you want to spool up slow because you are starting the heli. So I don't think it is possible.
Ok thanks, was just a thought to free up a switch. Thanks for the replies.
Rotorwash759 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Post your "HOW DO YOU DO THAT" Questions Here

Could anyone post the steps for getting a perfect rescue switch and slider for the horizontal function on the HC3SX please ?
...and a s-load of planes
ArguZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArguZ View Post
Could anyone post the steps for getting a perfect rescue switch and slider for the horizontal function on the HC3SX please ?
[ame]http://youtu.be/ndw0IeLNXtg[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/wHy6jnW5WI8[/ame]
Old 08-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How do I reverse a mechanical switch?

OK - so I've had my DS for a couple of days and am reading though the manual ... slowly.

I will be suing it for a MR and will need to assign the SE switch for Manual / ATT / GPS ATT. My current configuration is that GPS ATT is enabled when the switch is set to the Top or UP position.

When I look at the screen display:
Main Menu --> Advanced Properties --> Sticks/Switches setup. Then I use the RIGHT arrow to go to the SE switch screen....and this is where is seems backwards to me. With the switch SE in the UP position, the status bar to the LEFT (what I think of being "down position") is darkened. Center is fine. Switch DOWN fills in the RIGHT side of the status bar.

So - how do I "reverse" the throw direction of the SE switch?

Thanks for the help.
Dale.
(OBTW - if anyone has a setup file for the NAZA that you've used with your DS-16, could you send it to me? I'd like to see what others are doing and "copy" so I don't necessarily need to start from scratch)
rdalemercer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default jeti ds-16 with cyg750

does the jeti ds16 wrk well with futaba cgy750 flybarless system? I have a newly built vario ec135 petrol heli setup with blade rotor head, 4 servo 90degree swash. setup with 45degree electronic setup through cgy750.just sold my futaba chg 10 channel radio and thinking of getting the jeti ds16 soon.
kevin39307 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin39307 View Post
does the jeti ds16 wrk well with futaba cgy750 flybarless system? I have a newly built vario ec135 petrol heli setup with blade rotor head, 4 servo 90degree swash. setup with 45degree electronic setup through cgy750.just sold my futaba chg 10 channel radio and thinking of getting the jeti ds16 soon.
Yes but only if you use the Jeti RX in standard RX output mode (not PPM) and then use a SBE-1 converter so you go from PWM to SBus. Lots of wiring for that sort of setup, but possible. You would NOT have remote controllability with the CGY though.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotto View Post
I figured it out using logical switches.

I defined one logical switch called "L-TH" which is true if the throttle hold switch is activated. Then i defined one logical switch for each additional flight mode (Normal -> L-Normal, Idle up 1->L-IU1 etc). Each of those is true if the sa flight mode switch is in Normal/IU1/IU2 AND L-TH is false.

I then added voice events to those logical switches. Because the logical switches are evaluated every time the flight mode or throttle hold switches are flipped, I'm getting the correct voice for TH on (announcing "throttle hold"), TH OFF (announcing Normal/IU1/IU2) and when I flip the flight mode switch. Moreover, nothing is announced if I flip the flightmode switch when throttle hold is activated. Very cool!
Just wanted to say thanks! I wanted the same thing and that helped greatly.
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2013, 03:53 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Mixer a switch for rescue and a slider for horizon on the Bavarian Demon 3SX hat been covered already ?
...and a s-load of planes
Old 08-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys,

I must be missing something obvious, but how do I program the Mezon ESC via device explorer?

It must all be connected as I can set up the sensors and I recieve information on voltage, current, rpm etc. however in device explorer I only get "R9 EX" (which I set up, seems fine) and "RC Switch" (which I have no idea where that's from).

No Mezon ESC showing up. How do I program it?

Edit - ah despite the wording of certain statements, it appears Mezon's are not accessible via device explorer, only via the jetibox app. Got it sorted now but that's a shame - device explorer is much quicker and easier to use!
Old 08-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

No device explorer for Mezon (yet). JetiBox emulator is quite simple though.

[ame]http://youtu.be/KgDYxiuUfFk[/ame]
Old 08-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Helpful vid, thanks
Old 08-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post
Helpful vid, thanks
My pleasure.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:04 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

got it...
the trick was to use TWO identical mixers for the switch that has to override the slider setting the positive horizon values .
Old 08-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArguZ View Post
got it...
the trick was to use TWO identical mixers for the switch that has to override the slider setting the positive horizon values .
Well done!
Old 08-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How to set the countdown timer voice for "each" minute?

I have successfully set the timer:
Menu --> Timers/Sensors --> Timers.
a. Created new timer labeled "FlightTime"
Initial Value -9:00 (to count DOWN)
Target Value 0:00
Timer Type: Standard
Report Type: Voice
Switch: P4 (activated at -90% through Advanced Properties --> Sticks/Switches Setup --> P4)
Reset Type: Short reset

...and when the timer reaches -5:00 minutes I hear the voice - and every 10 seconds after it reaches 1:00 minute. Why not at 9:00, 8:00, 7:00 & 6:00 .......?

How do I get the timer to "report" at each minute? I've tried several combinations in the Main Menu --> Timers /Sensors --> Voice output screen --> Repeat every "60 seconds" ... with no success.

Thanks.
Dale.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I do not believe there is a way to change that. It starts at 5:00, then once each minute until 1:00 where it then announces every ten seconds until 10 seconds and then counts down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalemercer View Post
I have successfully set the timer:
Menu --> Timers/Sensors --> Timers.
a. Created new timer labeled "FlightTime"
Initial Value -9:00 (to count DOWN)
Target Value 0:00
Timer Type: Standard
Report Type: Voice
Switch: P4 (activated at -90% through Advanced Properties --> Sticks/Switches Setup --> P4)
Reset Type: Short reset

...and when the timer reaches -5:00 minutes I hear the voice - and every 10 seconds after it reaches 1:00 minute. Why not at 9:00, 8:00, 7:00 & 6:00 .......?

How do I get the timer to "report" at each minute? I've tried several combinations in the Main Menu --> Timers /Sensors --> Voice output screen --> Repeat every "60 seconds" ... with no success.

Thanks.
Dale.
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

It can be done but you need to do some editing of a file in the Tx. The info on how to modify the timers voice calls is here.

http://www.jetimodel.com/en/DC-16-am...-notification/

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
It can be done but you need to do some editing of a file in the Tx. The info on how to modify the timers voice calls is here.

http://www.jetimodel.com/en/DC-16-am...-notification/

//Dennis.
Thanks Dennis! I'll take a look at this later in more detail. It seems from a cursory review that I just need to add the 6,7,8 & 9 .wav files to make this work.

While I know that most of you (us?) use the telemetry data to judge flight time, I have used my Tx timer for a long time by confirming my "flight timer" is still correctly set based on how many mAh I put back into the battery when charging (reactive). This new method will help provide "proactive" flight time judgement.

Thanks again.
Dale.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in