Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New V120D02s and Devo 10 somethings fishy?!?

Ok, So I have actually been learning on my Blade Nano and just started back with my V120D02s (also just got my canopy in so I could fly) First thing I notice is that its much easier to control now for some reason

Heres the problem, I started to mess with the settings on the Devo 10 to mellow it out so I could learn easier. I think I hit something because all of a sudden I went to fly it again and it lifted then it started to spin nose counter clockwise? I set it down and started again and it started to lift fine then out of the blue about 2 feet off the ground it did it again?

So I looked at the settings again to see if I hit something accidentally and I saw the gyro was on manual, so I swwitched it to auto. It seems to work ok again but I only used one battery because it was dying and when I set it down, now the rotor still spins ever so slowly at 0 throttle?

What did I do? Is the setting ok for gyro being auto? Please help. I am charging now to try and fly again to see if its going to spin again but like I said it stoped when I adjusted gyro setting to auto, not sure if its a coincedence.

Also, what would be the best settings on the Devo 10 for this bird when I am learning, to keep it mellow?

Any help would be great.
Thank you!
GM
gamoratz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 03:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Put Gyro to around 60%. Do not go under 50%.

To mellow it out use D/R and Expo on ELE and AIL settings. Maybe on rudder too since it is pretty quick.

And next time don't touch settings you don't understand, you can wreck the bird and it would end up costing you $$$.
sbstnp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Erase or make a new (since u got a few spots on devo10) model memory!
Use either stock manual settings, or something mentioned in the stickys in the top of this forum! They are sticky for a reason
If u encounter something u don't understand, READ! Easier to make good settings, and therefore u will fly much better!

Study study study, fly! Less problems and spare costs

And if there is something special u can't understand, ask!
We have all been beginners! As i still am, havin a hard time getting confidence to flip it over
SnuskSam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It seems to be pretty common with the Dev 7 or 10 to have a tiny bit of throttle when the collective is totally down. I think you can adjust the it to be slightly less than 0%, like negative 10 or something. Or you can just use the TH, which is what I do.

As far as settings, adding expo and reducing travels on the aileron and elevator will slow it down, but i would suggest you keep the tail a little faster as it helps piros. Also turning up the gyro on the RX as far as it will go without twitching will help it feel more solid.
ChitownMatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownMatt View Post
It seems to be pretty common with the Dev 7 or 10 to have a tiny bit of throttle when the collective is totally down. I think you can adjust the it to be slightly less than 0%, like negative 10 or something.
The TX doesn't have anything like that unless you need to perform a calibration. V120D02S has/had a firmware version with what you describe. I cured mine by upgrading it.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you all for your help! I will keep my hands out of the pot from noww on. If something seems wrong I will take it to the field and have some senior flyers take a look, better than crashing it and putting out the money to fix it.

I will try the above and let you know if it works now!

Thanks again!
GM
Old 12-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well as an update it is still acting a little strange. Sometimes when I lift up it's ok and sometimes it spins counter clockwise?

Also want to note that when I first turn on my tx, like your suppose to, then plug in the battery on the bird, it dosent communicate? So I turn the tx off and then on and then it does? Do you know why it's doing that?

Thanks again everyone!!
GM
Old 12-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Substp,
You can adjust the travel of the throttle to exceed 100% on the low side, like 110% to stop the spinning. (Function; Trvlad; Thro; L 110%)

Gamoratz,
Don't be afraid to play around with your TX adjustments. Being able to tune your heli for different flying characteristics is one of the cooler things about these helis. But, like Sam said, copy the suggested setting into an open space so you always have something to go back to.

For really slow docile flying try these:
Pitch Curve L-15, -15, 0, M+20, +35, +50, H+70
and the throttle L0, 35, 50, M50, 50, 50, H50
D/R at 60% for both the pitch and roll and at 100% for the yaw.

No sure what is causing your binding issue; I have never experienced that issue.
ChitownMatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownMatt View Post
Substp,
You can adjust the travel of the throttle to exceed 100% on the low side, like 110% to stop the spinning. (Function; Trvlad; Thro; L 110%)
Yeah as a temp solution, but the D02s had a firmware upgrade specially for this bug.

Tags
devo 10, spinning, v120d02s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in