Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default 400

well...heres the low-down on the 400...and by the way...great info Bob...

I worked on the heli until 3am..last night...went over everything,again and again....and yeah..the trial and error thing works...servos have two directions,up or down......50/50 right?...two of the three for cyclic worked well.,the other..not so well..

Long story short...took it to my local hobby-shop..the owner is pretty good with helis(and everything rc)...he looked over my set-up...said it was spot-on...came down to a bad reciever....I am going to call tech-support,explain the problem to them..maybe they will send me a new rx..if not ,no big deal...

Thanks to all for your help with this .....
tracks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #22 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracks View Post
well...heres the low-down on the 400...and by the way...great info Bob...

I worked on the heli until 3am..last night...went over everything,again and again....and yeah..the trial and error thing works...servos have two directions,up or down......50/50 right?...two of the three for cyclic worked well.,the other..not so well..

Long story short...took it to my local hobby-shop..the owner is pretty good with helis(and everything rc)...he looked over my set-up...said it was spot-on...came down to a bad reciever....I am going to call tech-support,explain the problem to them..maybe they will send me a new rx..if not ,no big deal...

Thanks to all for your help with this .....
Glad you got it sorted out. Seems that your thoughts all along about it being a receiver problem were right.

My comment about "trial and error" was made due to what seemed like you changing things and "trying" it out to see if the changes worked rather than knowing they would work.

Sounds like once you get a new receiver in it all will be good.

Quote:
just got done installing them...took it out for a flight...and it is completely backwards...reversed everything in Tx....gonna try it again....are the stock servos digital?...will let ya know shortly....I love flyin em...am tryin to lolve workin on em.

thanks
Quote:
well ..that didnt work to good...seems the servos are working in the right direction....heli just seems to be flying ...like a rock...wont leave the ground....swash is level....tracking is spot on...beats the crap outta me..gotta be something in the rx.. wow..this is a bit baffling....anyone wanna have this 400...
Quote:
Bob..Two cyclis are working properly..elevator as well..cyclis tilting swash forward..I went into swash in TX and reversed...changed from 45+ to 45-....I do understand the reversing process...I am going to try it now..will let ya know
Old 03-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

thanks Bob...me trying things to see if they work...kinda falls along the line of commcn sense..I am by no means an experienced heli flyer..kinda like a process of elimination...if something doesnt work..I want to know why...

I love flyin em...have a bit of a problem dialin them in..I can fix the small things...just have a bit of a problem when it comes to trouble-shooting...there in line falls this love-hate hobby...

But I enjoy it...so I just keep on spending and flyin....
Old 03-31-2012, 09:40 PM   #24 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Good luck with the new receiver, tracks. Let us know how it goes.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

was going to buy one at the hobby store...but held off to see what tech says....they have been great in the past,as far as diagnosing problems...now if I can just refrain from buyin that 4503D I saw in the store...
Old 04-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

alright folks..heres the low-down on the heli...I called tech support,explained the problem to them,but given tyhe age of the heli..they couldnt do anything for me,I didnt have a problem with that..They did suggest however,that i use the stock ESC..their explanation of why was completely baffling to me..but I did pull the new ESC out,and installed a new stock one I had lying around...picked up a new AR6100 at my local hobby shop..installed it..tested it inside..things went well.

decided to take outside for a small test flight..(very windy here in Philly today)..flew well for about 3 mins..you all know the drill..big gust of wind.and crap!!....heli landed hard on its side,bent main and feathering shafts,one new servo stripped,and the tail-slider broke..how the heck does the slider break..I mwas only about 4ft. off the ground.....Oh well,just wanted to give yas an up-date on heli..and thanks to all who worked with me on this problem.....
Old 04-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

tracks

with your updated servos on board. I would not recommend running the stock esc unless you have an external bec on there. I ran the stock esc for a few weekends after doing full servo and gyro upgrade. Motor side of esc failed 6 inches off ground and landed fine. I had a brand new CC esc at home but kept lagging. Could have been worse if fast flight or something else when it quit. I would either put the Castle esc in it or use the stock esc and put a bec on it.
TODDC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

I am not running an external bec..with the new servos.according to tech/...I dont need one...then again...it wont be the first time they were wrong..I am considering re-installing the castle ESC....when all other repairs are made..and an external bec...thanks for the input....
Old 04-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400

ok...heres the progress..main and feathering shafts are replaced...oh yeah,fly-bar as well..the servo I cant get until tomorrow...but the slider,..had to order it..along with the whole tail assembly.....might as well replace it all..isnt this supposed to be fun?...

I guess its that wonderful,wanna kick it,wanna fix it thing...

I will keep everyone up-dated(yeah....right)
Old 04-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would at least run an external BEC if you stay with the stock ESC, too many stories of helis catching fire or shutting down mid flight.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in